4.0 out of 5 stars Adobe CS6 Premium, 22 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Design + Web Premium CS6 Student + Teacher (Online Validation) Mac (DVD-ROM)
I jumped from CS2, which I thought was pretty good, to CS6 which turns out to be a wholly different kettle of fish. Most people will not have endure quite such a big jump so the shock of the new will not be so great. Although the basic applications remain essentially the same a lot more 'functionality' has been bolted on. Photoshop can now animate, deal with video, and paint 3d objects with great sophistication but it still remains the premier image manipulation software now reoriented to point at digital publishing as well as print and film. Whether you are going to need all these very complex extras depends on the work you are doing. Indesign is similarly essentially the same programme that it was previously but with a digital publishing suite attached plus some improvements and bells and whistles. It is very exciting because you can produce apps, ebooks and repurpose artwork for different formats relatively easily but you can also produce the same artwork for print. I can't talk in any detail about Illustrator or Dreamweaver or Flash. It is definitely more sophisticated and, therefore, more complex than it used to be. So you might ask yourself do I really need all this complexity when all I need to do is tinker with images, or produce a newsletter, or knock up simple but good looking web sites. But if you do need the functionality that CS6 offers then it seems to me very well thought out but the penalty is that the learning curve may be quite steep.

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to work with, 25 Feb. 2013
There's no doubting that this software is used by professionals and I can see why!

I have been using older versions of creative suite for a while now but this up to date version is VERY IMPRESSIVE. No bugs, new tools, not to mention the brilliant tutorials online to help you out of your stuck. I would recommend this software to everyone - honestly I just can't fault it, it's well worth the investment.

Wow Adobe, you've impressed me.

If your stuck with the 'eligibility proof' - here's how you do it (I don't think this is made clear enough)

1) Order this from amazon and wait for it to arrive.
2) Meanwhile, head to[...] to make an Adobe ID.
3) Once the item has arrived, take a picture of your student card etc.
4) Fill out the online Student and Teacher Edition order fulfillment form where you can then upload your student card photo. You cannot do this before your item arrives as you need the codes on the box to finish the online form.
5) Wait for an email from Adobe - this will include a serial number.
6) Install from the CD and enter both the codes on the box, and the serial number from the email.
7) Enjoy! - Hope that's helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, no problems getting set up and vaildated, 14 Nov. 2012
Amazon (purchased direct from them) had advised that the delivery may have taken around 2 weeks due to awaiting stock, but within a few of days my item was dispatched and delivered. I see some people have said that getting the student software validated took a long time, but mine took less than 24hrs. I took a picture of my student id using my mac camera, filled in the form online, attached the picture and hit the send button. I got an email confirming they had received it along with a case number and the next morning I had confirmation of my serial code. Easy!

I've been using the software since and it's great. I probably wouldn't upgrade if you have CS5 but if you have an older version then I'd say it was worth it. The software doesn't come with a hard copy manual or anything, but there are so many tutorials available via Adobe or youtube that you shouldn't need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Creative Suite 6, 10 Jun. 2013
I'm thrilled with this software, it's everything I hoped it would be, and a bit more! I can highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great features, 17 Mar. 2013
W. Dunn (Hackney, London) - See all my reviews
A pleasure to use to teach web and graphic design. The new dark interfaces in Photoshop and Illistrator takes some getting used to but it's still a fantastic product.

Design + Web Premium CS6 Student + Teacher (Online Validation) Mac