5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought one sooner
Have converted a lot of my music from wma to Mp3 and transferred it on to this device. I had a new digital radio installed in my car last year and decided to use the USB connection. Love the fact I can listen to all my music without having to change a CD all the time. Great little buy - haven't even used all the space on it so plenty of room for more!
Published 6 months ago by Marge Wright

2.0 out of 5 stars Painfully slow
Got this to replace my sandisk 16GB Micro USB. The difference between the two is night and day. While the sandisk one isn't lightening fast when writing files to it, it is still miles ahead of this Kingston device. My tests between the two were carried out on the same PC.

Very disappointed in it and will be replacing it soon.
Published 9 months ago by Dr Phibes

2.0 out of 5 stars Painfully slow, 22 Mar 2014
Dr Phibes "Dr Phibes" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

Very disappointed in it and will be replacing it soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Convenient size inconvenient write speed, 26 Dec 2012
K. Bailey (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
3.44 MB/s is the best write speed I could get out of this drive. I bought it to put videos on and keep in my DVD player but when it takes 15 min to transfer 1 movie it makes it a bit of a mission to fill up the drive. It wouldn't be be a problem if using it to store smaller files but I would not recommend this drive for video media.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not working on my vehicle's audio system, 4 April 2014
Unfortunately when I plug the device on my Kia Rio 2012 USB slot it shows "Reading" for a second then shows "Reading error" and that's it.
If I pull the device out a few millimetres it does sometimes read. I have made sure the formatting and mp3 files contained comply with the car's specifications. However it works on my Windows laptop.

Kingston technical services has suggested to return it to the supplier as it complies with the manufacturer specifications for computers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow., 14 Mar 2014
R. Palmer "Robert" (East Sussex) - See all my reviews
Brilliantly small, but very very very slow considering the size (64GB) if your going to use it to store photos or music then I wouldn't bother. But if your just using it for small document then it would be fine.
Don't go thinking oh I have 8GB of RAM it'll be fine....... Cause that's what I did

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, but a bit flimsy, 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: Kingston Technology 16GB DataTraveler Micro USB Flash Drive (Personal Computers)
Bought two of these for storing and playing back music. 16Gb in a tiny package - pretty amazing - I wanted the small package so that it would be inconspicuous in the car (on a new USB stereo). It works exactly as you would anticipate - no issues at all. However, both units seem pretty flimsy to me. When I extract the stick from a USB slot, the black plastic casing moves relative to the metal insert. I am able to press it back into place and it has not detached completely (so far!), but I am left wondering how long it will last before it does come apart.

So far it is working fine - just a bit concerned it may not last due to poor build quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend this product, 17 April 2014
Brought this product as i have usually found Kingston USB products to be ok. Arrived on time and that was the only positive thing I can say about this product really. After a couple of times plugging in and out of USB ports , and it doesn't fit very well, very tight to plug in, the thing started to come apart. It's basically a poor fit into USB ports. Do not waste your time buying this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pathetically slow, 23 April 2014
S. Lane (UK) - See all my reviews
Do not buy. Looks nice and compact but its horribly painfully slow to write to (less than 1Mb/sec it would take at least 8 hours to fill it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought one sooner, 11 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job., 21 Jun 2014
I use this for booting multiple Linux distros. I chose this one over others because it's small and doesn't protrude out of my laptop. The reviews on other small USB's stated that they couldn't be used as a boot device, this worried me as i was nervous that this one couldn't. It can.

I don't use it for storing, and transferring media so i can't really comment on its speed. However, it's quick enough for me to not experience any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says it is and versitile, 5 Sep 2014
Exactly what it says it is and delivered promptly. I have two of these now; they work faultlessly and with perfectly acceptable read and write times. One device is plugged into a network router and acts as a NAS device for music files, the other does a similar job slotted into the front of a Sony in-car stereo.