5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny
This clock is not cheap but so far (4 months) it has proved very accurate and reliable.

Published on 21 Jan. 2013 by T. Thurston

3.0 out of 5 stars calender clock
This is a very good clock, good size, great for my mum, who was losing track of the day's, but very cheap looking for the big price. It could do with a better design for the little flap that gives access to the dial change knob, twice while changing the time the flap dropped inside the clock.. took time to get it out.. !
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 21 Jan. 2013
T. Thurston (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Desktop 'Perpetual Calendar' Clock - G236A

It takes one large D-type battery which was supplied with it, and we have ours mounted on the wall. It is quite large - about 12 inches wide and 3 inches deep, and it sticks out from the wall a couple of inches. It's made of plastic but it has a solid, quality feel about it, and it looks smart and business-llike.

It keeps time very well to within a few seconds over several months. The calendar mechanism is ingenious - it's all mechanical but it knows how long each month is over a four year period, so it ticks over automatically from "30 Nov" to "1 Dec" and "31 Dec" to "1 Jan" etc. - there's a fiddly little knob at the back to set the current year, but you only have to do that once, and then it keeps track of leap years on its own.

The only adjustment needed is when the clocks change from winter to summer time.

It does have an audible tick, but none of us has found that irritating yet.

Mounting it on the wall was not very difficult but it did involve drilling two level holes the right distance apart, then inserting the plugs and screws that were supplied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect clock for making sure you know the day, time and date, 16 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Desktop 'Perpetual Calendar' Clock - G236A
This has just arrived and it is perfect for my mother who forgets what day it is so when she looks at her calendar she knows what day to look at and what she is doing that day. The clock arrived very promptlyand the batteries were included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, helpful item, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Desktop 'Perpetual Calendar' Clock - G236A
I bought this for my Mum, who because of medical conditions, often forgets what day it is and rarely knows the date. It's been a great help and my Mum is now more independent and never asks now what day it is - great for the family.

It's reliable, well sized and easy to set-up. As it's battery operated, it can be placed anywhere - very flexible.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Desktop 'Perpetual Calendar' Clock - G236A
Brilliant for elderly parent who never seems to know the date... saves her ringing me in state of confusion several times a day. Works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece of kit, 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Desktop 'Perpetual Calendar' Clock - G236A
Bought this for my mother in law who struggles with knowing where she is in the week and its great to know that this clock is there and never needs adjusting

4.0 out of 5 stars Very popular present for a nursing home, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Desktop 'Perpetual Calendar' Clock - G236A
Expensive! We bought this for my mother-in-law, who is in a nursing home, so that she would know what day it was. It has been a very popular present with the carers, and I have had many requests for where I bought it. Actually I would have been very happy to keep it myself because it looked good on my limestone fireplace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal reminder of date and day of the week, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Desktop 'Perpetual Calendar' Clock - G236A
I bought this for my Mum as she is unable to keep track of the days of the week and has been turning up on the wrong day for meetings etc. Since getting her this I no longer have phone calls to ask where everybody is. Recommend this to anyone with similar problems. Arrive much quicker than suggested delivery time scale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant buy!, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Desktop 'Perpetual Calendar' Clock - G236A
I bought this clock for my mother who has dementia and gets very confused with days and months. She absolutely loves this clock - it looks very neat and really helps her. She no longer gets upset when she can't remember what day it is - and no longer has to ring someone to find out. An excellent purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its been a really good buy, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Desktop 'Perpetual Calendar' Clock - G236A
Mum like a lot of people has been diagnosed with alzheimers and it is life changing for her and for me although at the time of writing this I know it could be worse. One of the main issues is the day she would ask over and over again what dayis it today or she would guess a day is it sunday or what other day she had thought it was .I had looked at these types of clocks and dismisses them as expensive. However on reading the positive reveiws of others I thought lets try it
It arrived well packaged on on the invoice it gives a named person to contact for any queries.
Apart from finding setting the time fiddly it was straight forward to set up .I dont think a person with dementia or alzheimers could set it up, but I would think these clocks are bought by daughters, sons and family members so assuming these clocks are set up for the person .. Although what will happen as its leap year I dont know yet. The first day mum would say what day is it I would answer mum look at the clock ( which is situated at the side of her) And the change is so noticible she no longer asks what day is it I feel its taken some stress off her as its a tool to aid the memory loss . I wish I would have got one earlier
Its not that fantastic to look at, but I dont think this particular clock is about it been a mantlepiece showpiece. Its an empowering tool, and such a useful tool its given mum some independence back if that makes sense... I think it was really bothering her that she did not know which day it was. Every where you turn these days we seem to read there is an alzheimers explosion. I dont think you can get the impact of this disease unless you see it close hand. this purchase has made a difference to our lives

4.0 out of 5 stars Desktop Perpetual Calendar clock., 22 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Desktop 'Perpetual Calendar' Clock - G236A
This is an office clock. Like most of the other reviewers, I bought one of these clocks for my mother aged 93 who has problems with her memory. It's quite large, clear and very easy to read. I've tried the radio-controlled digital calendar clocks but the displays are cluttered and unintelligible to her.

This clock is battery powered but mechanical rather than electronic. This means it has to use ingenious mechanical techniques to achieve what an electronic radio-controlled clock does automatically. This is all easy to adjust when you know how, but setting it up initially and altering it for Summer Time needs somebody with all their faculties. For the mechanism to change the calendar at midnight, it has to differentiate between AM and PM. There's a small window in the clock face which shows black or white so this can be set properly. It also needs to recognise leap years and there's another small window which shows the numbers 1 - 4 for the years of the leap year cycle. The actual adjustment of the clock is by using a knob which is accessed by a small door in the back. This should prevent fiddling by all but the most determined fiddlers, but it does need nimble fingers. In contrast, the day and date can moved forward easily by pressing three buttons. There's nothing to prevent curious fingers fiddling with the clock and altering the date, requiring complete resetting. Accuracy seems excellent: ours hasn't needed any adjustment between Summertime changes.

At a personal level, this clock eventually proved unsuitable because my mother has a streak of the Hyacinth Bucket and didn't like having an office clock in the sitting room.

(Apart from the size and shape, this clock shares features with the Perpetual Calendar Clock from the same range, which I also tried for my mother.)
========================================================================
Since proving unsuitable for my mother, this clock has been at my house, where it has been reliable and a good timekeeper. The other evening I was startled by quite a loud crack at 11-50pm caused by the date changing when all the tags with the numbers flipped over. I'm surprised I had not heard it before but I'm usually in bed long before that. This would not be a problem with an office clock but if bought for somebody with dementia, it would probably be unsuitable in a bedroom.

Desktop 'Perpetual Calendar' Clock - G236A