5.0 out of 5 stars great bit of kit, 2 Sep 2013
I got the polar FT7 last year to help with my training but wanted to step it up this year. The RCX3 Run is perfect.

It shows pace and heart rate when linked with the supplied footpod. It does need a bit of calibration to improve accuracy.

It let's me download the data to the polar website to give me an overview of my training. It makes me want to go out and train to see if I can improve my running index.

There is option to add more sensors later if I decide to include cycling or even a gps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polar RCX3, 15 Mar 2014
I was selecting between FT60 and this model for my indoor trainings. Due to very atractive price I selected RCX3. Till now everything works 100%: hrm function and data synchronization in windows 8.1. This is my first such type watch and for now I like it very much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant watch, 28 Dec 2013
I have had the S625X for almost 10 years which is a brilliant product and still works but the chest strap caused huge blisters so didnt wear it. The new RCX3 works much like the previous one and the extra bonus is it doesnt cause any skin damage! I love it, it works like a dream, I will continue with Polar for sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device, 26 Jun 2014
Easy to use, good value for money, perfect to adapt running to my objective thanks to a very precise monitoring of the heart rate.

1 star missing for the 2 following reasons:
- advices after run are quite repetitive
- sync with the computer can be difficult sometimes

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for all levels, foot pod more useful than you might know, 15 Jun 2014
I've found this model very reliable and easy to use, including downloading training programs and uploading data. I calibrated the foot pod on three laps of a 400 m track, as it's important to know the exact distance when calibrating. I'm surprised at the distance accuracy -- on a 13 kilometre moderately hilly circuit, there was only a 50 metre discrepancy between the distance on the watch and the gps sports app on my phone. You don't need gps! -- You know where you've been, it's how far and how you did it that's important! (you can write a note into your online training data as to where if you wish)

The foot pod also enables you to gauge your performance in terms of stride length, etc., so you can see in this way too how you are improving.

The training programs downloaded from the web are very good. In my case it's handy to stop myself from over-training or pushing too hard too often -- all heart ranges are important. Just because I can spend an hour at 165 to 180 bpm, that doesn't mean it's a good idea (and I'm not as young as I used to be).

The batteries in the watch and foot pod seem to last well and are easily replaceable. The backlight is 'just enough', and only that, but it does save battery.

If you are a beginner and think this is out of your league, I would consider it anyway depending on the purchase price and the difference between the cheaper model you are considering. It will save you from wanting to upgrade later, and this does all you need without being over the top. The foot pod does add the element of distance run, and stride speed and length, and the usb wireless connectivity is very handy -- these two units would cost you something to buy separately.

Do get yourself a training program, it's part of the expertise value of this Polar product. All your info is easily accessible on the web, so you can see how you're doing in all kinds of ways -- distances, times, efficiency, fitness, calories, approx. fat calories... If you are starting out, take it easy: if you can't keep your heart rate down to a particular zone, either continue anyway if you're just a few beats over, or mix jogging and walking -- you'll soon improve, in two or three months you'll be going quite happily. Not over-doing it can speed your progress.

For a balanced review, I'm trying to think of something to criticize, but nothing really stands out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Jun 2014
Fantastic watch, very easy to use and set up, would highly recommend this to anyone looking to keep a track of their calorie intake or wanting to keep an eye on their heart rate

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for fitness. Decent for weights, 13 May 2014
Great watch but there isn't a stopwatch on it for when you don't use your heart monitor. I.e if you wanted to time your rest during weights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent HRM - Good syncing and footpod excellent. If you want no GPS/External GPS this is for you, 8 Jan 2014
Overall I love this HRM. I've had a variety over the years (15!) and this is the best one that I've had. Slimline, good wirelss sync (via a small USB dongle, not a pod/similar - good!), good software. The footpod (which this RUN version comes with) is accurate and easy to setup/use. The HRM strap is flexible, compared to the cheaper models that come with a plastic strap - the plastic strap (T31) is also good but not as comfortable for extended use as this one.

The software is good. The only gripes I have are that it won't let you create sports and sync to the unit, they upload as 'other' and then you have to correct in the software online) and that the online software doesn't remember things like your preferred calendar view. If they did an iphone/Android app (why not polar??) then it would be top class. They do one that links direct to an HRM strap but not PPT online

The only downside to this watch is the lack of integrated GPS, it comes in a separate unit (not included). For me this is actually a good thing as mostly I don't want GPS (use indoors) and the footpod is very accurate. It also means the battery last months (instead of days) and the unit is much more slimline than say the RC3 model.

4.0 out of 5 stars After 1 month testing.... I like it very much, 3 Jan 2014
My previous HRM was Garmin FR 305 (with GPS), and I've found some distance errors, because the Polar stride sensor has some variability depending your pace. But it's not really important.

Anyway, after 5 years running It's my first Polar HRM (before SIGMA and GARMIN), and now i'm learning to train!! My previous devices just gave data, but Polar teach you how to do it (intensity, frequency, rest time...). Impressed with all the useful data on [...]

Really happy with it; I just would upgrade to RCX5 because of 2 minor features: actual cadence and possibility to personalize the data in the screen (GARMIN FR305 had it)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing piece of technology, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Polar RCX3 RUN Heart Rate Monitor (Sports)
I love my new Polar! Great price. Quick delivery, thanks!