5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new
Published 21 months ago by A human

1.0 out of 5 stars Great for learning lists
Not for improving memory or learning things in general, nothing new.

I wouldn't waste your time or money on this book.
Published 5 months ago by Mr. D. Carran

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Memory Palace - Learn Anything and Everything (Starting With Shakespeare and Dickens) (Faking Smart Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This isn't a groundbreaking new discovery - in fact this memory system has been around for centuries - but it packages the idea well and yes, I can now recite the plays of Shakespeare and the complete novels of Dickens in order. However as somebody who doesn't produce the most vivid visualisations, I can't say how long this knowledge will hold. If I practised daily of course it would definitely hold, so a 5* review from me. Quite a funny book too. But it is short, thus the cheap price.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 25 Jan 2013
I read this book with some scepticism as I can usually memorise lists fairly quickly and easily, but I found that the important improvement that this book gave me was that I could remember the lists for longer and I could remember more things in a single list. The only drawback to this technique which is not mentioned in the book, is the need to have a clear view in your mind of the 'way points' of your 'journey' otherwise the images you imagine can end up in the wrong order or if you have several images at the same way point then its easy to miss out one element when you recite the list. I also liked the suggested lists for memorization at the end of the book - a very handy list of things to remember.

4.0 out of 5 stars US Presidents AAAARRGGHHHH !!, 9 Feb 2013
N. Phillips - See all my reviews
I was very impressed with this short book. In no time at all I managed to memorise the works of Shakespeare and the works of Dickens.
The problem for me was that I decided to follow the authors suggestions and memorise the list of US Presidents. After I decided to impress/bore my friends with my newfound genius, it was pointed out to me that the author has omitted two presidents from the list, namely James K Polk and Zachary Taylor. I now have to reconstruct my memory palace to accommodate these two !

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 2 Jan 2013
Shakespeare's plays have now been learnt. Dickens novels now memorised. Just wish I could remember where I left my keys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, but short., 8 Sep 2013
I love this book. After reading 'Moonwalking with Einstein' I decided to venture forth into the realms of remembering.

I found this book by checking out the related section of the Kindle app, it suggested this, so I downloaded a sample.
After reading all that I could, I immediately purchased it.

The book teaches you simply how to remember the works of Shakespeare and Charles Dickens' book names. In order, forwards and backwards.

It does this step by step, and is very easy to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 27 Dec 2012
Surprisingly brilliant!! As I was reading through the story thinking I will never remember all 37 plays I was shocked to realise that when I went back through the story in my head the images that I created help me remember the plays all 37, and now I have the technique to learn and remember what I want

4.0 out of 5 stars Very simple but effective guide, 10 Dec 2012
I got into Memory Palaces after reading Derren Brown's 'Tricks of the Mind', which is excellent and I recommend highly. This was fairly workmanlike, but, for the price, was a decent introduction into the memory palace technique. It works. Plain & simple

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice intro to memory techniques, 9 Jun 2012
M. Jaques (Wakefield) - See all my reviews
This is a great introduction to the "Journey" memory method. Within 30 minutes I'd learnt the 37 plays of Shakespeare. The next day I spent another 30 minutes learning the 20 novels of Charles Dickens. I can now recite these in order. The book is short, and doesn't explain the process. However, it gave me the confidence to research the subject further. If you like this then definitely buy Ed Cooke's "Remember, Remember: Learn the Stuff You Thought You Never Could".

1.0 out of 5 stars Great for learning lists, 26 July 2014
Mr. D. Carran "I Shot The Deputy!" (Southport, Lancs, UK) - See all my reviews
Not for improving memory or learning things in general, nothing new.

I wouldn't waste your time or money on this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful technique but not new, 26 Feb 2013
G. Carson "Gerry Carson" (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I have seen this technique before, so nothing new, but the example presented is quite good and it works! I only read this once a few weeks ago and I can still remember Shakespeare's plays!