4.0 out of 5 stars Vector graphics only
Illustrator is a bit of a strange program, it works with vector graphics (lines instead of pixels) but can still import raster graphics and do basic editing.
Published 19 months ago by swell

1.0 out of 5 stars Infuriating!
Published 14 months ago by Jim78

4.0 out of 5 stars Vector graphics only, 20 Dec 2012
This review is from: Adobe Illustrator CS6 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
This programs direct competition is Corel Draw. I would hazard a guess that most poeple buy this in a creative suite and have never used it. Which is a big shame, If you are into cartoon (anime) drawing or work with a tablet you will appretiate this program. It has various line tools and different blend options. however this is not a photo editor or a paint program. this program can create some excellent results but it's not always straight forward.
What this program excels at is producing vector graphics (google svg) as these can be scaled up or down with no loss of quality.
A major bad point is the price, but it's also an Adobe program so your paying for years of refinement to create a smooth and enjoyable experiance. plus the maximum working size is big enough for general use but sometimes it coud do with being a bit bigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars its all coming back to me, 27 Mar 2013
yuko - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Adobe Illustrator CS6 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
got an old version 10yrs ago. Now need to refresh myself with the new CS6. Still not finding some functions and not know exactly whats the differences CS6 does but it is amazing that after 10 yrs, still remember the command keys. It is cheaper than the high street.

5.0 out of 5 stars Draw your own conclusions, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Adobe Illustrator CS6 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
This is the finest, most versatile piece of software that I have ever bought. Far better than previous versions and if only I could use it to a tenth of its capabilities, I would be pleased!

1.0 out of 5 stars Infuriating!, 15 May 2013
This review is from: Adobe Illustrator CS6 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Heed my words: unless you are a computer boffin or you have the patience of a saint, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT buy this software. I did and after several hours spent practicing and studying online tutorials, I managed to draw a circle (and I wasn't even trying to draw a circle!!!). Honestly, I imagine guiding a space shuttle back into the earth's atmosphere would be a far less tricky and stressful process than getting to grips with this. I am now so angry I want to destroy the human race.

Adobe Illustrator CS6 (PC)
Adobe Illustrator CS6 (PC) by Adobe Systems Inc. (Windows 7 / XP)
Out of stock