on 7 December 2012
A well written book that uses a few `flashbacks' in the book that link well with the main storyline and characters. They do actually help reinforce the story overall and get you to know the characters better. A different approach with the back story building and it is not all police type action that is often found in this genre. More a quite intimate portrait at times, of life on and off duty. The odd typo did detract but these were very few and far between. Certainly not the terrible spelling and grammar other reviewers seem to harped on about. I would say a decent fiction novel that gives a detailed account of what being a UK police officer is all about, written to inform as well as entertain.
on 25 September 2012
I admit I had a bit of a quandary with this book after looking at the reviews. The book is either rated as very good, or as very poor. The reviews just do not seem to add up. Until I noticed many of the one and two star reviews had come from a reviewer who had only ever reviewed this book. Very curious, and I do hope they are not malicious reviews. This turned out to be a good book. I did read the sample first and found it quite interesting. I've just finished reading it. A good story line with some sweet and eye opening situations. The romance was a little weak, though, and odd occasions the script became slightly disjointed. Not 100% error free but certainly not "the punctuation of a chimpanzee!"
Great ending with plenty of police action. But despite any erros, and grammar mistakes, I have to rate this 5 stars because it is just a great story.
on 26 November 2012
From the moment I started this book, I was instantly gripped. It makes you feel as though you are there which brings the story to life. Police Response gives you a very good insight into what being a cop is really like and seemed more fact than fiction to me. Thoroughly enjoyable book and this gets a 5 star review from me. Happily recommend this. Many thanks to the author.
on 26 November 2012
This was such a gripping book, that I felt I had to leave a review for it. I read a lot of books, in every genre and this one really captivated my imagination and pulled me into the book. I felt as though I was right there. It pulls you in, right from the very first page and leaves you wanting more. Terrific book that I would recommend to anyone looking for a great book.
on 30 November 2012
The author obviously knows a lot about the world of policing and this is a great, interesting story. The details really add something to the story. I know a couple of people mentioned that they didn't like that the story covered James's personal life but I thought it added an insight into his character. It's fast paced, fun and interesting. Well worth a read.
on 21 October 2012
I have to say this book was a real page turner and I was gripped from beginning to end. The drama really unfolds as the story of the Response Cop progresses and I found it really interesting and was astounded at what the officers went through on a day to day basis. A thoroughly enjoyable and informative read!
on 19 October 2012
Police Response is in summary a police fiction book, different to the many and varied 'true story' type police books. Police Response has it all from action to romance, written in a manner that makes for easy reading. You follow James Sowman as he progresses from a probationer to an armed response cop a few years later. It is not too 'policy' with a little predictable romance to break up the crime fighting element. Overall an interesting read that was quite gripping in parts.
on 24 September 2012
Read a few book by this author now and genuinely very impressed. Seems like some people on here are getting too hung up on the details and should just enjoy the books of what they are... This author has a natural talent in this field so I would highly recommend!!!!!!! 5 STARS!!!!!.......and keep the books coming please!
on 4 November 2012
I really enjoyed Police response, it is well written fiction book and the story flows well. I thought it might become disjointed due to the sideline stories, but was pleased to find they were woven into the story. I liked the romance aspect and the way it was not just an action book as it painted what I thought was an accurate picture of life on and off duty. Most of the other decent police books are true stories, Police Response is different being fiction so can have elements that maybe are more fiction than fact.
on 4 July 2012
This interesting story is full of action and drama. If you enjoy watching police documentaries you will love this, probably as much as I did! It's very well written and is very easy to read and I just couldn't put it down. It's got twists and turns and lots of unexpected police action! Overall a highly enjoyable police action drama.