5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon D3200, Nikon's best value camera yet.
I've used Nikon cameras since the Nikon F back in the 60s. I used Nikon cameras as a professional photographer right up to the F4S when I retired. I sold all my film stuff and bought a D70 and soon changed to a D90 which I used up to yesterday.

Then the D3200 arrived and, for the price, it is awesome. You can cut a small piece out of the centre of a photo...
Published on 4 Aug 2012 by Mr. Robert W. Rosamond

3.0 out of 5 stars Back focus issue requires Nikon re-calibration.
Written: 04-06-2014

I bought this camera back in September 2013 and initially was impressed by the apparent quality of the images. However when enlarged in a picture editor the results were consistently soft focus. I thought this might be caused by the supplied stock 18-55mm lens inability to resolve the full detail of the 24.2MP sensor.

I compared...
Published 11 months ago by ZeroZero

‹ Previous | 14 5 637 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fab, 16 Jun 2014
This camera was chosen after a great deal of research. I had a limited budget so I couldn't get the latest model. I checked out all the revues as I was unfamiliar with Nikon cameras. I previously had a Fuji S2 which used nikon fit lenses but as it was starting to be unreliable I decided to look for a Nikon camera so that I could still use my nikon fit lenses. I was impressed from the start with the way the menus were organised. I believe in reading the manual first but it wasn't all that complicated to get started taking pictures. I bought a Lexar 8gb card and set the camera to jpeg fine which I always do and that gives me over 500 shots. I download all my pictures every time I use my camera so 500 is plenty for me. I also bought a battery grip which makes it a lot easier for me to handle the camera as I have big hands. I'm delighted with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love It!, 1 Jun 2014
I'm not technically minded - the simpler the better for me. Having said that, for some reason I'm not afraid to be more adventurous with this beauty and I am working thru all the possibilities with the manual. OK, so I'm a novice at all this but that surely tells you one thing and that is that this great little number is not daunting to use. It is simply fabulous, the picture quality is great and it just Delivers, yes, with a capital 'D'. Good to hold, comfortable in my hands and lightweight. A "Yes, Yes" for the Nikon D3200.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, excellent camera, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit - Black (24.2MP) 3 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
My first decent quality camera, I read loads of reviews all saying pretty much the same thing. Only one person said it was no good so I thought he was either the best photograph in the world with really expensive cameras or he couldn't read the instructions.
If you are new to anything more than a compact theres a fair bit to it if you want to get technical but it does the simple stuff well.
Great quality pictures

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, great price, 18 May 2014
Jack Brewis (Newcastle) - See all my reviews
This camera can really blow the competition out of the water. The 24.2MP really does help this camera stand out from the crowd. The quality of image that you can take with this camera is remarkable. When I took my first few pictures with this camera I was astonished.

Another great feature of this camera is the 18-55mm VR II Lens Kit. Most people discount kit lenses however this is really good quality. The lens doesn't let down the side at all and I have found that this lens is better than some of the lenses that I have paid for separately. It is especially a good idea to get the VR II Lens because it is actually cheaper even though it is better.

The retractable feature of this lens is also very useful if you don't have much space available to you and all it take is the press of a button to get it back to full size and full working order.

The only let down of this camera is it's performance at high ISO's. This does hinder the camera in low light situations by giving the picture a lot of noise, however I don't use the camera in low light situations very often so it isn't really a problem for me however if you were to mainly be using it in low light situations then it may not be the best camera for you.

The D3200 is a lot cheaper than the D3300 which is the new version of this camera and to be honest there is not much change for the increase in price, therefore if you are on a budget this is a much better choice.

All in all this is a great camera for the price. These days you can easy spend over 1000 on a decent camera however now there is no need with the D3200 on the market. Nikon have done a really great job with this camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Hashtag amazeballs., 9 May 2014
Alan Wild (Blackpool, England) - See all my reviews
Quality of the photos is simply faultless in this camera. Full HD, professional looking 24.2MP - no over exaggeration by Nikon here! The built in flash is very high quality too meaning that an extra flash isn't necessary.

Video recording wise it is a tad grainy in low light environments however the quality is there. The built in microphone captures good quality sound inside upto about 6 feet away I've found. If you're speaking quietly it's about 3/4 feet. So if it is a backup video camera and primarily a photography camera (as it is with me) it is perfect. Very fair price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for beginners like me, 28 April 2014
Always wanted an SLR, but wanted to buy a 'beginner's kit' rather than shell out masses for something too complicated to use as an amateur. This is ideal and even has a built in guide. Feels like a good proper camera and is also nice and light. Has more than enough features so will keep me in good stead for some time before I need to upgrade.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic entry level camera!, 25 April 2014
Ken Smith "Ken" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
If you are getting in to digital photography, THIS is the camera to do so with. With is 24.2 MegaPixels and software included with the camera, you can get amazing photographs even if by accident. Consider buying this item along with a NIKON D3200 user manual to get the most out of your new camera! Battery lasts very well also!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 11 April 2014
M. V. Jones (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my daughter for her 16th birthday and she is absolutely delighted with it. It does everything she wanted and finds it easy to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 April 2014
What a great camera for mt amateur here. Easy to set up, easy to use and some fantastic pics have now been taken

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic camera, 6 April 2014
I bought this after much research, and found it to be exceptional. Excellent image quality, build quality, and at a good price from Amazon. Take your time to learn what it can do, and READ THE MANUAL to get the best from it. And look out for Amazon doing a special offer like I did and you will get a bargin.

‹ Previous | 14 5 637 | Next ›