5.0 out of 5 stars Prince charming review, 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Prince Charming Must Die! (The Grimm Chronicles Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book I'm only 12 but it was amazing I would aim this book from children aged 11-18 I really recommend you read this you will love it I guarantee it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly crafted, 1 Mar. 2013
I really enjoyed this book. The stories center around the fairy tales written by the Brothers Grimm. The idea is, the brothers imbued their parchment with a mixture of white and black magick. As a result, any characters they wrote about on the imbued parchment would magically appear in our world, from theirs. The longer the characters spend in our world, the corrupt and evil they become. They're referred to as the Corrupted. Throughout the years that this has been ocurring there have been heroes. It is the hero's job to end or kill the characters and rid our world of their evil ways.

I've really enjoyed reading this book and have moved straight onto the next one. I look forward to reading the rest.

Review by Sarah of [...] & [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start to a promising series, 5 Jan. 2013
Kat (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
Prince Charming Must Die is a short book, but it packs a lot of action and character development into 91 pages. I love fairy-tales, and as an added bonus this book also includes some classic fairy-tales which I particularly enjoyed.

Alice is a strong, likeable main character, smart, savvy and sensible shes also has a wickedly sarcastic sense of humour which I particularly enjoyed.

The writing is clear and to the point, without over-simplifying the story, and I hold a particular fondness for the talking rabbit (I want one of my own!). The plot is simple - Alice finds out that she is the hero, chosen to save the world from the Corrupted and armed with only a pen (albeit a magical pen), she finds herself thrust into a strange world that is a cross between reality and fairy-tale with a boyfriend who just seems a little too perfect to be true.

Prince Charming Must Die is the first part of a series focusing on different fairy-tales and I'm really looking forward to the next installment, and seeing Alice develop along the way!

My one and only very minor disappointment was a slightly rushed feeling in one of the key scenes toward the end of the story - I can't tell you what it was without a spoiler, but a little more development would have made this a 5-star read!