on 23 May 2012
Just received my first kindle and wanted a good value for money lighted cover. Am so glad I tried this one. The appearance is great with nice nubuck leather and a good quality feel. The kindle touch fits in perfectly. The light is attached to the back where it sits neatly, held in place magnetically, and just flips over when you need it. Good light cover over the screen and light stays in place even if you turn kindle upside down. Although there is no closing clasp, the cover stays closed magnetically. Easy to charge with a docking bay on side of battery to attach to kindle lead and power source. small on/off switch on side of battery. highly recommended.
This case is pretty decent. It's very different from other lighted covers I've come across (most of which seem to draw upon the design used for Amazon's own-brand range for inspiration) and has it's own set of advantages and quirks.

The cover is made from suede (the dark purple sections) and textured leather (the black ones), whilst the inside is lined with a purple microfibre material. The leather doesn't scrape/scratch easily. The cover opens book-style and is held closed by 2 magnetic fastenings which have been discretely integrated into the inside of the cover. Thus, there are no intrusive tabs or elastic fastenings to get in your way when you're reading.

The Kindle slides into place and is held in place by a black leather cut-out frame. This is probably the feature of the case I'm least keen on: it's intrusive and the top and side sections tend to bulge quite a lot once the Kindle is installed.

The light is generally a good thing. Thanks to the 2 integrated LEDs, one positioned at either end of the pack, plenty of evenly-distributed light is emitted. This is, actually, better than the light output from the much pricier Amazon case.

The light is not an integrated, power-sharing plastic light arm - but, rather, a separate light pack attached externally via a folding leather arm. This is a bit bulkier than case-internal lights. Thanks to the way the arm works, the light is positioned in such a way as to give total coverage of the Kindle screen WITHOUT shining in your eyes while you're reading. When not in use, the light is 'docked' against the cover, courtesy of a magnetic fastener.

Although it is rechargable, the light system for this case doesn't draw upon the Kindle's own power, instead requiring separate charging via its own micro-USB port. It also has its own separate power switch.

PROS

- Price!
- Case is light and a good size
- Magnetic closure without intrusive tabs
- Light is bright, and distributed evenly across the screen
- Light doesn't shine in your eyes.

CONS

- On mine, the black leather strips are not cut evenly
- The light pack is bulky and sticks out from the back of the cover when not in use.
on 6 November 2012
The inside of this case is great. The outside is totally useless if like me you're a woman and a commuter who carries the Kindle in her handbag. The suede is very easily marked and is a lighter colour than the inner cover. It cannot be cleaned or buffed up. The edges of the cover frayed very badly and it got to a point where I didn't want to use it as the cover looked so 'done in'. My friend suggested that as I'd had the cover for less than 3 months that I should return it and ask for a refund. I forgot to mention that the light which I hardly used, also stopped working. I sent pictures and received no satisfaction whatsoever from Forefront. Customer Service was non-existent and the attitude was that I had 'sabotaged' the case. After several emails I've told them to keep the case and forget about the refund. They weren't prepared to offer a refund or replacement. I won't be buying anything from them again. I've now bought a brilliant case from Tesco's for the same money and it's still looking fantastic. Don't waste your money and your time.
on 11 June 2012
Arrived promptly. Nice looking case which provides good protection to both front and back of the Kindle. The Kindle slotted very easily into it and I love the magnetic closure! The additional attraction for me was the led light which folds away on the back of the case and which can be recharged using the same lead as the Kindle itself. (Very advantageous when reading in bed when the hubby is trying to asleep!) The only drawback is that it makes the whole thing a little weighty. I would recommend this case to anyone looking for a good value-for-money product that keeps their Kindle safe and scratch free!
on 8 June 2012
I was very skeptical at buying this cover as there is a significant price difference between this cover and the Kindle Cover. I am not disappointed as the cover is excellent. It is substantial and robust yet not too bulky or heavy. My kindle Touch is held securely in place. It folds back neatly to hold or stand on my table for hands free reading! The colour is not garish.

A magnetic catch holds the cover in place neatly. The light is secured magnetically at the back of the cover and is flipped over the top of the cover when in use. As the light is magnetically held in place when in use it does not move about. A small on/off switch is on the side of the light. The light is recharged using the same cable that is supplied with the Kindle.

All in all, I would highly recommend this cover and save over £30 to spend on ebooks!
on 30 August 2012
No need for a lengthy review, liked the colour, style and price of this lighted cover for my first Kindle 3G Touch. Speedy service, love the rechargeable light, excellent value, more reasonably priced than Amazon own leather cases. This was an indulgent gift to myself, no special occasion just a 'life's too short for housework, time to put my feet up moment'. As always when over spending/indulging repeat after me 'I simply owe it to myself!' Happy customer.
on 8 November 2012
Having bought a Kindle Touch I quickly realised I was the sort of person who was likely to end up damaging the screen without a protective cover. I also didn't enjoy using the Kindle on its own as a flat screen - it wasn't comfy to hold. Having it in a 'book-like' cover seemed as though it would make the reading experience more like holding a traditional book. I also tend to read in bed longer than my other half and the prospect of a case with a rechargable, integral light was very enticing. Having read lots of reviews on Amazon this case seemed to provide everything I needed for a reasonable price. It didn't disapoint!

The purple and black material feels good to the touch and is sturdy, so providing sufficient protection. It is comfy in my hands and it does feel as though I am holding a hardbacked book, but without the weight as this case is very light - a very important criteria for me as the reason for buying a Kindle was because arthritis makes it hard for me to hold a heavy book. The integral light illuminates the screen sufficiently for reading in a pitch black room without disturbing any other sleeper! As it is attached to the Kindle there's also no chance of ever being accidently without illumination. A bonus is that the Kindle charger lead also charges the light so no fiddly, costly small batteries to deal with.

Given the price compared to many other cases I would say this Forefront case is a perfect partner to the Kindle Touch.
on 5 September 2012
The cover is solid enough to protect my kindle, but not too heavy at the same time. The screen cover is really useful not only when using the lamp, but also when reading in the sun. Be careful though when you stick the foil to the kindle screen. I have 2 or 3 air bubbles between the screen and the cover because the screen wasn't perfectly clean. Be also careful to press (not just simply slide) the lamp switcher in order to turn on or off the light. I think that if the switcher were more sensitive, you could have turned on the light without noticing. Overall...I'm really satisfied with the product.
on 12 August 2012
Ok, I just purchased my first kindle and went for the 3g kindle touch. As I wanted to protect it and have a lighted cover I looked at all the available covers and picked this one primarily because it looked good, value for money (£17.99 currently) and other reviews.
I am very happy with the cover, it looks good, perfect fit for the kindle touch, the light attaches magnetically to the back of the cover and does stick out slightly when not in use but I do not find this is a hindrance. The light is easy to charge and uses the kindles charger.
I would recommend it.
on 8 September 2012
The case is very useful but not durable. The light is good for reading at night if that is the only thing you are looking for. The antiglare screen does protect the screen from scratches, but does not work as an antiglare in sunlight. The case after 6 weeks of reading is already tattered and worn not due to any misuse. So the corners of the kindle are not really protected.
I have given it a 4 star as value for money its not bad, i guess you need to spend more money if you want a better quality. The colour is nice.