5.0 out of 5 stars A life altering experience, to read this book!
Published on 7 Aug 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars not for me
Excellent service but book not to my liking. But thats only my opinion. These types of books have to 'touch' or 'resonate' with you in a certain way, and this one didnt touch me, is all!
Published 12 months ago by deefletch

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A life altering experience, to read this book!, 7 Aug 1999
By A Customer
Although I have heard, from probably a dozen differnet sources, "we are all mirrors of each other" and "what we dislike in another is what we have to work on in ourselves", this book was a giant AHA! and I knew that I had finally "gotten it"! Debbie Ford doesn't have to rely on psychology "jargon" - her clear and simple, unvarnished examples and directions are perfect tools to get you where you want to be in your life. If you take her words to heart, I guarantee your view of yourself will change, and you'll never look at your fellow humans in quite the same way, either. Empowerment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mirror, mirror on the wall..., 13 July 2002
By A Customer
When you are ready to take full responsibility for your life and quit blaming others for your emotional re-act-ions, and choose to stop depending on therapists and gurus to fix you, this book offers a brilliant tool. It offers to teach you to respond to your emotional reactions and discover what hidden issue the triggering event touched deep within you, and thus resolve it by bringing it to consciousness. It wraps up a lot of things you mostly find in half understood fragments in psychology and self-help literature, and is one of very few truly useful books.

5.0 out of 5 stars An invitation to be a Whole Human Being!, 9 Oct 2003
Tim Burness (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
The message here is clear. Reclaim your power and creativity by actively embracing the sides of yourself you deny or dislike. Rather than waste time and energy condemning others, look at yourself for possible faults you may be finding in those around you. In this context, being a whole person is more important than being a "good" person. Being "spiritual" means being fully human, warts and all!
Many examples are given throughout of how judging others negatively is in fact a mirror for one's own perceived negative personality traits. Positive qualities are also often projected onto others and we can reclaim these too. By accepting the whole truth about ourselves we can move forward with a greater sense of self-worth and more love to give to others.
"Do you really want inner peace?" asks Debbie Ford, "If you do its yours. Surrender. Stop fighting. Stop defending. Stop pretending. Stop denying. Stop lying to yourself". Overall this is a powerful read in the territory of the "Conversations With God" books by Neale Donald Walsch who contributes an introduction here. As with many books of this nature, the challenge is to consistently LIVE these ideas!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 9 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This covers a very important topic really well - how we project qualities on others that we deny in ourself. It uses language that makes it really understandable to the readers of today. I found myself so often being able to relate to her life. It shows so convincingly that we do need to accept and find our dark side and to stop running away from it. This is easy to say and difficult to do but she describes so many imaginative ways of doing just that. These really worked for me. Really useful brilliant book and a brilliant writer I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful book that has the potential to change ones life, 19 Feb 2002
In this easy to read book, Debbie Ford reveals her deep insight in what is called 'Shadow work', ie. accepting the dark side of yourself and seeing the gift in every aspect. Of course, she doesn't resrict the scope to just the dark side, but also remembers to emphasize the importance on accepting our light side, the actual fact that we're all glorious.
It is easy to see that Debbie Ford has been working on this for a long time. She has been learning to accept herself and aspects of being human, and therefore becoming whole. Most importantly, she has been helping others become whole too. That experience shines through in the book and allows her to give deeply luminous examples on how to put the concepts in to use.
A great self-help book. Read it. If there is any aspect of you that you don't like, read it. If there is any aspect you don't think you can own, read it. If you think there is an aspect of someone you know you cannot tolerate, read it. To not do so, you do at your own peril. You might just be passing up a change to be whole and happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real eye opener of a book, 5 May 2001
By A Customer
I have read this book many times and consider it one of the most important I have ever read. A clear practical guide to self discovery and acceptance. No jargon, no fudge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ford provides the missing link to mind/body/spirit wholeness, 15 May 1999
By A Customer
There is no doubt in my mind that this book holds the key to wholeness for those on the personal growth path. Ford explains, in simple terms, why me must recognize and embrace our dark side in order to be whole. For the first time I was finally able to understand the concept of "projections." With that understanding, I no longer have to project onto others. I can love and embrace all of me which only allows more light in. Excellent reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has completely changed the way I look at myself., 15 Oct 1998
By A Customer
The Dark Side of the Light Chasers encourages self-love and self-acceptance at the deepest level. The exercises guide you through what would otherwise be a difficult transformation. I feel as though I know myself in a way I could never imagined was possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and life altering, 19 Aug 1999
By A Customer
This book has given me the opportunity to look at my life different and start taking responsibility for me. I have found the subtle ways in which I was taking away from me and now I can start giving back and healing. This book has been the most amazing thing that I have ever done for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life,and transformed my actions, I am happier., 12 Mar 1999
By A Customer
Dark Side of the Light Chasers has changed my life. I now understand the behaviors of myself, as well as how and why I interact with others. Debbie Ford is a brilliant teacher, and the book capitvated my attention from beginnig to end. The exercises at the end of each chapter are very helpful and powerful tools. This book enhanced the overall quality of my life, and all my friends and family are seeing a better me! I also love her cassette tapes. They offer excellent and powerful guided journeys into ourselves to examine our actions and uncover our life purpose.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›