5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased
Published on 16 Nov. 2012 by D. Conely

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected for the price!
Very disappointed in the poor sound quality and inconvence to having reset the keyboard, e.g. tones, rhythms, every time I use it and therefore having to refer to the Appendix Sheet to get actual tone, rhythms required.
Published 15 months ago by Bundle

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 16 Nov. 2012
D. Conely - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio CTK-3000AD 61 Key Touch Response Keyboard with AC Adapter (Electronics)
We wanted to buy a keyboard for under £100 for our daughter's Christmas present. It needed to be suitable for someone who is learning, but we also wanted her to be able to continue using it once she had progressed a bit further. To this end, it was essential that it had touch response keys to emulate the keys on a piano whereby a gentle tap on the key will produce a soft note and a harder strike will produce an stronger, louder note. After much looking around we settled on this one as it seemed to tick all the boxes.

We ordered the product late on a Monday night and it arrived promptly on Wednesday morning, which I thought was excellent service, especially considering that delivery was free. I should point out firstly that, although it is described as being supplied with an AC adaptor this is not actually the case, so I was somewhat disappointed when I first opened the box to test it. I contacted the seller via email when I realised the mistake and they replied within half an hour. They explained that the problem was with the product listing supplied by the manufacturer and they were not aware of this until my email. They were very apologetic and they resolved the issue very satisfactorily, so I was extremely impressed with the after sales service provided.

As for the keyboard, I am really pleased with the quality of the build and the sound it produces. Most of the tones sound quite authentic and it has the look and feel of a much more expensive instrument. It has a number of built-in lessons for novice users and although I have not tested all the functions on offer it seems to be quite comprehensive and should take you through to an intermediate level. There is also a selection of songs pre-programmed into it with the keys and notes displayed on screen so that you can learn to play them. You also get a songbook included in the pack to help you expand your repertois.

All in all I would highly recommend this keyboard. If you are considering spending slightly less on a similar keyboard without touch response keys, I would advise against it.

5.0 out of 5 stars sensitivity, 17 Nov. 2012
As a pianist this keyboard was perfect for travelling and allowed me to seriously practise. It has exvellent backing possibilities too when connected to an amplifier.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected for the price!, 19 Dec. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Keyboard, 26 Jan. 2013
Bought this as an entry level item for my daughter. She has being going at it non stop since Christmas. (I would advise buying Headphones at the same time.)
The layout is very simple. The majority of the sounds are pretty run of the mill, and most don't really sound great, but the piano option is absolutely spot on, and precisely what we were looking for. The other sounds, for our purposes, were only ever an interesting extra, so that can be forgiven for the price.
Definitely worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value - good buy, 8 Jan. 2013
Stephen Clark (Worcestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
I wanted a keyboard to help me with my singing perhaps more than to play it as an instrument primarily. It has oodles more functionality than I shall ever need, but the keys seem to work in an appropriate way - of course a more demanding user might find otherwise but they may be willing to spend a lot more. The freebie music lessons are interesting.

I bought a stand with it branded Tiger. This works in the sense of holding the keyboard but there is no specific locking point so the keyboard slips around on it a bit and it is also a bit wobbly. Might we worth looking at alternatives there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value keyboard., 31 Dec. 2012
I bought this keyboard, based on reviews, for my daughters. I am very impressed with the quality of the product- it looks and sounds good. The touch-responsive keys work very well, particularly on the default 'grand piano' setting. it is packed with interesting features, including simple lessons and exercises. Our favourite instrument sounds so far are the church organ and the slow cello, which gives a lovely mellow sound on slower pieces. On the whole, I would find it difficult to fault this purchase for the money I paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all the boxes, 26 Dec. 2012
After searching for a suitable keyboard for a seven year old, I spotted this model.
For just over £100 it certainly ticks all of the boxes. It is simple and intuitive enough for him to 'play with', but has the added versatility to grow with him, and be a really useful as an instrument for him to learn to play properly.

Pros

Build quality is excellent, keys are large enough and the touch sensitivity is pretty good.
Plenty of bells and whistles to keep him amused.
Drum kit percussion not bad
Good tone and sound quality
Headphone socket!

Cons

Display not the biggest and a liitle cramped, but not a major problem for us
Not the loudest by any means,but again not a major issue for us! (see above)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says - a good base level touch sensitive keyboard, 14 Dec. 2012
A decent enough basic touch sensitive keyboard - not packed with features but does enough. Purchased this for use with worship band at church. The only thing I miss on it really is the lack of an ability to split the keyboard between two different tones. If using in a similar setting be aware that the buttons are very sensitive so it is quite easy to accidently start a rhythm playing when adjusting other settings!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed., 12 Feb. 2015
Bought as a present for my wife, a complete beginner. She absolutely loves this. Our daughters violin teacher came to our house and used this to play accompaniment on a few pieces, she was quite impressed with this keyboard and its sound. There is a sticker on the box it comes in that directs you to free on-line music tutorials set up by Casio, these also have proven to be useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Love it, great product...speedy delivery!