5.0 out of 5 stars Do You Want To Publish?
Published on 19 April 2012 by M. Dowden

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for beginners
Easy to follow with concise information, I would have given 4 stars but I'm an open/libre office user and there is no specific help for these (only MS office users), and the addition of this information would very easy to add.

In every other aspect it's an excellent guide and well worth having a printed copy lying about for quick reference.
Published 1 month ago by Steve Delve

5.0 out of 5 stars Do You Want To Publish?, 19 April 2012
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Building Your Book for Kindle (Kindle Edition)
Amazon have already given us Publish on Amazon Kindle with Kindle Direct Publishing, and now they are giving us another book on the process. I personally have no plans to publish anything, so don't worry, you won't suddenly find books appearing from me everywhere you look. I downloaded the first book out of curiosity, and I downloaded this one as I emailed the link to someone else who is thinking of publishing, and I decided that I wanted to see what this was like.

There were some critical reviews for the other book, so I would just like to make something clear, like that book, this isn't a guide on how to write a book, it is a guide on publishing on the Kindle format. This book has an active table of contents so you can easily go back and forth about things that you may not be clear about. The actual guidelines in here are for Microsoft Word 2010, so if you are using an older version of Word there may be slight differences. From formatting correctly to making a cover, copyright page, etc., to putting in the actual text of the book, you are told how it is done here. This tells you how to create a table of contents, which for a novel I wouldn't really say was that necessary, but if you are publishing a collection or anthology of short stories, it is something that is very useful.

You get all this information and how you need to fill out the on-line form so that your book will appear in the correct section. After all you don't want to write a horror novel, only for it to appear in knitting patterns or some such section. Importantly this also tells you about downloading and using Kindle Previewer, which apparently gives you a chance to check your work on all the different kindle devices. Perhaps the most important section for some will be about how to update your book, or having to make alterations at a later date. For whatever reason this may be, this is something that has to be done from time to time, whether it is due to a poorly edited book, or some political book where newer information may from time to time appear.

I would advise anyone thinking of publishing on the kindle to get this book as well as Publish on Amazon Kindle with Kindle Direct Publishing to see how it is done. Good luck to those who do publish something.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dawn D, 9 Jun 2012
This review is from: Building Your Book for Kindle (Kindle Edition)
An invaluable edition to your publishing journey. Once you have written your book, the hard part begins. Reading through all the information on Amazon on how to publish can be overwhelming, but this book is a really simple guide which you can follow to the T, and publish your book efficiently, effectively and accurately. A MUST if you want to publish! I really could not have done it without this guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and thorough, 21 Jun 2012
Doc Barbara "Barbara Daniels" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Building Your Book for Kindle (Kindle Edition)
This is a useful guide if you are thinking of publishing a Kindle book of your own. It deals with: Before you write (tips for formatting); Building the front matter; Building your table of contents; Preparing a cover; Finishing your book; Uploading and checking the quality of your book: Just before publishing your book; Making changes after publishing your book. It is very helpful and a worthwhile handbook; the style is simple and encouraging.

5.0 out of 5 stars In my good books!, 15 Jun 2012
This review is from: Building Your Book for Kindle (Kindle Edition)
The opportunity to publish the work of a small writers' group is the appeal of this particular title. Being able to sell our work to Kindle users is brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful well-written booklet, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Building Your Book for Kindle (Kindle Edition)
Some elderly gentleman said this book was not designed for them. I am an elderly gentleman of 78 and found the book clear, friendly and covered all I needed to know; a few tips on handling reference lists for Kindle would be helpful but was not a problem in the end. Have had four books produced by publishers, done very well but took many months from handing in manuscript to publication and at my age you begin to doubt ever seeing the finished article. This experience has been well worthwhile, though next book will be through a publisher simply because I love books. Would not hesitate to write for Kindle publishing again if seeing the result as a book was not important.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best How To book I've read, 27 April 2012
This review is from: Building Your Book for Kindle (Kindle Edition)
Although I use Word all the time I didn't know anything about converting my book for the Kindle. Amazon recommended this one and it helped me so much! I couldn't have managed without it. It was great being able to read a step on my Kindle then do it on the PC, it was easy to move back and forth. Anyone can make their book available on the Kindle with this guide, you won't need anything else!

4.0 out of 5 stars Building your book for Kindle, 7 Aug 2012
This review is from: Building Your Book for Kindle (Kindle Edition)
I found this a very clear and easy to follow guide which demystified the process with easy to follow instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Building Your Book for Kindle, 24 July 2012
This review is from: Building Your Book for Kindle (Kindle Edition)
I found this book extremely helpful when publishing my book Collusion And Equity on Amazon for Kindle. It gives you step by step instructions that are clear and precise. I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Building your book for Kindle, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Building Your Book for Kindle (Kindle Edition)
Very easy to navigate, invaluable information. A reasonable amount of computer knowledge is needed as technology moves at a rapid pace, you may find that some of the how to part is a bit out of date again due to advancement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive guide, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: Building Your Book for Kindle (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book just out of interest after receiving a kindle for Christmas. It's a comprehensive and explicit guide requiring a little knowledge of word document editing. Clear images of word toolbars are included to guide you through.

Building Your Book for Kindle