5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money
One of the cheapest pair of shorts I good find and they did a great job for my first snowboarding trip
Published 19 months ago by jake rudkin-wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Much smaller than I thought, but did the job
Published 12 months ago by Jocelyn Dickinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Did the job - saved my bum!, 10 Mar. 2014
Absolutely essential if you're a novice snowboarder - provides protection for your bum and hips and really helps protect you from any nasty falls; I came away with a lot less bruises than all my friends, even though I was the one always falling over... Can't save you from every bruise, but really helps and keep your bum warm when you're sitting in the snow.

Unfortunately, stitches holding padding to shorts is pretty weak, and I found that it started to fall apart after my first lesson; however, if you're a beginner, it really doesn't matter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Much smaller than I thought, but did the job, 8 Mar. 2014
Bought these shorts for a week of beginner snowboarding this winter. I'm normally women's size 10 so as these were apparently unisex, I ordered a small. I received a medium for some reason, but this was lucky as I could still hardly do them up. Ultimately they did quite a good job of protecting me from multiple falls, but the Velcro on the shorts was so sharp I couldn't wear them without leggings or tights underneath as they gave me nasty scratches. Also be aware that you will need ski trousers that are one or two sizes too big in order to fit these underneath. I guess you get what you pay for, and as a budget option these were ok, but I would probably get a better quality product next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Feb. 2014
Bought as a present for the boyfriend and he said these shorts saved him having lots of aches and pains after a week snowboarding! Well worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, 15 Feb. 2014
Small and I'm a 30" waist fitted perfect and took a battering as a first time boarder. No problems at all

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential kit especially for beginners, 14 Feb. 2014
I was surprised how satisfied I was with this product as I thought for the price it would be a bit shoddy. True the build quality is quite basic, but it offered very good protection throughout a weeklong snowboarding trip where it was fully tested (I am a beginner!). The stitching stayed strong and showed no signs of wear and it is barely noticeable under ski/boarding trousers. So glad I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Saved my a$$, 20 Feb. 2015
Cheap and reasonable quality. One of the pads is starting to pull away (stitching loose) but I did give them a battering snowboarding and definitely cushioned many a blow! Would recommend over and above more expensive alternatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Order 1-2 sizes larger than you normally wear, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: PRO-TECT S M L XL ski snow snowboarding impact padded protective shorts guard body armour unisex (Misc.)
Great product - works well and comes up higher on your back (i.e. covers coxis) than I feared. Order 1-2 sizes larger than you need though -- especially to fit over bulky thermals etc. snowboarding

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor stitching on one of the pads, 7 Feb. 2015
XXL out of stock - XL sent - first time used the stitching on one of the pads failed and I've had to repair with needle and thread. Saved my butt on the slopes though, and comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good all round protection, 6 Jan. 2015
Shorts provide good all round protection and are well priced. The padding is quite thick so may not be suitable if your trousers are already slightly tight!

1.0 out of 5 stars Product not as pictured., 16 Jan. 2015
Product was a different brand, different material and different construction than the product described and pictured.

PRO-TECT X-Large ski snowboard
Out of stock