on 25 September 2012
If you have already made the decision to go for the LeapPad2 then I would suggest that you also get the adapter. It really should be included with the Pad, as to my mind it is essential. The adapter allows you to use the pad while you charge and once you have insered the batteries there is no need to take them in and out again as they recharge in the pad. I had read previous reviews about poorly fitting adapters, but this seems to have been sorted with the LeapPad2 model.
55 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 April 2013
We're now saving a fortune on batteries by having this recharger pack. It last a few days from full charge and my daughter is still able to use her leappad2 when it need to be charged up again.
on 1 October 2013
Really pleased with this product as I was forever changing the batteries in my daughters leap pad 2 and she can play with it while it's charging too which is great
on 30 December 2012
An absolute must for the excellent leap pad 2. Pricey but worth it in the long run. Delighted with this product.
on 31 December 2013
My son loves his LeapPad2.. he plays with it everyday, it goes in the car with him, he takes it out and about with him. I cannot stress how many batteries this has saved us!! With the amount of time my son uses his for, we'd have gone through I shudder to think how many batteries..

The charger is quite fast, I normally plug it in when my son's gone to bed, and its always fully charged and ready to go in a few hours. The pack gives a good days worth of use.

The chargeable pack fits in the battery compartment of the LeapPad2, however the rechargeable batteries inside them, although they seem to be normal run of the mill rechargeables, they dont seem to be accessible by the consumer, meaning when they eventually die, a new recharger pack will be needed...

The only other downside seems to be the shape of the plug on the charger, it seems to be a 'egg' type shape, which is a bit wider than normal plug, meaning if you plug it into some thing like an extension lead, it overlaps the next socket slightly, meaning you cannot always plug in another plug next to it.

Except that, I'd strongly recommend you get this if you purchase a LeapPad2
on 24 August 2013
This has saved is loads as the leaped uses battery power so quickly. Will purchase a 2nd one for my son too. Not sure why they were out of stock for so long though!
on 19 January 2014
This battery works perfectly and is needed as normal batteries only last a matter of minutes
this is NOT made clear when buying the leap pad so comes as an expensive surprise!

When my daughter opened hers on Christmas morning the excitement didn't last long when she realised she wouldn't be able to play with it until we could purchase the recharger pack and nor did mine when I saw the price! - be warned the necessary extras needed to get the full use out of the leap pad more than doubles the original purchase price
on 26 April 2014
To any parent that has a leap pad or leap frog thing that your child plays, This battery set may be pricey but will out last any battery bought for it. I went through all the rechargeable ones possible to keep my daughter happy right from the cheap Tesco re charge ones to the energizer+ ones and the non re charge ones to keep my daughter happy, but ended spending a fortune on them over and over again. This re charge pack stays in the leap thing all the time and stays charged longer then all the batteries I have bought for it. The charge is fairly quick but the leap thing can be used while plugged into the wall for endless hours of playtime for the kids and in some levels educational too (not that I have played). I looked at this over and over again with the ermm and the I'm not sure put into it, but to all even thinking about it, Please think no more, IT IS WORTH THE PENNYS IN THE LONG RUN. Don't go for the imitations on ebay buy the real one and do your pocket a favour, I promise it is better.
on 3 October 2013
Highly recommended if you have a leap pad 2 saves a whole lot of money on batteries and you charge the pack directly in the leap pad just plug it in
on 30 October 2013
This item is for the Leapfrog explorer Leappad 2.

It came well wrapped and installed no problems.

The rechargable pac lasts easily 20+ hours making it overall a much better bargain than using normal batteries which seem to drain insanely fast.

At £25 I felt a tad conned as its essentially just 4 rechargable batteries and a transformer plug.