on 5 November 2015
The sizing information on the product description sucks... I measured the hand circumference 3 times with three methods and the LB gloves were still too large. On the back of the pack is a difference size chart measuring the width of the palm (as with normal gloves, from just above the thumb webbing to the outside). I'm pretty miffed that the product description does not include this, as it would have told me that SB was the correct size; and Amazon charging me £4 to return it.
This one is:
Large: 89-95mm
XL: 95-101mm
review image
on 3 November 2013
After trying numerous makes of rugby training gloves we came across these! They actually fit my seven year old perfectly! He has worn them for training and they kept his hands toasty. I would fully recommend these (I bought the 'mini' size for my seven year old).
on 5 September 2013
My son, aged 11, says the gloves fit very well and have good grip (he is a slim boy and the large Boys fit fine, although I ordered a Small, not Small Boys, but Amazon could not fulfil that order so I chose Large Boys).
on 26 January 2013
Got these for my 12 year old son - for rugby - as he gets v cold. The yellow palms are basically good grip pads - so the ball won't slip through hands. He is delighted and they fit perfectly. I chose size small. My son while tall is a slim build and they fit him just fine.
on 6 October 2013
My son loves these gloves, they have the "sticky" coating on the palm side for grip and cover the whole hand keeping his hands warm..... His friends are quite jealous!
on 19 November 2013
I bought these for my 4 & 6 yr old boys who have recently started rugby. They fit quite long on the fingers but otherwise a good size. Boys love them and wear them all the time now even when cycling.
on 11 April 2016
Bought these for Xmas for my 7 year old son for playing football. He complains about cold hands when doing weekly practice, and all his woolen or other gloves just get wet/muddy and after a few washes are trashed. Was looking for something warm, windproof, and slightly more waterproof than wool/fleece, and after much searching these seemed like they'd work. And they do!!! They keep my son's hands warm and dry during the wet and cold months at football practice, he loves them as they look great, he is the envy of his teammates (they all love them too as they look pretty cool!), and as they're designed for rugby, they work equally well with footballs for throw-ins, etc. Would definitely recommend for small people who need warm and dry hands during football practice. We'll see what they're like for rugby when he starts playing that next season!
Only issue I could flag was it was a real faff trying to work out what size to get, so found the comments people had posted really helpful in deciding that.
on 9 January 2014
Goods arrived on time and as ordered but the Gloves split at the seam after wearing only once! Now having to send back.
on 2 January 2013
These gloves are great for budding young rugby players who feel the cold. Nice and warm with plenty of grip. Delivered really quickly. As often the case though there was no size guide so it was a bit of a guess but i found these mini gloves fitted my 6yr old boy well.
on 16 March 2016
Great gloves and just what we needed to keep the boys hands warm at rugby. We found SB the right size for our 7 nearly 8 year olds and I'd imagine we will get the next season out of them too. We brought LB for our nearly 10 year old and they fit brilliantly, although he only tends to wear them in warm up as they make his hands too hot, this is great though as they also fit me so when I have forgotten my gloves I can pinch them and can vouch that they are nice and warm.