5.0 out of 5 stars Goons
This is such wonderful nostalgia we laughed so much and just wanted the cd to never end it brought back memories of times sat by the radio each week and laughing all the time. Just wonderful such talent.
Published on 6 Feb. 2013 by maggie morris

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Misunderstood title, thought it would be a collection. but is just a recording of a show.
Published 7 months ago by Fezz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Goons, 6 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic!, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Best Of The Goons (Audio CD)
It's the Goons - what more is there to say? Memories of times sitting by the wireless come flooding back - sheer magic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories of childhood., 27 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The Best Of The Goons (Audio CD)
Whilst a schoolboy I quickly became addicted to listening to the weekly broadcast of the Goon Shows and was a fan throughout the transmittion years. I bought a tape deck, open spool, and began to record them so I could listen to them whenever I wanted to be amused. I did however miss the musical intervals on the CD's. I still cannot listen to them without bursting out laughing.

4.0 out of 5 stars still funny, 27 Feb. 2013
Still beats some current comedians hands down. Good clean fun and some of the funniest lines/jokes ever written. More please.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Goons - Beverley Gledhill, 20 Nov. 2013
Beverley Gledhill (sydney, australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of The Goons (Audio CD)
Anyone who grew up listening to the Goons never gets over them! Listening to the three brilliant idiots is even funnier than the first time. Simple little snippets that make you roar with laughter, even if there is no one else around. I purchased the three CD's then ordered another set for my brother. This is comedy that never was before, and I doubt will ever be again. My family still say things like "he fell in the water!" We know what we mean and why it is funny. Make the most of this opportunity and stop being so serious.....laugh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids and adults alike, 4 Jan. 2014
seekew (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of The Goons (Audio CD)
I gave this to my sister (43) as it reminds us of a childhood listening to our father recite The Goons.
She listens in the car with her 3 kids (10, 8, 5). They LOVE it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic brilliance, 24 Dec. 2013
The Goons are what they are some people hate them. When I was a schoolboy fan in the 50's my Father thought they were 'just a load of silly noises'. They are, but what a unique collection. WE will never see their like again, Classic genius.
A wonderful trip back to my boyhood.
If you listen to it often enough to get the characters into your head and use your imagination you too could be hooked !

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 7 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Best Of The Goons (Audio CD)
Great memories of listening to this on the radio when I was a young teenager! Oh dear doesn't that make me sound ancient.... Never mind I;ve had a good chuckle listening to this again and if you don't know the Goons give it a try

5.0 out of 5 stars One happy Dad, one not-so-happy Mum!, 11 May 2015
SuziB - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Best Of The Goons (Audio CD)
I don't quite know which brought a smile to my face more, buying this for my Dads' Christmas present (along with the best of the Goon show no-2) was it the knowledge that my Dad can finally listen to all those so fondly remembered antics from yesteryear that he has whistfully craved over the years, or the fact that my Mum (like all women on the planet, including myself) hates this rubbish & will have to sit through it because number One Daughter bought it & it's a Christmas present?!!! Cruel, but a little bit funny too! :o)

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 4 Oct. 2014