on 29 September 2012
My old laptop broke and this pink Samsung laptop really caught my eye! Samsung is a really good make and it works wonderfully.
The screen is very clear, big keys and really easy to work. It was such a great price for a very good laptop. The webcam takes very clear pictures. I would never go back to a diffrent laptop and I would definitely recommend it! Five stars out of five from me!
on 6 August 2012
Speaking as someone who isn't interested in computers but uses them a lot, I just want a machine that works reliably and quickly and costs as little as possible. So far (two months) the Samsung is 100% on all three categories. And the Windows system works well - better than earlier versions.

Ordered through Amazon and delivered within 24 hours.

So I'm very satisfied!
on 4 January 2013
The laptop arrived and immediately I love it. The screen is large, the webcam is good quality, it has a good battery life, doesn't get hot easily and runs very quietly. The laptop can handle games such as Sims 3 (although can get quite hot when playing), the speakers are good quality and the keypad is very easy to type with as-well as looking good. Disc-drive works well, and can play games and DVDs well. Only downside for me is that the touchpad is not sensitive enough, but this is a minor problem and the touchpad still works very well. I have also successfully connected the laptop to my TV and it worked brilliantly. I purchased the laptop on ebuyer.com for £299.99 however, so I do not know how the delivery service is on amazon. The laptop is exactly like the pictures and the description, too. Overall brilliant laptop and I'm VERY pleased with it. Highly recommended.
on 5 January 2013
got this off amazon for £279.
has windows 7 - didnt want to bother with windows 8.
got it for holiday use - we are away a lot so a smallish powerful lightweight computer is needed.
this is doing the job more than adequately for internet and documents.
i dont use it for games - the pentium b processer may not be fast enough.
battery life about 5 hrs.
good screen and keyboard.
instructions supplied are poor - some experience or help may be needed.
for example - you have to decide early in the setup process to choose the hard drive structure ie simple or partitioned - which is ostensibly for recovery .
i went for simple - i backup my documents and media myself onto usb sticks and portable hard drives.
i also uninstalled most of the samsung software - bloatware as its called.
initial thoughts only so far - will update later.
on 28 December 2012
This is a great laptop for the price. I almost passed it by because of the (now older) Pentium processor, but it is a very capable machine and 6 Gig of RAM is bucket loads.

Bought this for my Mum and it was not initially working right for her. Turned out there were heaps of windows updates waiting to go on, which I did over several hours and reboots.

The second issue was that internet access was acting up - Which I found was due to the power settings actively turning off the wireless adapter - this was on the standard (balanced) setting!

Also a free software programme helped optimise and clean up lots of settings (strange becuase it was a new machine) but it's done a great job and I thoroughly recommend 'advanced system care' by iobit.
on 26 January 2013
I bought this PC as an upgrade to my old HP Compaq with Vista Home Basic. The Samsung came with Windows 7 Home Premium and was marked down for clearance presumably because it became "obsolete" when Windows 8 machines came out.

I did not care for the mixed reviews on Windows 8 so I was specifically shopping for a laptop with Windows 7. This Samsung was well rated and it is a delight to use.

I suppose this review of a specific model is not much help (probably hard to find another) but it does suggest that Samsung laptops are pretty good products.
on 2 November 2012
I bought the silver version that is not currently on Amazon so got mine at Argos it was on offer so only paid £319.99 - Bargain.

Only my second laptop the old one was an old Sony Vaio , this is my first Samsung product of any kind and I am very impressed.

Very quick and easy setup I lnow its a budget model but the spec , Ram - Hard drive size etc seems a bargain for £319.99.

Only really used so far for a bit of shopping , web browsing and e mail so not exactly taxing it but it seems pretty quick.

The initial windows updates etc went very quickly and easliy not that much crapware pre-loaded only ditched Norton Internet security and put on Bit Defender 2013 instead.

Very happy with it and very highly reccommended especially if Argos still have the offer on.
on 12 January 2013
Good all round machine considering the price, be careful when you format the drive as you have to decide the size of both C & D drives. If I did it again I would make the D 25% the size of the C. No complaints at all I am very pleased with both the machine and the service.
on 16 February 2013
This laptop was a replacement for one which had broken down. It is everything we needed, we thought about a tablet but needed a disc drive for my sons games.

We love it - It is so much quicker than our last laptop. The battery life is more than adequate for my needs and I am trying to use all tips I have been given to extend it's life. Having consulted the IT guys at my workplace they all agreed that it is a great little machine. I also got this at the great price of £299.

Amazon were great, I ordered this on Saturday 21st January and as it was a replacement for a broken on and not a Christmas present we were not in a particular hurry for it however it arrived on Monday 24th December - outstanding service !!
on 23 January 2013
i bought this to replace a toshiba notebook. the spec is better than my desktop. i am aware that i bought this as a 'pre Dec 28th' deal from Amazon but even at full price it is a snip. stylish and unbeatable quality.