5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
This keyboard is perfect for anyone like me who has to accompany singers at various venues. It is extremely lightweight, easy to set up and dismantle, and has an excellent range of tones. For its size the quality of sound and the volume are surprising. Highly recommended as a portable instrument.
Published on 19 Dec. 2012 by Choirmistress

3.0 out of 5 stars An average, beginners keyboard.
This is ok for a child or an absolute beginner.

Could not be used professionally, so if you are looking for a portable session instrument, move along.

For the price, you can't grumble, but don't expect anything other than a lightweight, flimsy plastic keyboard.

If you are serious, and have more money, look for an electric piano, not a...
Published 14 months ago by Paul G

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 19 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Casio CTK-240AD 49 Full-Size Keys Keyboard with AC Adapter (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio CTK-240AD: Great beginners keyboard instrument, 29 Dec. 2012
I bought this keyboard for my 12 year old grand-daughter for Christmas, as she has for some time mentioned wanting to learn keyboards. We have found the Casio CTK-240 AD to be an excellent choice both for the absolute beginner, as well as budding keyboard player. It is a well made fully contained instrument, and has a great sound. It is packed with all the features you need to make this both a serious instrument, as well as very entertaining to play. Its features include: full size keyed, fully polyphonic keyboard with split-keyboard facility; really good range of sounds including organ, piano, brass and string instruments: great range of preset rhythms, as well as a good library of popular tunes which you can play along to, or improvise. It also came with a free on-line tuition guide for the beginner. A great instrument for kids and adults alike!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely tone, 19 May 2013
Mr. P. Grant (Staffs UK) - See all my reviews
A lovely keyboard with just the right feel on the keys.
Well worth the money. Would recommend this to anyone taking up the piano but like me hasn't the room for a full size one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 23 Feb. 2013
I love this keyboard loads! It came quicker than expected and had no delivery damage done. It's a great quality product and I spend hours on it learning new songs. It also came with a song book with easy songs to learn inside. Overall 10/10, amazing!

4.0 out of 5 stars great for begginers, 19 Aug. 2013
It is a fairly good keyboard most suited for begginers and kids, has a fairly good array of sounds. The only criticism is that it is not
touch sensitive. Otherwise a fairly good instrument.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant keyboard, 7 Feb. 2013
Pippa Sweeney (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Fantastic keyboard. Bought this for my daughter's 8 th birthday and she loves it! We all do! I used to play when I was younger so I am enjoying both her and I using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes nice music, 1 Jan. 2013
M. King (UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this for one of our granddaughters for Christmas. She s absolutely delighted. These keyboards have come a long way over the las couple of years. Excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners but not for the more advanced, 8 Mar. 2015
I had wanted to learn piano for a year or so after my Grandma had taught me a couple of pieces so I asked my aunt for a keyboard for xmas, and this is what she gabe me. From the moment it was out of the box I was amazed how light this was and how easy to set up it was. I was also amazed at the number of tones, songs and rythums that Casio had provided. I was able to use it straight away as it came with an x stand so that was a bonus. I would definitely recommend this keyboard to anyone wishing to play piano or just to learn on as the keys feel great. I gave it 4 stars because dirt can easily get between the contacts and keys which makes them unplayable if there is too much dirt. This was easily fixed with a can of compressed air. The only thing I would moan about this piano is that there are not many keys which limits you a bit, but this was bought for me so I had no choice of key number. Also, the provided music stand is just a metal frame which makes pieces of music able to fall through easily (as shown in the picture). Also, the groove is a little shallow for music to put on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard, 21 Dec. 2012
Mrs. J. D. G. Davies (Moreton, Wirral, England) - See all my reviews
This is my present to me from my husband it is a smaller key board than I though but the price was great and I'm thrilled with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 13 Jan. 2013
This is a great keyboard for the price. Very impressed with this purchase for my 5 year old. It has all the functions she could need at this stage. I wanted to move on from a child's keyboard to something advanced enough to last her a number of years and this fits the bill perfectly. It also arrived within two days during the busy Christmas period - fantastic service.