5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for the price.
Published on 13 Feb. 2013 by Gofre

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent overall
I'm a bit of an audiophile, and own loads of headphones, one of my in ear headphones broke so I decided to get a pair of these until I replace them. Initially I was disappointed with the sound quality but as they burned in a little the sound improved, Oh btw I see alot of people complain about the fit, I found that these fit in my ears fine, I'm guessing people are simple...
Published 13 months ago by Simplyalif

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for the price., 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Monoprice Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphone - Silver (Electronics)
I come from a background of using a lot of pretty premium gear, my go-to headphones are a pair of triple armature customs and the venerable Sennheiser HD25-1 II. The cheapest pair of headphones I use on a regular basis are the Shure SE215 Limited Edition. Well, they were until now, as I can see these humble £5 headphones entering rotation into my listening. I tested these headphones with a rewired iPod video 5G and attached FiiO E17 amplifier.

I got them more out of curiosity than anything, they've always been praised on audiophile sites and when I saw they'd hit the UK Amazon store I was keen to try them out. Build quality and accessories/packaging is passable, nothing more than you'd expect from any pair of IEMs that run you back less than a fiver- the driver housings are big and chunky but sturdy enough, and the fabric cable feels decent but if a tad thin. Cable noise can be an issue with this style of fabric cable but it's mitigated for the most part when worn over ear. Packaging is a plastic pouch and you get one size of silicone tips, nothing else. Isolation is passable, they're vented housings but still do a better job than any stock earbud.

The first thing that hit me upon listening was how wide and airy they sound for an IEM of this price. Being "semi-open" obviously contributes but even so, I've never heard such a cheap IEM with such an impressive soundstage. As for sound signature itself, I think accurate would be applicable here, as much as it can be used to describe a pair of headphones that can be bought for pocket change. There's certainly elevation at the lowest end of the bass, which extends quite low down, but sub bass seems less forward compared to the rather prominent midrange. I daresay they'd sound bright if it was for the highs being pretty laid back. In short, they're a pretty easy listen across the board. Detail retrieval is decent, that is to say bloody fantastic for what you're paying. I really can't stress enough how staggering it is that these things sound as good as they do for this price, they've put virtually everything I've ever listened to for £50 and under to shame.

A well deserved five stars, nothing more can be expected from a product this cheao without being just plain greedy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lasted about 6 months with daily use, 8 May 2014
The main reason I bought these was that however much I spend on earphones, they always seem to disintegrate after being scrunched up in my pocket every day for a few months. So when I saw a pair that are almost cheap enough to be disposable and get such glowing reviews for sound quality, they seemed perfect.

I'm no expert on sound quality (I have cloth ears and mostly just listen to speech-based podcasts), but I've no complaints with these. They don't seem discernibly different audio-wise to ones I've spent > £50 on (admittedly not a king's ransom in audiophile terms anyway!).

I'm buying a second pair now; my first pair fell to pieces after 6-7 months of almost daily use while walking, commuting etc., which seems fair enough to me for the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best earphones, 10 Jan. 2014
M. R. Northrop (Manchester) - See all my reviews
These are the best earphones on the market at the moment. I've tried a lot through the years, cheap and expensive ones and these are near the top of the spectrum, but only cost £5. some people say the shape is bad and they don't fit into their ear but I've never had that problem. snap them up whilst they are still cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong for under £5, 27 Oct. 2014
Bought these earphones as a result of seeing some other reviews by chance and wanting to find out if they were as good as some people say for under £5.
Ergonomics - when you first look at these earphones they look quite big and cumbersome but I found that they fitted quite nicely into my ears, I know some people have very small ears so they might not be suited to people with very small ears. I have found no issues with cable noise, yes you can hear noise transmitted if you fiddle with the cable a lot but that tends to be the same with most earphones unless you are paying big money. The cable itself is fabric covered and is not the most flexible around so kinks in the cable tend to stay and they aren't easy to undo if tangled. So far the build quality seems ok but I have only had them a few days.
Sound - this is why I bought them, I had heard some very good things about these and I wasn't disappointed when I first used them I was amazed how clear vocals were and the balance between bass and treble seems very neutral with both sounding very pronounced but neither overpowering the other. Some reviews have mentioned that there isn't much of a bass enhancement, I would beg to differ, there is in my mind a definite increase in bass performance whether listening to soft music or heavy rock.
Comfort - once you've sized the silicon inserts for your ear canals they felt slightly odd to start with until you get them just right into your ears, once you find that comfortable position, I have found that you hardly notice them being there. There is quite a bit of external noise reduction when using these too which is a bonus. The more I use these the better they sound as the driver units loosen up, as with most speakers.
Generally I have found these excellent and cannot recommend them highly enough I have seen the same earphones being sold on eBay for over £20 so grab yourself a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones for under a fiver, 25 Oct. 2014
Great headphones for under a fiver.

Word of advice: The bass suddenly dropped out of mine one day when I took them out of a case I have and they were just a thin, tinny noise. No amount of wiggling the cable changed it, so I figured they'd run their course. If this happens, make sure the rubber cups are pulled out slightly so they sit further into your ear. Mine had pushed right back into themselves and putting them back in default position restored them to normal!

4.0 out of 5 stars Far better than the price would suggest, 6 Mar. 2014
Got these as a stop gap when my cherished Klipsch's died. Yes, it's not as good but then they were a tenth of the price. The sound isolation isn't bad either but I did find it difficult getting a good fit in my ear so much more fiddling was needed to get them to stay put. I wouldn't recommend these if you're going to be jogging etc but for a gentle commute, they're good for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great earbuds way more valuable than the price suggests, 7 Mar. 2015
I've use these now for well over a year. I'm still impressed with the sound quality. I recently bought a pair of Philips citiscape downtown, which were recommended because of their quality of sound. The difference in sound quality is almost unnoticable.
The earbuds do have a few minor downsides. At least for me, they easily fall out of my ears. I've remedied this with a small hack using a pair of cheap earplugs I had lying around, which actually worked really well. I haven't had a problem with the earbuds falling out of my ears since, and they're actually even a bit more noise isolated now. Have a look here if you're interested:

It was actually even easier than the video suggests as a drill turned out to be unnecessary. Just neede something sharp to make the hole with and a pair of scissors for the rest.

The other small downside is that there's no microphone so you can't use them as a handsfree as-is. In my case i have a bluetooth handsfree with a 3.5 mm jack so this is not a huge issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously good value, amazing sound, under a fiver... really?, 16 Oct. 2014
When the time came that we moved to using IEMs as part of the PA system (at church, if that bothers you...) there was the usual range of opinions about what headphones would suffice. Some people took the "I've got a pair of ear buds which came with my iPhone, they'll do...right?" approach, others went down the "can't decide between the £90 or the £125 Shure IEMs..." audiophile line.

Then I read the Lifehacker "best headphones for under $80" article (Google it) and these were very strongly recommended. But...less than ten bucks...really?

Well... put it this way, pretty much everyone who needs IEMs has these now - they isolate brilliantly, fit well (they home three different sized rubber inserts) and are very, very good as regular headphones...wear them on the tube and they are easily as good as a pair of cheaper noise cancelling ones. An essential purchase if you need a spare pair to back up your expensive Shures, or don't want to break the bank in the first place. I still can't believe they're under a fiver...

5.0 out of 5 stars The ears have it and the price is right., 5 Nov. 2014
I came across these ear bud headphones while looking at some youtube reviews. I must say these have the most rounded punchy bass every to grace my ears. The speaker drivers encased in the silver metal/plastic housing is energetic and they are LOUD. It seriously had to watch my volume levels as it did need much power to hear nice crisp music. The lead wire length is a reasonable 1225mm and its feel like smooth cotton feel a move away from the rubber insulation in most other headphones. There is no mike or volume controls on this unit but im happy if the sound is not compromised. I can see the wire could be tangled at some stage while in your bag or in the bottom of rucksacks. The almighty best thing about this is the product is the low price. How do they do it? I bought this as it just to good to miss, the delivery of the product was great Amazon yet again fast next day service.

If you like your music heavy bass and can have the trebles just making the odd appearance these are the headphones to support it and deliver it to your ears.

5.0 out of 5 stars great sounding, 15 Jan. 2014
great price and great sound
however they're not the best looking for people who worry about that and while it has been said for people with small ears they are uncomfortable (I let my family try them) but so long as they fit (this can also be improved by buying some different ear buds) you can't argue with the sound quality from such cheap earphones

Monoprice Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphone - Silver