5.0 out of 5 stars really pleased
Published 23 months ago by andys

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work
Had to send back. Did not work when plugged in. Did see on other customer comments that other people had same problem
Published 15 months ago by Roger Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars really pleased, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Jumbl 35mm Film Slide and Negative Scanner - Film to Digital Image Converter - with 2.4-Inch LCD and TV-Out (Office Product)
I wanted this as a present for a family member at christmas. I read the reviews for the cheaper makes and most were poor so I opted for this one. I am pleased to say that it has done an excellent job. My brother has used it to bring to life many old negatives and slides which would otherwise have remained unseen. The quality is as good as the original slides which is often not up to today's standards but this is not the fault of the machine.
It has connected to and downloaded to several computers in the family with ease. I would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin !, 2 Mar 2014
Alexander Smith (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a film negative scanner that would enable a large number of negs to be captured quickly.

There are many scanners that take multiple frames but the actual scanning operation is dreadfully slow but this unit is very quick per frame.

I believe it actually has a digital camera built into it and it simply "snapshots" a frame or slide, so is every bit as rapid as a camera.

A single strip or complete roll of film scanner might take 15+ minutes to complete a roll of film but this unit takes less that 5 and only takes that long if, as is usual, your developers cut the roll of negs into 4 or 5 frame segments.

I reckon an intact roll (36 frames) would take only 2 to 3 minutes to capture.

OK, it won't provide the highest quality but if you're scanning hundreds, perhaps thousands of frames, this is the one for you.

It has built in simple image editing, with mirror, rotate and brightness control, enabling operation completely without connection to a PC.

The only downside is that you do need to keep an eye out for dust on the frame guide as any blemish will show in the finished image.

However, if you keep the frame guide clean, it does it's job very well and most importantly very quickly.

For slides, there's no such issue. You simply drop a slide in the top, capture it and remove (it took longer to type this line than it did to perform the operation).

For the outlay, an outstanding piece of kit. Five stars all the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy To Operate, Inexpensive Solution, 7 Mar 2013
Grandma (Vermont, USA) - See all my reviews
Length:: 4:56 Mins

My Dad was a photographer. As he got older he transferred many of his photos and copyrights to me but there still remained a rather huge number of slides and negatives when he passed several years ago. As a result, my youngest daughter, who inherited the photography bug from her Grandpa, and I each have a very large plastic storage bin full of slides and negatives that we've been wanting to digitize for preservation's sake. If you've ever priced out having this commercially done, then you know that it can be very expensive. Getting all the slides scanned is a project that has been nagging at my daughter for some time now, so not long ago she sent me a link to a slide scanner remarkably similar to this one, suggesting that it might just be the perfect birthday gift. So, when DB-Tech asked me to evaluate this DB-Tech 35mm Film Slide and Negative Scanner - 5 Mega Pixel Film to Digital Image Converter - with 2.4-Inch LCD and TV-Out I was happy to agree.

The scanner arrived one day last week and after I took a gander at the contents of the box and read through the manual off it went to my daughter's house and that huge bin of slides. She scanned over 300 slides in just a couple of hours, then on Saturday instead of our usual bake-a-thon we scanned most of the remainder and made this little video showing the DB-Tech 35mm Film Slide and Negative Scanner while we were at it. While we didn't get all of the film scanned, we did scan the entire bin full of slides. I came across pictures I didn't even know existed, never mind pictures I haven't seen in fifty years! What a treasure trove.

As you can see, the scanner is very small and very easy to operate. Do set the resolution at 10M rather than 5 for best print output. While you can do minor manipulation of the images to some extent right on the scanner, I would recommend Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or GIMP for most manipulation as well as restoration, color corrections and red eye removal. You can leave the scans on the SD card or transfer them to your computer or an external storage device.

If you have a big project in the works, you will also want some Air Power Dusters and some spare DB-Tech Replacement Film Holders for DB-FS150 Film Slide and Negative Scanner - 3x Strip Film and 1x Single Frame holder - the last available from Amazon US. One note about the film holders - while they look quite similar, notice that each is clearly marked on the bottom as being for a single frame or a filmstrip. Also note the word "Front" embedded into one edge of the holder. The holder goes into the machine with the word Front facing you so that you can read it. Otherwise, it will not line up correctly to insert the film.

Grandma's $0.02 - What a great little machine, one that made very quick work of a very large project. Highly recommended. (Now if it only scanned 11 x 14 inch photographs wouldn't I be a happy camper!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Like a digital watch, 18 April 2013
T. J. Jackson (Wiltshire UK) - See all my reviews
This device does the job but takes a little getting used to. All functions are controlled by 3 buttons in different modes and combinations. The function system is more like a digital watch than anything else. It's fine with practice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, 19 Aug 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Cheerful but it works., 28 Dec 2012
Jazz (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This product comes very well packaged and is neat and tidy. However it is very cheaply constructed and feels like cheap plastic. That said I have tried some very old 35mm slides and once you have the correct setting from the options menu the device is able to produce some passable images. I have not tried the SD card slot or scanned to a PC as yet.

The price of this product should be lower - around or lower than £50 would be correct.
The better product for capturing 35mm slides and negatives is the Canon MG 8250 which is an all-in-one printer and more expensive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory - but slide / negative carriers need addressing, 13 Jan 2014
Does the job and simple to use but negative / slide carriers are far too easy to scratch and fiddly to load.

5.0 out of 5 stars DB-tech scanner, 14 Sep 2013
very impressed, easy to use and works well, I was impressed with the service and am well satisfied with the product

1.0 out of 5 stars This product is no good!, 6 Jun 2013
I can't believe that this product gets good reviews. The negatives simply do not feed through into the film holder as they are supposed to. I have fiddled around with it for ages. And why is it supplied with a 120V adapter? Is that legal in the UK? I am returning it.

1.0 out of 5 stars to scan or not to scan, 23 July 2013
This item should not be used if you require a quality reproduction of your original slide or negative. In fact it should not be sold for the amount of money it is advertised for. If I could give it minus stars I would say minus 2 stars. My advice is pay an little extra and get something that provides you with a good result.