4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Good
I was looking for a pair of headphones I could use indoors (e.g. watching movies, listening to Spotify/iTunes) and I found these ones. When I tried them for the first time, I was very surprised by how good they were.

Published 8 months ago by DBX

3.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for
Decent sound but flimsy design. Not likely that it would withstand a lot of travel and doesn't fold down. Fine product for the price, but shouldn't expect anything amazing.
Published 5 months ago by Melissa

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Good, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Philips SHL3000/00 Casque arceau Noir (Electronics)

The sound is very clear, especially the bass, which is a plus.. and you can listen well to pretty much any kind of music. I tried listening to some Rage Against the Machine, Tool and Red Hot Chili Peppers, and although they sounded different compared to other standard headphones I previously owned (mainly because of the enhanced bass sound) they still sounded good.

I was very happy to find out that these were great when listening to hip hop. I listened to a couple of songs by Kendrick Lamar, and I was overjoyed when I was able to hear the instrumentals and the beats with clarity... for hip hop music lovers who don't have enough money for an expensive headphone and pay a lot of attention to beats and instrumentals, this is fantastic!

A few cons: I don't suggest using these while traveling, as they seem quite fragile. I don't suggest putting them in a bag, because they might break. Another con is that you can't fold them, hence they are not very practical (I use them only at home, so this doesn't really affect me). Also, the lack of a cushion on the headband might be an issue for some people.

Overall, these deserve a 4 out of 5, as I was genuinely surprised by the audio quality of these headphones. For this price and brand, these might be the best headphones you can find!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, decent sound quality, 26 Dec 2012
These are exceptionally comfortable to wear. I can wear them for ages without my ears getting feeling squashed, and they don't irritate my ear piercings.
The sound quality is good but nothing particularly amazing - as good as you would expect from the price.
I'd recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, 27 April 2013
Nancy Fooks (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
Got them to use with my kindle fire hd to listen to iPlayer. So comfy and great quality. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool headphones!, 9 Nov 2013
i really love these headphones! Rhey're a vibrant and cool colour with well padded earpieces! they are very highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 7 Jan 2014
Casper (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
The headphones are comfortable and a good sound quality. Great colour too of course. The only slight drawback is the length of the cable, it is very short. I did read the description but it is very hard to envisage until you actually receive them.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 25 Mar 2013
Very good headphones, the sound is just perfect and so the insulation, amazing! There are only two things that I would like to be better: longer wire and smaller headbend. I'm satisfied with this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing less than fantastic as always., 12 Jan 2014
S. Nemeth "Simon N" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips SHL3000/00 Casque arceau Noir (Electronics)
I bought these from Currys a good few months ago and I have nothing bad to say about them. These headphones are extremely comfortable out of the box but they become even more comfortable after you've broken them in and they've stretched. As for the sound, for 15 the sound is excellent but you have to bear in mind that they are a 15 pair of headphones. The cable is a little on the short side but it is of good quality and won't conk at the first sign of movement as with some headphones on the market. They do sometimes squeak a little on the pivots but I don't consider that a problem. Over all build quality is good and the plastic is thick and rigid so they can take some hammer and they wont fall to pieces.

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Philips SHL3000/00 Casque arceau Noir (Electronics)
Great affordable headphones. I recommend them for anyone who wants good quality sound at an affordable price.
Good build quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great earphones, 27 July 2014
My previous earphones were always slipping off and sound volume varied. I kept losing my rhythm when exercising. Bought these Phillips ones and bliss - they stay in place and never need adjusting...perfect. Although stated as a red, they are really more orange, so a little bright fir my taste, but a very small price to pay for all the other pluses.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for the price, but big niggles stop this being 5*, 7 July 2014
Amazon Customer (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
I blush to admit I bought these from Tesco, rather than Amazon, but exactly the same model.

The sound quality is superb for the price. I'm now noticing edit glitches I'd never spotted before, in tracks I know by heart. I'm not comparing these to 400 monitor cans, so the star rating's based on the value for price.

However, three niggles prevent these being five-star:

1. The cord, at only 1.2m, is too short. These are sold as DJ headphones, but that cord length won't stretch from my deck to my head, and I'm not the tallest individual known to mankind;
2. With the headband adjusted to my head, the headset is uncomfortably tight;
3. Which headphone's left, and which right? There's three dots on one side, but no explanation anywhere, and no written clues on the headphones or packaging.

Philips SHL3000/00 Casque  arceau Noir