Format: DVD|Change

on 30 June 2012
Well at the time of writing this I have only seen a couple of episodes but I am definitely liking this show. Having not watched "The Thick of It" I can't compare the shows but i did laugh at the situations and the way the characters behaved with one another. I also was partially shocked by the amount of foul language but I did find it funny rather than inappropriate. Definitely a show I would buy on DVD and watch again. The cast are very good, Julia Louis-Dreyfus is a brilliant actress. While not a fan of Seinfeld, I have seen her in various other things and always thought she was great. I love the fact that "Buster" from "Arrested Development (fantastic show) is also amongst the cast, as is "My Girl" herself, Anna Chulmsky (sp?)
I hear the show has already been picked up for a second season so I hope this has a decent run.
on 19 September 2014
Clever, funny and rather rude. Excellent entertainment!
on 10 April 2016
Like the redo of the office for the American market, this is the equivalent for the Thick of It. That said there are no recycled jokes: this is originally funny. How lannucci came up with the imaginary dog... We may never know.
on 24 January 2016
this never seemed like something I would want to watch but I rented this anyway because my fave columnist said it was hilarious... but after 30 mins I hadn't even smiled... so, I guess the jokes were just going over my head.
on 24 March 2014
original award winning comedy, excellent characters, laugh out loud hysterical, exceptional writing/improv. Best comedy series on TV, Julia is outstanding.
on 7 September 2014
Superb entertainment, ten out of ten for comedy.
on 4 August 2013
This is hilarious, if you liked 'In the thick of it" this is even funnier, I would highly recommend it
on 6 July 2013
It's much softer than the British original, and the film, there is no Malcolm or Jamie figure (no scots at all). It's still funny, but with some charters that are likeable. If you found the Thick of it too be a little too much then this is for you. If you want more of Malcolm, I'm sorry. This is very nearly as good as the very best of the thick of it, some episodes are funnier!
on 27 June 2015
Slightly rocky feel to the start of this new series that is probably more down to the writing than Julia's evolution of her new role, but enough promise to reward a second viewing.
on 17 January 2014
Yes! Any woman who has ever worked in an office/had almost any kind of career will appreciate the truth of this, while laughing out loud - not something all comedies can make you do. The scene where she gets her male PA to go and buy pregnancy tests, which he does with his ID tag still on, is priceless. But it's all good. Grab with both hands, settle in for the night, and be grateful you don't work in politics.