5.0 out of 5 stars a perfect solution for herioc drinks...
Published 16 months ago by A Dad

1.0 out of 5 stars Tainted ice from lid
I bought these two years ago. They were great to start with, but now the flexible plastic lid taints the water (ice) badly with a horrible plastic taste. They are going in the bin unfortunately, unless I can contact the manufacturers.

Shame as they are a nice design.
Published 9 months ago by Christopher Robb

5.0 out of 5 stars a perfect solution for herioc drinks..., 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: OXO Good Grips No Spill Ice Cube Tray (Kitchen & Home)
Ok, so just an ice tray, and if you get excited about it you're probably just getting it out of the freezer to make a heroic drink (i'd be specific but our friends may redact this post). This the best ice tray I've seen or used because it does not drip, but even better, you can push the ice cubes out with one finger as the cubes are curved, and just slip out. This prevents the usual slam-twist-crack-and-splinter action which always results in a wet icy mess. So I'm writing this having just got excited whilst making a perfect the aforementioned drink...

4.0 out of 5 stars The best ice cube trays I've ever used., 9 May 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips No Spill Ice Cube Tray (Kitchen & Home)
Plus: Ingenious no spill design. You can even put them sideways in the freezer to conserve space. Ice cube removal is very easy. Ideal size and shape of ice cubes. They don't pick up smells from freezer.

Minus: Occasionally, some ice cubes come out broken. Also, before draining the excess water from the tray, you must press very firmly while sliding your hand across the lid so as not to allow any water to drain from the ice cube sockets. If it were not for these two minor concerns, I would give them 5 stars.

In any case, great job OXO!

1.0 out of 5 stars Tainted ice from lid, 16 Oct. 2014
This review is from: OXO Good Grips No Spill Ice Cube Tray (Kitchen & Home)

Shame as they are a nice design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 29 Dec. 2013
J. Thomas - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Good Grips No Spill Ice Cube Tray (Kitchen & Home)
We bought this as we have a small freezer and have to fit the ice cube tray wherever we can. This lid seals the water perfectly and enables the tray to be slotted in at an angle. The ice cubes also pop out incredibly easily - incredibly satisfying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ice Cube Tray EVER Invented!, 20 Sept. 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips No Spill Ice Cube Tray (Kitchen & Home)
Now that I have bought as many as I can of these for myself and other family members, I can now tell you all how good this tray is, before they run out of them! It is a bit wider than my 2 previous models of the OXO Good Grips ice cube trays, but it has the advantage of being able to put in the freezer at a slant if 'flat' doesn't always work for your freezer arrangement. The filling system with the silicon lid is super easy and very clever. The ice cubes come out easily and are a great shape and size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best I've had, but still not perfect, 13 Jan. 2015
This review is from: OXO Good Grips No Spill Ice Cube Tray (Kitchen & Home)
Got this tray as I was tired of getting a 1kg bag of ice whenever I wanted to make some cocktails, and any previous attempts of making cubes myself failed miserably with half the water all over the freezer. I had some success with ice cube bags but I hate how my fingers get really cold when I get them out - hence, decided to try that.

Overall I'm happy - the no spill design actually does work (to my surprise). The tray is bigger than I expected but since it only lives in the freezer for a night or so (and then I transfer the cubes to a bag which is much more flexible) it's not a huge problem.

What would have made this tray perfect (and not just very good) would be if getting ice out of it was easier - e.g. if the pockets for the cubes were silicone and you could press them out. As it is (very hard shell) often the only way to take the ice out is to knock the tray against a table or something similar - far from ideal, I always worry it will break in half.
Best I've tried so far, but could be made better (although that probably would have made it even more expensive!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing..., 11 Mar. 2014
This review is from: OXO Good Grips No Spill Ice Cube Tray (Kitchen & Home)
... for an ice cube tray, quick and easy to fill and the 'cubes' pop out so easily. It's one of those things you wish you invented.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 24 Oct. 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips No Spill Ice Cube Tray (Kitchen & Home)
Works a treat and does what it says it does. Good size cubes and came out really easily the first time I used it.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT ice cube tray!, 13 July 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips No Spill Ice Cube Tray (Kitchen & Home)
This is really good, its very easy to fill and clean.

Pros:
I love the plastic flap at the top which keeps it from taking up that terrible freezer smell.

Cons:
The only problem was that for the first few freezes it had the terrible plastic smell which went after a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more spillages!, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: OXO Good Grips No Spill Ice Cube Tray (Kitchen & Home)
We had some 'nice' IKEA flexible silicon ice cube trays in the shape of stars. Rubbish. Couldn't fill them or walk them to the freezer without creating a swimming pool, and the ice they made was too thin to last longer than 5 minutes in a drink.

This tray is excellent. The sealing lid means the water doesn't spill everywhere and it makes really good-sized chunks of ice that last longer than the drink itself so keeps it nice and cold and doesn't dilute it too much.

It's hard to get too excited about an ice cube tray, so I'll just say this: if you want one that does the job well, so you don't have to think about it every again, get this.

OXO Good Grips No Spill Ice Cube Tray