5.0 out of 5 stars Cassette to MP3
Published 14 months ago by David A

1.0 out of 5 stars Ruins tapes
Published 14 months ago by helen knipe

1.0 out of 5 stars Ruins tapes, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: USB Cassette Player and Tape-to-MP3 Converter UCP218 (Electronics)
Completely devastated as incredibly easy to use but does not play tapes correctly whilst capturing data. Using tapes we knew to be in perfect working order (and a few minutes before played faultlessly on another player) were slowed down, distorted and finally damaged by this device. Would not recommend and wish I had listened to the advice of others who said not to buy this at all

5.0 out of 5 stars Cassette to MP3, 5 Feb. 2014
I saw this on Amazon and thought about all the great cassetts lying about my bedroom not being played any more and i still liked also it was reasonably priced so i ordered it and was very pleased with the result . The instructions were easy to follow and I was soon listening to my old cassetts on my MP3 player . transferred from my computer .It worked a treat .

3.0 out of 5 stars It works,just!, 25 Mar. 2014
Cheaply made( hence the price) of wafer thin plastic,poor quality tape head and mechanics.You have to depress front cover to engage tape head to cassette.On the plus side it does playback audio cassettes. I think audiophiles would be prepared to pay over £50 for a substantially better product, but their is nothing else out there!

1.0 out of 5 stars I opted for this one as the price was low and I don't have any great confidence that ripped cassettes will provide that good qua, 27 Oct. 2014
I ordered this unit after seeing a few decent reviews and as I have boxes of cassettes that might be worth copying to mp3. I opted for this one as the price was low and I don't have any great confidence that ripped cassettes will provide that good quality sound.

Sadly, the unit didn't work. Several sets of new batteries and when "play" button depressed nothing happens. It also didn't work on usb as per the instructions.

I reported it through the Amazon system and the sellers gave me an instant refund. No quibbles. And that has to be applauded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 23 Aug. 2013
It does what it say it will do very well.
It is a great way of sorting out old tapes for the DVD/CD format

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - does just what I wanted, 5 Feb. 2014
Works well as either mobile cassette player or just for converting to mp3. Not complicated to use the included software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the price, 1 Mar. 2015
I was surprised by how well this works. I can't rate the software as I'm using an existing audio editing package. But the tape player works fine. Ignore the descriptions printed on the front ("hifi", "mega-bass" etc) which I think have just been copied off an old walkman! Also the results you get will of course be limited by the age/condition of the cassettes you're playing. Also worth investing in some tape head cleaning fluid as old cassettes tend to shed a lot of their oxide coating.

3.0 out of 5 stars The build quality is rather poor but it was very cheap, 27 Sept. 2014
The build quality is rather poor but it was very cheap. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with Windows 8.1 but that's hardly surprising, so I have to use it with an older laptop.

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad it didn't cost a lot as it would have ..., 16 Mar. 2015
Couldn't get it to work properly on Windows 7. Could listen on player but wouldn't copy to my computer. I had to get my son to look at it. He's a computer systems analyst. It wouldn't work for him from the player. He had to download another programme to make it copy to my pc. So overall doesn't do what it should. Ok for listening with earphones but not ok for copying to computer. I'm glad it didn't cost a lot as it would have come straight back! Very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little purchase, 23 Aug. 2014
Thanks to guardians of the galaxy felt the need to go old school... great little purchase.. dusting off my old tapes :)