5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent

1. The price is reasonable
3. The reception is exceptional
4. The phone is sturdy and doesn't scratch easliy
5. The contact and phone menus are very good as usual

This is probably the best Curve yet and worth getting for all members of the...
Published 17 months ago by Xenophon

3.0 out of 5 stars Please be aware !!
Published 24 months ago by A. T. Taylor

1. The price is reasonable
3. The reception is exceptional
4. The phone is sturdy and doesn't scratch easliy
5. The contact and phone menus are very good as usual

This is probably the best Curve yet and worth getting for all members of the family.

4.0 out of 5 stars great so far, 25 Dec 2012
I have just received this present today from santa for christmas! So far it has been great I am actually writing this review on it! It was a bit dfficult to set up and find my way around but once I did that I now find it easy to use. Got bbm set up without too much bother and am now just enjoying browsing around it. It isn't perfect but its a great little phine and I love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars At last, RIM, you did it right!, 24 Oct 2012
Desiree (Trieste, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BlackBerry Curve 9320 Smartphone - Black (Electronics)
I used to have sort of a complicated relationship with BBs. I previously owned a Bold 9780 that I found highly disappointing considering its high price tag. When I finally got rid of it I thought I'd never ever get back. I was so wrong!
After 6 months of struggling against Android bugs on a QWERTY Samsung Galaxy I finally had to reconsider the BB as a viable option. I needed a phone for texts, chats, mails and all sorts off communications and I hate doing those things on a touchscreen. These are the kind of stuff where the BB OS still has no rivals. Despite all sorts of other flaws, namely the embarassing web browser and the number of useful apps that is close to zero, it is still the best communication OS out there.

So this time I decided to go for the cheapest model, and guess what? It rocks!
Build quality seems good, the device looks solid and the soft texture of the plastic makes it pleasant to be held in your hand. Moreover, I really like the simple, neat design of it. Despite being the entry level model, it does not look so cheap as previous Curves like i.e. the 8520.
The screen is ok, I was aware that the 240x320 resolution would not make it very sharp, the 640x480 display of my previous Bold was gorgeous in comparison to this, but at least on this device the screen is well protected by a robust plastic coating (i.e. you don't see the liquid crystal halo on the screen if you accidentally press it).
The keyboard is a pleasure to use. I largely prefer the Curve keyboard, with separated keys, over the Bold one, where the keys are softer and attached.
The Camera is ok, it is a 3.2 mpxl with LED flash, but I think it has fixed focus. To be used only if you don't have anything better at hand.
Convenience Keys on the side are handy and not too easy to press accidentally. Battery life is ok, the phone makes it to the end of a busy day. Let us say that you can expect to charge it every other day, which is much better than most nowadays phones.
The bundle that came with the phone is the standard Curve one: EU and UK USB chargers, USB cable, stereo headset, cd and a couple of leaflets.

From the software point of view, OS 7 (this phone comes with 7.1) is virtually identical to OS 6, but it has a few improvements that I appreciate, one above all the Wi-Fi hotspot feature, that I really missed on my previous BB (which had OS 6). It also comes with a DLNA server, for streaming your multimedia stuff over a local network (a feature I am not sure I will ever use, but thanks RIM for the effort). I also noticed some slight improvement in the web browser. It is still pretty clumsy, but I'd say it seems better.
Instant messaging apps are as usual very good: I mostly use Gtalk and must say that the BB client is ages better than the original Android one!
One thing I hate about this OS is the overwhelming presence of Bing web search. If you want Google, you have to add it manually, to both the web browser and the Universal Search.
The phone comes with Office To Go preinstalled for viewing (and editing, I suppose) Office documents. Have not used it so far, but in case you need to open an urgent attachment, you will be able to do it.
Apart from these remarks, OS 7 is nothing more and nothing less than its predecessors, which means: an efficient and intuitive interface designed to be operated through the optical scroll device (no need for a touchscreen, really), excellent for communications (texts, emails, IM), ok as a media player, ok for Twitter, poor for Facebook, poor for web surfing.
The annoying things are still there too: you still have to pull out the battery to reboot the device, it still takes ages to reboot and you still have to reboot it after most app updates. Shame on you RIM, this feels like Windows 98!
By the way, once you install Google Maps, Opera Mini, Dropbox and Poynt you are probably ready to get the most from this device.

At this price point I believe this model is good value for money. In my opinion, more expensive models are not worth the premium price tag. I am really satisfied with the build quality of this phone and how it is designed to make you do (most) things quickly. Blackberries have their limits however, so make sure you know what you want from it before buying one.
If what you want is an excellent communication device, then go for this one, definitely!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Blackberry yet, 27 May 2013
This review is from: BlackBerry Curve 9320 Smartphone - Black (Electronics)
As a frustrated ex-Blackberry Pearl 8120 owner (see separate review), I honestly thought I would never ever buy another one of these phones. But having owned of these now for about two months I'm about to say something I thought I never would about a Blackberry... I love it!!

Before I sing the phones' praises though, a tale of woe - originally bought one of these on Vodafone Pay As You Go, only to find that the phone would not function properly due to me living in a reception blackspot, meaning that making calls or sending texts was nigh on impossible due to a lack of signal or at worst no network coverage at all. This meant having to buy another phone - this time sim-free from Carphone Warehouse - and also having to transfer my number back to Orange as I've decided to keep my current one, but thankfully the second phone has no such problems in that Oranges' signal is a lot stronger.

So what is there to love about this phone? Mainly because texting on a qwerty-style keypad phone is a lot easier and faster with none of that predictive texting nonsense - I've tried this before on a candy-bar phone many times and failed. And when texting you can choose to finish your messages by adding a smiley, a face graphic and a nice touch too.

Access to all the main apps is fairly easy, and although BBM is a must-have amongst many Blackberry owners personally I have no need to use it as texting and calling is enough! The same is true when it comes to emails on the phone - I have a PC with which to catch up with these so again no need to bother, and also because I'm not that techno-savvy.

Battery life is a lot better also, the one thing that everybody seems to bear in mind when it comes to Blackberry phones - this appears to have been improved in that with a full charge the battery will last at least (or just under) a week. Good though this may be it could still be made that bit longer. But all in all this is the best yet from Blackberry, and a good buy if you're a social networker but have no desire to own a touchscreen phone. There is also a huge range of cases and screen protectors available to protect the phone from bumps and scratches, so one of these and the phone itself is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Smartphone for all, 2 Jan 2012
This, is the little brother of the Bold 9900; it has rather high end specs (for RIM devices)fit into a small, budget priced smartphone.

Even the new OS (BB 7) is included, personally, it runs very well and I've yet to experience any hang ups or intense slowdown.

Email works great, the browser is very speedy (over wifi at least) and can stream YT videos seamlessly. FB works great so does Twitter.

Some great apps too; weather updates, bus/train times, social feeds from multiple sources etc... It's an all in one

Lack of games, but who cares? Go buy a handheld gaming device..... :P

Music player is excellent, with the convenience key there and thankfully; if your headphones pop out of the system, the song your playing also stops- avoid public embarrassment! :P

The biggest con of the device is, of course, the battery. Which is odd because BBs usually have great battery lives. It definitely lasts a day for me and that includes internet use, 3G, Wifi, quick calls and texting...

HOWEVER, after the latest software update, the battery is 20/30% better! This is a sign of more good things to come in future updates!

Oh and of course, this is probably the best BB in terms of design, very light and fits into my hand with comfort. The screen display is colorful and bright- no eye strain whatsoever with continuous use.

The camera is 5MP with flash; a big step up from previous curve models... People may complain about the lack of HD, but for the average customer, this is completely unnecessary, the shots I took looked completely fine for casual use.
Video recorder is 480p and in 30FPS. Fine for me.

Excellent trackpad, as always.

Ahhh and the keyboard! BBM, BB Protect (Best security for a smartphone, 2 year manufacture warranaty...

DEAL! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent phone, 26 Feb 2012
Length:: 7:12 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever Mobile, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: BlackBerry Curve 9320 Smartphone - Black (Electronics)
Own a Nokia C3 which is trying to behave like a BB, I wanted to upgrade as the Nokia C3 has a mind of its own when used a Bluetooth in the Car, so, having ready many reviews I decided on the Blackberry Curve 9320. First thing it works in the car without the Hiccups the Nokia C3 developed. I love the well built and clever things about the BB9320, it's a classic little beauty and invested in a quality cover. I did read that the Key-Pad was a bit small when trying to speed up typing, but if you use the tips of your fingers, response is excellent. I use PAYG, as I really do not need the To use Internet facilities, anyway I have an iPad and LapTop for all the Internet required. So here I am 70 yrs young and still playing with Toys. I love this BB, so thanks to all the positive Commenters (I usually ignore the the negatives when they are in a minority ) for giving me the confidence to buy this Mobile.

3.0 out of 5 stars Please be aware !!, 27 Aug 2012
A. T. Taylor - See all my reviews
This review is from: BlackBerry Curve 9320 Smartphone - Black (Electronics)
Reasonably pleased with the phone ( purchased because I wanted a reasonably high spec but without a touch screen). But having set up my wi fi and all the things you do with a new phone I found I could not send pictures. With other phones this is normally just a question of putting in the correct settings. After fiddling for an age I rang my carrier (Orange)who informed me that with Blackberries THERE IS A 5 PER MONTH CHARGE TO USE THE PICTURE MESSAGE FACILITY !!! I purchased this phone to use 'pay as you go' - I do not wish to be tied to any monthly charges !!. Further enquiries confirmed that this charge is applied ONLY to Blackberries. Why is this not made clear in advertisements which prattle on about how wonderful the features are?

5.0 out of 5 stars BlackBerry Curve 9320, 11 Feb 2013
John Paton (Zambia) - See all my reviews
Great phone for the price and easy to use. I did not want a touch screen as many friends who have them on their phones find that when making a call the ear can sometimes cause something else to happen on the screen. The 3G feature is great and makes for faster browsing and I like the way I can tether the 'phone to my laptop and use it as a modem when my wi-fi connection drops. The camera is not bad but not as good as on my iPod Touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 14 Nov 2011
Free Spirit "shilo115" (North Wales, GB) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I have had my phone for a couple of days now and I love it to bits!

At first when I saw it I was worried that I would never be able to master it but its been so easy to set up and use.

I have access to email, BBM, texting and internet and the address book function is excellant enabling you to store addresses as well as emails and phone numbers.

The phone is slim and very light and the camara function is brilliant.

Very, very pleased with this phone!

BlackBerry Curve 9320 Smartphone - Black