Only read the first couple of chapters and I was in tears. It discribes my life, it was as if Noel had been watching me and the children for the past 6 years and wrote this book about us and the advice for me.
Published on 1 Jun. 2012 by shelly-belly

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
This is a good book for positive parenting advice but there is a lot of extra verbage used to describe the various techniques.
Published 24 months ago by CS

5.0 out of 5 stars Calmer Easuer Happier Parenting, essential advice for todays families., 1 Jun. 2012
I'm a parent twice over, what I mean is I had 2 children in the early 90's, and I started over again, with another 2 in the latter 00's. The behavioural difference's between both sets of children have been extreme.
Having made a rather good job if it the first time round, I never imagined that I would feel such a failure the 2nd time.
I have never stopped searching for advice from, Doctors, School, Health Advisor, family and friends, even Social Service. Conflicting advice sent me doo-lally.
I became so desparate 12 months ago, that I almost walked out of the lives of my children. I didn,t, I just avoided the morning and evenings by leting them sleep over at their daddies every night, I still struggled through the remainder of each and every day when I wasn't at work or they in school.

After reading only the first few chapters, and using the very first technique on both my children, with startlingly possitive results in a matter of days, I'm in no doubt that this book would enhance any child / adult relationship.

You don't need extra time or money to utilise the advice. Just the willingness to want to improve your relationship with your child/ren. The book does the rest.

I couldn't remember the last time one of my children (girl age 5 and boy 7) hadn't thrown some form of tantrum, each day, either in the morning while getting ready for school, at mealtimes and/or at bed time, etc. They seems to have more, 'press me and I'll kick off buttons', than a shop full of clothes.
This book has given me the insight, and confidence that I have lost over the years. I'm far from out of the wood's and I know that I/we have a long way to go. but I at least believe that I've stumbled onto the right path.

A kind soul bought this book for me. I bought myself a copy after reading 3 chapters and I gave it back to her, so that she could give someone else the benefit of it. And the next time anyone comments on their ill behaved child/ren, I'm going to plug it for all its worth, because it is worth its weight in gold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life, 18 Mar. 2013
M. Carey (Londinium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting: The Revolutionary Programme That Transforms Family Life (Kindle Edition)
Excellent, intelligent and actually also simple book, combining cognitive therapy and child (and parent) psychology, improved home life instantly. Talk about money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're struggling with your children read this book, 12 May 2012
I've never reviewed a book on Amazon before but I wanted to write about Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting because the techniques it describes really have transformed my approach to parenting.

As the mother of two young boys, I was becoming increasingly despairing about all the nagging and shouting that was happening in our house. I wasn't the mum I'd hoped to be and I often felt embarrassed about the way my children behaved. I'd read various books but nothing seemed to work and I was at a loss as to what to do. A friend told me about the Calmer Easier Happier Parenting courses run by the author of this book Noel Janis-Norton and I did one about a year ago. The techniques that she teaches which are all covered in detail in the book aren't rocket science but if you follow them they really do work.

The basis of the Calmer Easier Happier approach is positive descriptive praise to motivate your child to do the right thing in conjunction with reflective listening which helps you manage your child's strong feelings (invaluable if, like me, you've got a really emotional, volatile child). The 3 other strategies - never ask twice; preparing for success and rewards and consequences - are all used to maximise cooperation and good behavior. The first part of the book goes through each of these strategies in detail and then the next part of the book shows you how to use them in typical flashpoint situations like meal times,getting ready to go to school, bed times, homework and so on. What's great is the level of detail you get about how to use the strategies in a particular situation. By having rules to follow as a parent it takes the guess-work out of trying to work out what is the right thing to do which, for me, makes the whole thing much less emotionally charged.

I can't say that things are always totally calm, easy and happy in our house but things are certainly much much better and it's great to have this book to remind me about about all the alternatives to shouting and nagging.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only parenting book that actually helps...It's amazing!!!, 26 May 2012
M. Sutcliffe (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
I listened to this book on audio first and I really recommend this, Noel, herself reads the book and it is easier than reading and needing to process, take in and remember what you have read! Listen whilst cooking, washing up, ironing, before bed etc. However, it was so good I ordered the paperback to refer back to. I felt calmer and happier just reading the book and started using descriptive praise as frequently as possible. Amazed that this works so immediately. Will probably still be a long, hard process to improve my seven year old son's behaviour and cooperation but it will certainly be possible now I have this book! I have read and own so many parenting books and been given advice or suggestions but nothing has ever worked or felt quite right. I really believe it will this time. Thank you so much Noel Janis-Norton!

Every parent should buy this book, I believe the techniques will transform family life (and quickly!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 27 Oct. 2012
I picked this book up out of desperation! After reading about descriptive praise I used it on my daughter and within 2 days I had a different child!
Thank you for clearing the fog and making me realise that my actions were the main problem.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 13 Mar. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars I never believed the hype, but was hoping there might be some nuggets in here...., 11 Aug. 2013
.....but I was wrong. This technique totally works, our 4 y.o. has changed in a week com a complete terrorist to a loveable chum. Unbelievable! You just need confidence and patience. You've nothing to lose, right?

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing!, 10 Aug. 2012
Some years ago we went to see Noel for help in managing our two fairly normal children aged around 7 and 9. Here are the before and after pictures.

Before: I used to take mine to school 3 days a week and there were days that I came back after dropping them off and needed to lie down for 10 minutes to recover, before I could start work. E.g. `Yes, I do want you to take your coat...I know it's sunny now but take it anyway just in case...It's not stupid... Yes, it does look unlikely that it will rain, but it might'.

After: I was amazed to find myself one morning reading a book by myself in the living room, almost serenely, while they were in the kitchen preparing their packed lunches and getting ready for school. I suddenly realised what I was doing and it struck me how much things had changed. I felt confident that all the things I wanted were taking place - getting dressed and washed, gathering their PE kit, making a packed lunch, unloading the dishwasher etc.

My wife summed it up by saying she just stopped shouting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Calmer, easier, happier reading, 24 May 2013
Thanks, Noel, for your great insights on positive parenting! I have a 2 and a half year old toddler and, although the suggestions on the book are supposed to be for children older than 3, I have already found some utility in her method.
I think Noel repeats herself a lot, the same could be said in fewer pages, but I guess she wants to make a point and try to convince us of it, kind of a brainwashing but in a positive way, so it's ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformational, 17 May 2014
My mum gave me this book (a friend had recommended Noel's techniques after attending her workshops) and it has transformed our household for the better. For my 4 year old son, it has resulted in less confrontation and fewer tears, more cooperation generally, a huge improvement in his eating habits and great leaps in him doing things for himself. When my daughter was born almost 2 years ago, we put the 'sibling' ideas - together with other strategies - into place from day 1 and have been amazed on a daily basis by how lovely and loving their relationship is as a result - keep thinking it can't last it's so good. And for my husband and I are now totally zen 99% of the time despite the stresses of balancing work and parenting. It took a while to change our habits but we kept at it and haven't looked back. It's all about the long game! And I'm loving the lack of nagging. Whole heartedly recommend. Does what it says on the tin!