5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly great purchase.
I picked this up purely because it rated as high or higher than the Nikon 24-70 in terms of Image Quality, plus it has anti-shake in the lens which the Nikon does not. The fact it's cheaper also helps but it wasn't the deciding factor for me although it is currently significantly cheaper.

I'm usually a brand snob and stick to Nikon lens for safety but this...
Published 14 months ago by Shabba

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's my 5 year warranty
The product itself is fine, but the problem is the warranty. I applied for the 5 year warranty 5 months ago and have not received it after many emails to tamron. The said there was an issue with the lens serial number. Customer relations with tamron seems to be notoriously poor according to reviews and I first hand experience of that.
Published 2 months ago by Dermot O'Mahony

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly great purchase., 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 VC USD Lens for Nikon (Accessory)

I'm usually a brand snob and stick to Nikon lens for safety but this purchase has been stellar. Image Quality is every bit as good as they say, easily good enough for Pro work.

I use this mainly as a handheld lens which is why the anti-shake was important and it works perfectly. The only downside is it's heavy - as you'd expect for a full-fat lens. It's marginally lighter than the Nikon 24-70 but not by much.

If given the choice to swap for the Nikon for free, I'd stick with the Tamron - something I'd never have said a decade back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - as good as the Nikon 24-70 but with VR too!, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 VC USD Lens for Nikon (Accessory)
I suppose like everyone I'd prefer to have got the Nikon 24-70 but with all the reviews saying this lens beats or is as good as anything from Nikon, and even Canon and Sony if you shoot other brands, it was worth giving it a go.

The lens has exceeded my expectations - it's razor sharp wide open, so you can shoot f/2.8 comfortably. The VC system is a revelation in this sort of lens - the stabilisation is very quiet and locks almost instantly. VC actually seems better than the VR I've used in certain Nikon lenses. Focusing is silent, thanks to the USD motor.

This is a Professional standard lens, and is therefore big and heavy as are all f/2.8 lenses, and the 82mm filter size is 5mm bigger than the usual 77mm for this sort of lens.

I'd recommend this - it may not say 'Nikon' on the lens barrel, but this is as good as the genuine Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 and also has a vibration reduction system too - better than expected and an essentially companion for my D600.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money!, 9 Mar 2014
L. Goodey (Cambridge,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 VC USD Lens for Nikon (Accessory)
I bought this for my Nikon D800 after reading lots of reviews on this lens. First impressions straight out of the box were very good, it looks well made, feels nice and has Vibration Control which the very expensive Nikon equivalent doesn't.
I soon put it onto my camera and took a few shots around the house to see how it performed and I'm pleased to say it is excellent.
Some reviews I have read complain about it's weight but you need to remember this is a huge chunk of glass and in fact it is slightly lighter than the Nikon 24-70 and it feels well balanced on the D800.
Others complain about the VC shaking the viewfinder but this is a normal part of the mechanism and in no way affects the sharpness of the image ([...])
If you get the impression I am pleased you'd be dead right this lens is amazing value for the quality images it produces and is nearly 500 cheaper than the Nikon lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, 5 April 2013
Val (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 VC USD Lens for Nikon (Accessory)
I picked this for my D800 and since it had VC and the Nikon alternative didn't i decided to go for this one. also it is roughly 1/3 cheaper as well. So far it has been working well. It is very nice good quality, fast and very responsive. Only few things that one needs to consider before buying this. It is bloody heavy. It might not be a much of a issue when you have a monopod but if you are shooting handheld for 2-3 hours in a row it could be quite annoying. Second thing is that it takes 82mm filters so be prepared to pay more for your filters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save the money for kids college!, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 VC USD Lens for Nikon (Accessory)
This lens hasn't left the camera since it arrived! The extra money you would spend on the Nikon lens - the one without VR - will still be in your pocket while the lens with image stabilization will be spending most of the time on the front of your camera earning you even more money! The sharpness and the image stabilization surpassed my expectations as a wedding and portrait photographer. I was a bit hesitant when ordering this lens turns out I was worried for nothing! The lens has a 5 year warranty at the time I bought mine. If you need specs someone else surely has published them so for me this review was only ever goofing to be real world and how this lens functioned. I've got shots at 3200 1/50 f5 that are totally printable and will not be missing any more because I'm trying to get to f2 and 1\80 @ 1200 ISO - real world made real easy by this lens!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pro lens, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 VC USD Lens for Nikon (Accessory)
I think this is a great all round pro lens and a great alternative to the Nikon 24-70mm

Okay the zoom is not as smooth and the auto focus a tad slower than the Nikon. What more than compensates for this is the ability to get shots in low light with no camera shake and no need for flash... Nikon could not do the same due to having no VR on its lens.

I think the shorter length of the lens balances better on the lighter Nikon cameras (i.e.D7100) and looks better too.

I can't get to sleep... just thinking of more great shots I could take with this lens! (sad I know)

The VC is better than the VR on Nikons too.

Buy this lens and enjoy... it has the X factor ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars BLOWS YOUR MIND.........., 22 Aug 2014
Ok The Review.
I must say form the off that I'm just blew away with the clarity of this lens. The VC is just incredible. The zoom ring is just a perfect stiffness for me for because when you have it on a shoulder strap and it hits your waist "it doesn't move" even though there's a lock button on the barrel. The focus ring is slightly smaller than I would have liked but I got used to that in 30 minutes. I need a 3rd lens just to be always connected to the camera to cover a good focal range and I'm SO glad I picked this after watching some YouTube reviews. Only die-hard Canon & Nikon lens fans will have some niggle to say about it imo. At almost half the price as the big boys, I have to give this lens the thumbs up.
I was extra lucky as well as I got a free Tamrac Evolution 8 Backpack which arrived the following week worth 125 "Sweetnesssss" as I also needed a new bag as well. "Killed two birds with one stone there". By the time you read this, The promotion will be over though.
If your unsure about the lens? just search YouTube for reviews and you will soon see why so many like this lens.
Last words "But It And Enjoy It"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mid-range zoom lens for Nikon!, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 VC USD Lens for Nikon (Accessory)
I bought this lens to use with my Nikon D800. I have used Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 before and was not happy with the performance, and also missed the VR on the lens. This lens is of the newer series of Tamron lenses, so I thought I should give it a try.

The lens is tack sharp, and has very good micro contrast. It really helps high resolution sensors like the one in D800 to perform at their best. Shortly after purchasing this lens, I changed from D800 to D800E. The resolution is even better now, and the sharpness improved also. The rendering and the bokeh is quite good too.

The lens also has Tamron's excellent VC, which is pretty good at stabilizing minor movements. I can easily take photos at 1/10th and have many keepers. This is specially useful when taking photo of a waterfall and not have a tripod nearby.

All in all, a great lens. Highly recommended, just remember to buy a 82mm filter which can be a bit expensive.

Here are some samples of the lens and D800E combo:

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb lens!, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 VC USD Lens for Nikon (Accessory)
I am well pleased with this not so little beauty. It's a pretty heavy beast but not, I'm told, as heavy as the Nikon version which doesn't have the amazing Vibration Control. There's no need for me to go on about how sharp it is, enough reviewers have already vouched for that!

I checked the auto focus with Tim Jackson's very simple focusing chart, ([...]), and found it was front focusing slightly but 5 + increments, on my D610 soon cured that. It does vignette noticeably at 2.8 but it's no biggy for me. It certainly doesn't matter a great deal as Studio portraits is what it will mainly be used for.

When I went online to Tamron to register this lens I met with a problem. The serial number was rejected by the registering software. Shades of grey import?

I phoned Tamron sales directly and spoke to a very friendly and helpful guy named Jim Mavor. He emailed a form to me to fill in with the Amazon receipt and two weeks later I got confirmation that my new toy was now duly registered!

Nice one Tamron!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC LENS!!! AMAZING PRICE!!!, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 VC USD Lens for Nikon (Accessory)
I was looking for a lens that I could keep and use on a full frame camera when I upgrade from my APS-C Nikon. This lens is shoulder to shoulder with much more expensive pro lenses. I have kept it on my Nikon D7100 since I bought it. After a long and in depth look at lens reviews I found this lens to have all of the attributes I was looking for in this zoom range. I never thought I would favour a third party lens over the Nikon lenses but sometimes a real gem of a lens does come along and this is one of them.

I was becoming frustrated at the amount of soft images I was getting with my good budget lenses and the Tamron 24-70 really delivers in that department...pin sharp right to the edges on almost all apertures and still sharp at the edges from the widest aperture (f/2.8) Chromatic aberrations were also a problem on the cheaper lenses and this looks well controlled with the Tamron. I have yet to take any architecture or other photographs that would show distortion and all I can say is I haven't noticed any major issues with landscapes or portraits. And don't forget the brilliant bonus of Image stabilisation on this lens making it more usable in lower light, hand held photography. (not available for Sharp Cameras due to the inbuilt stabilisation on the camera so it is not needed.

All in all I would recommend this lens to both enthusiast and pro photographers, it is well worth the price...I am very very happy with it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›