on 21 January 2013
This clock is not cheap but so far (4 months) it has proved very accurate and reliable.

It takes one large D-type battery which was supplied with it, and we have ours mounted on the wall. It is quite large - about 12 inches wide and 3 inches deep, and it sticks out from the wall a couple of inches. It's made of plastic but it has a solid, quality feel about it, and it looks smart and business-llike.

It keeps time very well to within a few seconds over several months. The calendar mechanism is ingenious - it's all mechanical but it knows how long each month is over a four year period, so it ticks over automatically from "30 Nov" to "1 Dec" and "31 Dec" to "1 Jan" etc. - there's a fiddly little knob at the back to set the current year, but you only have to do that once, and then it keeps track of leap years on its own.

The only adjustment needed is when the clocks change from winter to summer time.

It does have an audible tick, but none of us has found that irritating yet.

Mounting it on the wall was not very difficult but it did involve drilling two level holes the right distance apart, then inserting the plugs and screws that were supplied.
0Comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2012
This has just arrived and it is perfect for my mother who forgets what day it is so when she looks at her calendar she knows what day to look at and what she is doing that day. The clock arrived very promptlyand the batteries were included.
on 18 March 2013
I bought this for my Mum, who because of medical conditions, often forgets what day it is and rarely knows the date. It's been a great help and my Mum is now more independent and never asks now what day it is - great for the family.

It's reliable, well sized and easy to set-up. As it's battery operated, it can be placed anywhere - very flexible.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this item.
on 14 December 2012
Brilliant for elderly parent who never seems to know the date... saves her ringing me in state of confusion several times a day. Works fine.
on 8 February 2013
Bought this for my mother in law who struggles with knowing where she is in the week and its great to know that this clock is there and never needs adjusting
on 11 January 2014
Expensive! We bought this for my mother-in-law, who is in a nursing home, so that she would know what day it was. It has been a very popular present with the carers, and I have had many requests for where I bought it. Actually I would have been very happy to keep it myself because it looked good on my limestone fireplace.
on 29 November 2013
I bought this for my Mum as she is unable to keep track of the days of the week and has been turning up on the wrong day for meetings etc. Since getting her this I no longer have phone calls to ask where everybody is. Recommend this to anyone with similar problems. Arrive much quicker than suggested delivery time scale.
on 8 March 2014
I bought this clock for my mother who has dementia and gets very confused with days and months. She absolutely loves this clock - it looks very neat and really helps her. She no longer gets upset when she can't remember what day it is - and no longer has to ring someone to find out. An excellent purchase.
on 24 October 2015
Bought for my 85-year old mum as her memory is letting her down and she sometimes gets her days mixed up. It has a very clear, easy to read 'dashboard' for want of a better word and was easy to set up. Mum was very pleased with it and now she knows exactly what day and time it is. I have taken off one star because of how expensive it is for what is basically a plastic case with a basic clock face and some flaps of plastic for the dates. Surely this can be manufactured more cheaply? But if you ignore the price, it is good and does the job well.
on 8 November 2015
I purchased this for my husband with memory problems and forever asking me the day/date. It sits on our sideboard though intend to mount it on the wall. Easy to setup. Can see it would be particularly good for someone with memory problems living on their own trying to keep track.