TOP 100 REVIEWERon 30 January 2013
This was supposed to have been a Christmas present for my two relatives, aged seven and four. However it never made it down their chimney courtesy of Santa for two reasons;

1. As soon as I saw it, I was overcome by a sudden urge to unleash my inner 'Animal'. Fair enough, perched upon the little stool and bashing hell out of the various surfaces I'm sure I do look a little like Alice after she scoffed that cake with 'Eat Me' written on it. Perhaps I can play drums for Gulliver in the pubs and clubs of Lilliput?

2. The girls' father threatened me with various degrees of Actual Bodily Harm if this drum kit so much as crossed his threshold. He was worried about the noise, apparently, which was surprisingly closed-minded of him. It really isn't that cacophonous. Not that I have the faintest idea what I'm doing. I am certainly no Buddy Rich. Buddy Awful, that's a bit more like it.

The kit comes with no instructions, requiring a bit of an odyssey into the depths of the worldwide web. The pedal for the bass drum (is that what it's called? The big one in the middle, that one... you see? I know nothing) required the attentions of a can of oil as the squeak that was coming from it was starting to make me sound like a one-man band. Sort of like the one Bert from Mary Poppins plays, if I can be permitted to appear in three fictional works at the same time. Additionally, the pair of cymbals on their own stand (whatever the technical term for those might be. They have their own pedal anyway) don't seem to work at all. I can press on the pedal but the cymbals don't respond. I put my foot down and they completely ignore me. I was going to do a joke about my ex-wife there but I thought better of it. I daresay the problem is in the construction of the thing and I feel sure that is my fault in some way. I was going to do another joke about her then. I'd better go before I say something I shouldn't.
on 5 July 2015
This drum kit is fantastic, nice clear instructions within box, sounds great, my 12 year old loves it, and it is the perfect size for him, ( he is of average size ) the only thing I would fault is the packaging, I don't think the skins were protected enough inside the box, would recommend.
on 6 February 2014
Good sound, feels robust, easy to assemble (used the YouTube video and got it done in 35min). Delivery was fast. My 7 year old loves it and the 3 year old has not managed to destroy it yet
on 16 December 2012
I ordered this product and it came very quickly, it was very easy to put together, with a great video on the Normans website. It is a very high quality product and as such great value for money, would totally recommend ths.
on 27 January 2013
A christmas present for my six year old son. Great value for money only taken one hour to assemble but no instructions had to watch the online video to assemble it, delivered within two days as well, impressive.
on 4 February 2015
Lovely drum bought for my 6 years old son; my 8y old son plays on it sometimes too. Easy to assemble and very good quality. Would recommend it.
on 25 August 2013
great drum kit brought for my son who come home from school and bangs away, the others all have a good go too even me! well worth it.
on 23 November 2014
Excellent drum kit!! Just like the full sized version with its detail and quality but a perfect size for my 7 year old
on 22 November 2014
grandsons birthday present, don't know who enjoys it the most grandson or grandad! Very well made.
on 27 December 2015
Opened for Xmas the clutch for the high hat missing and the legs for the bass drum missing

See one answered question