4.0 out of 5 stars West Out West, Jody Style, 2 Jun 2012
Alan "carrd2" (Stafford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trails We Blaze (Audio CD)
This is a very solid album from an artist who made up one half of the unique Electronic/Techno/Prog House band Way Out West. You can still hear a splash of the old WoW sounds on this solo effort by Jody, but by and large it is a fresh perspective, mostly on the housier side. It's little wonder that Anjunadeep have taken on JW; those of you who enjoy the Anjunadeep offerings will probably like this album, particularly if you're into the more progressive side of things. It's quite simple; nothing too explosive or edgy, but it is very listenable and contains some very groovy basslines in places. Plenty of interesting sounds are used without creeping into the dodgy electro style stuff that's been more prominent on the latest Anjuna compilation releases. A few of the tracks contain vocals, which add to the quality of them rather than kill them off.
Maybe, if you like each track to be vastly different to the previous one, you may be disappointed, but in my opinion it's good to see an artist sticking to their style and being proud to release it into the public domain. This is just decent music which is easy to listen to and can be appropriate in many situations. A cool beer on a hot summer day is what springs to my mind.
Worth a purchase to expand your housier collection - Just One More is my personal favourite.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely done, 7 Aug 2012
This review is from: Trails We Blaze (Audio CD)
This is a very good album which shows exactly why Jody Wisternoff has been at the top all these years. I imagine it has been in the making a very long time given that it's the only album JW produced by himself - and its solid. One of the very few house/electro albums I can listen to from the beginning to an end without having to skip a track. If you love your house this is a must have. Buy it, put it in your stereo and go for a drive - trust me you won't be disappointed.

Trails We Blaze
Trails We Blaze by Jody Wisternoff (Audio CD - 2012)