5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT
I am a bit OCD about irons and have tried and tested about 10 or so in the past couple of years. None was quite the correct balance of glide and correct level of steam. I happened on this by chance as when staying at my son's I used his to iron a shirt.
Published 15 months ago by PDD

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good in the long term
Published 20 months ago by Raziel

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 17 Nov. 2013
I was amazed at how easy it was using his iron compared to mine. It glided over the fabric, delivering just the correct amount of steam. Whilst not an actual pleasure, it is ironing after all, it certainly made the job much easier and the result was first class.
On returning home I ordered the same iron and have in no way been disappointed by its performance. It really is a joy to use and makes ironing much less of a boring chore. I find it much quicker and easier to press a shirt with this iron than with any of my previous ones. Amazingly it seems to use less water than my previous irons but produces more steam???? No idea why but I do not have to top up the reservoir nearly as often as before.
Cannot fault this product. Excellent value and well worth the very competitive price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steam iron, 8 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Morphy Richards Turbosteam 40699 Steam Iron Diamond Soleplate, Plum (Kitchen & Home)
A light easy to use steam iron with a large water capacity it glides over the material. One of the best we've had, and at a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richardss Turbosteam Iron Diamond Soleplate Iron, 16 Nov. 2012
I am very pleased with this excellent Product and would recommend it to anyone. Because of the soleplate, nothing sticks to the Iron which is very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Sept. 2012
Does exactly what it says on the tin really. Can't fault it and I used it straight out of the box!

Would recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Iron., 17 Sept. 2013
Fireball 61 (Moray, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is a very nice and easy to use Iron. Its colourful, very light & gives good steam. Beware though it has a small lead, so an extension lead may need to be used, no hassles that is it?

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth iron, 1 Jan. 2013
Bought this to replace a previous 5-year-old MR Turbosteam where the base was stainless steel but had developed scale. This version has the Diamond Soleplate - not sure what the material is covering it, but it makes for the smoothest iron experience I have had. Mainly ironing shirts, the tip of the iron is thinner than the previous MR meaning I can get more of the soleplate surface into those hard to reach places such as between shirt buttons. I tend to iron as and when so the 400ml water capacity isn't a real bonus for my ironing style. It comes with a bonus plastic refill bottle for filling the iron without placing it under a tap. Other reviewers have mentioned the short cord length, this wasn't a real issue for me as I simply moved the ironing board closer to the plug socket. The cord is 74" (a little over 6ft) long. The iron heats up very quickly, recommended iron.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 7 Nov. 2012
My old iron broke and I bought this one today, as it seemed good value. It irons beautifully, very steamy, light to handle and pretty to look at. It is easy to fill, well made and it's features well thought out. It has made light work of a pile of very dry and creased ironing. Effortless! So pleased with this, woud recommend ŵithout reservation. It certainly feels like a £50 iron, and such a bargain at half price. I was going to say it makes ironing a pleasure, but then that would be ridiculous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing to ever happen to us ever., 23 Sept. 2012
Currently writing this as, after using the iron for the first time since its arrival, my boyfriend has decided to iron more shirts than is necessary, only pausing to declare "God, this is fun!".

It is absolutely mental how wonderful it now is to iron even the stubbornest creases. Shirts are like new. It's ridiculous.
Absolutely ridiculous.

I really recommend purchasing the Morphy Richards Turbosteam 40699 Steam Iron Diamond Soleplate, Plum (the fact that it's Plum does not affect the way it performs, but it certainly makes it a delight to look upon). It's the best iron we've ever owned and it's really steamy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Nov. 2013
Really good iron which takes creases out of clothes effortlessly. The soleplate is the smoothest I've ever know. Highly recommended

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good in the long term, 21 Jun. 2013
Raziel (Swindon, UK) - See all my reviews
Been using this iron for quite some time. Bought it based on top reviews. Is much smaller and lighter than my old iron, making it harder to press out creases. The cable is very short which is very annoying. The sole-plate very quickly built-up a patch of burnt-on muck and has always felt slightly abrasive and not as smooth as other irons I've used. It also started to leak really badly after a very short time. I've lived with this iron long enough. It will replaced ASAP. Please avoid.