I have tried Dreamweaver before. Last try was Dreamweaver MX. It was pretty awful to use, not easy to follow and after paying a lot of money for it, it ended up on the shelf unused.

How times change. I downloaded a try-out of this and also got some on line tuition. After an hour or so I was already making simple websites - well one or two page ones and with the split screen and the tuition was able to understand the code and make alterations that way. This is a big improvement since Adobe bought out Macramedia. Like all Adobe programmes you do need to take lessons, buy a book and keep at it. Its like learning a language. takes time but with practise you get better.

I am now in control of my website, what goes on o and how it looks. No more cheap downloads and poor websites for me.
on 8 August 2013
I've been using Dreamweaver for a good number of years now and finally got around to upgrading, wow, should have done this a long time ago, what a difference.

The only downside is it sometimes seems to go on a go slow, not often, just sometimes which can be a bit annoying.

Would certainly recommend though...
on 9 November 2013
Easy to use, even for a novice. Does exactly what it says on the box! Got the accompanying book, 'Classroom in a Book', which is also excellent.
on 26 December 2013
I've been a DW user for many years and decided to purchase the final version before the Cloud Platform took over with expensive monthly subs to use software.

Adds a few bits over previous version making upgrade worthwhile for me. Design view now does a much better job of laying out page within the software. Live preview button is superb, letting you see a live version again within the software.

If you can afford it buy it before stocks are gone, much cheaper than paying monthly for it.
on 19 September 2013
After many years using reasonably good 'front end' design tools for website design and delivery, I started to find that larger sites were becoming less and less stable and some sites were becoming rather 'dated' and inflexible.
Of course, there are many extremely useful resources/fora on the web that provide work-rounds and inspiration that overcome some limitations in the suite I was using. The argument that clinched CS6 was its huge range of prompts and the ways it embraces the need for fluid design coding to adapt web-sites to multiple devices (PCs/tablets/mobile). But at a price!
The price turns out to be two-fold! The first is the purchase price and the second is the learning curve for using the software. Frankly, this is not the answer for small sites or if you are an occasional user - there are many software suites out there (many free) and other solutions (on-line designing and blogging software give good results too).
But if you bite the bullet and FOLLOW THE TUTORIALS (I did the usual blokish thing of thinking "I have years of experience and enjoy hand-coding" so tried to use the software "as is" and quickly came unstuck). The online tutorials and video support are excellent and the user community is well-rehearsed in answering simple and complex issues.
Having addressed all that, the CS6 software is phenomenal and integrates many solutions that face you if you are trying to match your customers' devices to your content. I look forward to many more weeks of uncovering what 'the art of the possible' is in redesigning and revamping old sites.
In short, not for the faint-hearted but worth the ticket-price if you want a one-stop shop supported by good educational material and very helpful user-community. I steered clear of the "Creative Cloud" version of CS6 as I often work without connection to the internet and I prefer to have to pay once for software. Of course, other software/systems do work and they produce excellent results. I made the choice based on the sophistication and integration of this product.
on 18 June 2013
Nothing from Adobe is ever cheap if you are a small user ; perhaps the new annual rental scheme will be a way out for businesses like me who need to be able to access the software on an occasional basis. But like all of Adobe's stuff, this is a Rolls Royce product.
on 1 November 2013
This has worked well for our web site management, is quite complicated to start with but well worth the effort.
on 13 July 2013
I have used Dreamweaver 3 for many years to maintain my websites. I had to purchase an update because D3 will not run on Windows 7. I found CS6 unnecessarily complicated when choosing to change simple things usch as text size, colour etc. being asked to create new styles etc. whereas in the past it was very simple to do these things. Have almost reverted to just copying from old web pages nad then changing text content to save time.
i suppose in the passage of time I will learn to use the latest version more efficiently but at the moment it is a handicap.
on 18 March 2013
I give this item a four-star rating because I have the product but have yet to load it and get it running. I will be going thru the tutorial Simon Sez on Dreamweaver before CS6 is applied.