5.0 out of 5 stars Hang on to your hat!
My leather hat didn't come with a chin strap & I could not find a chin strap in any of the stores I looked in. Being anxious not to lose my hat in very windy conditions, I turned to Amazon & found this chin strap from Barmah - ordered it and it was delivered within a couple of days.

Published on 1 Nov 2012 by MarcoPete

1.0 out of 5 stars chinstrap
grossly over priced for what amounts as not more than a over priced boot lace i was expecting thin strips of platted leather . I would not recommend these too any one else very poor and expensive./A licence too print money ???????????????????
Published 17 months ago by brian harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Hang on to your hat!, 1 Nov 2012
This review is from: Chinstrap To Fit Barmah Hat (Or any hat that takes a chin strap) (Apparel)

My hat has two tags with a hole in each just below the brim on either side of the hat. The chin strap has metal bars at the fixing ends that fit through the holes in a similar way to a treasury tag that you might use to hold papers together in a file. There is a simple sliding piece of leather to adjust the tightness of the strap & the loose ends are knotted together.

It all works a treat & makes the hat very secure regardless of the wind conditions. I am very satisfied with my purchase - thank you Barmah!Chinstrap To Fit Barmah Hat (Or any hat that takes a chin strap)

1.0 out of 5 stars chinstrap, 22 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Get these for your hat., 26 Nov 2012
Bought these for the hat I bought on here to keep it on my head when it's windy. They do a great job. Thread them through the eyeholes and tighten it under your chin and away you go. Not bad for £8, shame the hat didn't come with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not sure here..!!, 27 May 2013
How do you review a chin strap. !!! It fits to the hat, goes under my chin, and makes sure my hat doesn't do a runner when it gets windy.!!!
Lovely toggle.!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep your hat on windy conditions, 30 Mar 2013
It does exactly what it says. I have it on my Barmah Hat. Take it off if it does not look cool.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last long, 14 July 2014
Its a great strap and fitted easily to my new leather hat. However, after one days wear on snagging the chinstrap very lightly one of the metal tags from one of the ends came off. Not sure I will go back on and will now have to tie a knot to fit the chinstrap on that side. Such a shame.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoe Lace Technology, 18 Jun 2014
The slide is good though. but a pair of laces would work just as well. The Pound shop is looking good.

1.0 out of 5 stars THINK, 9 Jun 2014
This will be the most expensive BOOT LACE you will ever buy. Make your own from leather laces then your hat will look right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it's supposed to !, 16 April 2014
G. P. Shedden (North Wales) - See all my reviews
OK whilst a couple of shoe laces will do the trick these fit perfectly through the breathing holes and lock in place and have an (all be it a very simple design) adjustable neck strap. They're clearly making a huge profit for something so simple BUT it does the job very well - would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have to prevent losing your Barmah hat in windy weather, 10 Mar 2014
Does exactly what it said on the box. Good quality great price. I bought this to fit my foldaway brown Barmah hat but I guess this is suitable for any hat with ready made holes for a chin strap.