5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Here Comes The Sun (Audio CD)
Such a gorgeous album, each track shows off Louise's voice in a different way. There isn't one track I wouldn't have on the album, I was going to try and choose a favourite but I would have ended up just listing them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning, 10 May 2012
This review is from: Here Comes The Sun (Audio CD)
An absolutely beautiful and eclectic album of covers. Louise's voice is perfection and the production on this CD is fantastic. My top tracks are Squander and Uninvited, followed by Kissing You.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfection! A must have!, 10 May 2012
This review is from: Here Comes The Sun (Audio CD)
You must have this album has part of your collection! Every track is Pure perfection! Louise Dearman has the most amazing voice & vocal range & every song on this album has been covered beautifully in her own unique sound. There isn't one song on this album that you will want to skip! Can't recommend it more!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 9 May 2012
This review is from: Here Comes The Sun (Audio CD)
Louise's second solo album "Here Comes the Sun" is definitely a must have for any person who appreciates true musical talent. With gentle yet soulful vocals, Louise can sing anything from the powerful rock-ballad "Squander" originally performed by Skunk Anansie, to the sincere, heart-wrenching "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles. Each track on the album, including the Beatles' classic "Here Comes the Sun" - the title track - and Alanis Morissette's haunting "Uninvited", is delicately produced and beautifully sung. My only slight criticism is that there are simply not enough tracks, I can't get enough of it! Louise Dearman has a unique voice that can produce practically anything from pure soprano tones to rich, velvety deeper notes. She is a true gem, both in terms of musical theatre, and now in the world of popular music, which I believe she has entered most gracefully. I cannot recommend this album enough, I suggest you buy it now to discover this incredible talent for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!!!!!!, 8 May 2012
This review is from: Here Comes The Sun (Audio CD)
One of the best voices I have ever heard and songs that show it off perfectly!! A good variety and some brilliant covers. Loved every minute of it!! One of the best albums I have ever owned and one of the only ones I can listen to till the end without skipping tracks. YOU MUST BUY THIS!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinly talented, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Here Comes The Sun (Audio CD)
This album is an absolute must have if you appreciate vocal talent. Louise Dearman can hit practically any note, belting, soprano, you name it and this album has included it. The songs chosen for this album are of such a range that any one of any age can enjoy them. Im currently addicted to it, and if you take a listen you'll see why. Louise is going to go on to amazing things, so do your self a favour and familarise yourself now, this album is worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing album!, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Here Comes The Sun (Audio CD)
Louise Dearman's Here Comes The Sun album is a masterpiece. I am slightly biased, yes, as I think she is amazing..but take a listen and you'll see why.
The first song is also the title of the album - Here Comes The Sun. There are subtle changes from the original that make this song her own, Louise manages to keep all the brilliance of the song whilst adding a modern twist to get the best out of it.
Squander comes next and wow. Hearing this live it gave me goosebumps and is just a wonderus version. I love Skunk Anansie so was very intrigued to hear how Louise would sing a song that seems so different in style to usual. It gives Louise an opportunity to show off some range, power and most importantly emotion in the song. You can't help but get pulled in by really being able to feel the song when it is being sung.
Time After Time is fast becoming an all time favourite. It is gentle, powerful, emotional and beautiful all rolled into one! The duet with Steve Balsamo works really well as they complement each other's voices to bring out the best..
Gravity, wow. I have heard this live a few times now from Louise but I still wasn't prepared for hearing it on her album, it's not one to listen to in public because it makes me cry every time! Not much else needs to be said about that song!
See The Day is a song I knew but not very well. I love how this version is arranged and each note is hit perfectly to make a song I could listen to on repeat all day.
Little Bird has to be one of the best songs to get you up, dancing and ready for the day. A firm favourite of mine in the car on the way to work. I love the backing to the song too as it brings the whole song alive, a perfect song to listen to every day!
This House shows the beauty of Louise's voice amazingly well by having some amazing notes that make my heart break with the emotion in them as well as the great control she has with her voice.
Alanis Morrisette is a big favourite of mine so I was very intrigued to hear how Louise would tackle this song, I was not disappointed. The song keeps to uniqueness of Alanis whilst stripping it bare to sound as good as (if not better than) the original.
One Day I'll Fly Away is simply beautiful. It makes you stop what you are doing to be able to fully focus on listening.
Kissing You. Wow. There are no adjectives enough to describe how amazing this version is. The backing vocals add so much to the song and when I first heard the song I'll admit I did well up a bit! This to me is the song to show anyone who hasn't heard Louise before. It is beautiful, shows off pure emotion in her voice and I feel so involved in the song when I listen to it I want others to be drawn in by it too.
Overall an amazing album, great song choices, emotional, uplifting and an album I will have on repeat for a long time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing vocalist, 30 May 2014
Incredible vocals and arrangements, great choice of songs. Playing it again and again. A really lovely album to have in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 2 Jun 2012
This review is from: Here Comes The Sun (Audio CD)
This is an amazing album! I have never owned an album which I could listen to throughout over and over again without skipping any songs, besides being unable to pick out a favourite song!. The songs are covers but it didn't matter to me as I did not know virtually all of them before I bought this album, so in a way I actually found more singers from this album! Louise has a beautiful voice and can sing just about anything and turn it into her own. Definitely worth buying!!

4.0 out of 5 stars jazzhands goes pop, 9 July 2012
Mr. H "Mr H" (Embra) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Here Comes The Sun (Audio CD)
So you don't know the name, eh? Well, you do know the voice, if you've got a telly. Because Ms Dearman is the singer who gies it laldy on the confused.com adverts with her versions of 'Somebody To Love', 'Chain Reaction' and 'YMCA'. But if you're a theatre goer, then you'll know her from appearances in "Guys and Dolls", "Jekyll and Hyde", "Cats", "Grease" and "Joseph", with starring roles as Glinda in "Wicked" and Eva Peron in "Evita". And now she's got a new solo album, which sees her covering some of her favourite pop songs.

Her last album saw her grappling with some show tunes, but on this one she returns to pop, as befits someone who started life in a pop group called Ill Street. But there is no hippity hop or grime going on here. No, it's the world of the Beatles, Randy Crawford and Annie Lennox that she's visiting on, what is, a good showcase for her vocals.

But it's the lesser known tracks that stand out, as we really don't need to hear another Beatles cover, so it's hats off to the power ballad, 'Squander', which is so much better than the Skunk Anansie original and the Sara Bareilles song, 'Gravity'. There is also a show stopping turn on Des'ree's `Kissing You', which comes complete with a West End choir comprising Adrian Hansel, Zoe Birkett, Amy Diamond, Hugh Maynard and Ross William Wild. Of the well known songs, it's the duet with Steve Balsamo on Cyndi Lauper's 'Time After Time' that comes out on top.

An excellent offering, showing an alternate side to Ms Dearman that will go down an absolute treat in Radio 2 land. 'Squander' is to be released as an EP at the end of July.

Here Comes The Sun
Here Comes The Sun by Louise Dearman (Audio CD - 2012)