5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Happy Ever After - Volume 1: A Novel of Horror and Suspense (Kindle Edition)
This is exhilarating and delivers 'on the edge' - 'can't put down' on every page..... I must confess to starting my days groggy with lack of sleep due to ....just having to read the next few pages..... which turn rapidly into the next 40........55..... until finished!....
I went on a roller coaster of emotions with Happy Ever After.... It chills, horrifies and takes you into what you can only imagine the actual mind of a psychopath.......I Fast paced, creepy, cleverly written. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this and every other book that Matt Shaw has written....

The problem is Mr Shaw has the ability to 'draw you in and hook you'..... so when you reach the end of any of his books.... you have an insatiable appetite for more....This author is ADDICTIVE.

I now look more than once at the nice smart looking men in the queue behind me at the supermarket and now shift a few more comfortable feet away.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning - do not read this if you have anything urgent to do!!!, 19 May 2014
Kerry L. Wiltshire (UK) - See all my reviews
I only discovered Matt Shaw in the last 2 weeks. In that time I have read 6 of his books and have converted some my blood thirsty friends! Writing in the first person, Matt Shaw allows you to understand how each character thinks and feels. I found Peter particularly mesmerising with his disturbed personality punctuated with Matt Shaw's brilliant humour. I find Matt's style of writing refreshing and 6 books in I am not tiring of it.

This book isn't for the faint hearted, but once you start it's impossible to put down. It's wrong, just wrong - perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars goosebumps!, 25 Sep 2013
what a great read.dont want to give the story away but WOW theres sum weirdos in the world,and this book shows that. wd 100% reccommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST BUY!, 1 Jun 2013
I came to Matt Shaw's work through his non fiction titles. I was thrilled to discover that he's also very prolific novelist. The Peter Chronicles were the first books of his that I bought for my kindle - and I'm so happy I did. These stories weave fear, sorrow, hope, despair and excitement together so beautifully that you just want to keep reading.
Matt has great insight into the darkest areas of human thought and behaviour. He is also an expert on working humour into the most unexpected and often terrifying parts of his stories.
If you're a fan of horror, thriller or psychotic tales then buy these books. In fact, even if you're just a fan of good writing then go ahead and treat yourself. You wont be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 13 April 2014
Highly recommended, will keep you glued! Can't wait to get stuck into the next offerings from the gifted matt shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly Dark!, 28 Jan 2013
I am rapidly becoming a huge fan of Matt Shaw! This book is really cleverly written and focuses on a guy that struggles to find love in the usual way, so resorts to capturing and holding any potential girlfriends hostage. The book travels at a gripping pace and would give many horror writers out the're a run for their money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Sep 2012
Joanne "Lovin ma kindle" (Skegness, Lincolnshire UK) - See all my reviews
I've just finished reading this trilogy and I have to say I absolutely loved it!!! What a fantastic author. When I wasn't reading the book I was thinking about it and telling my daughter about it. There aren't many authors that can make you feel all the different emotions that you get from this book, suspense, laughter, sick with fear, shock it's all there. I can't recommend it enough. I've just downloaded Peter & All Good Things. Can't wait to read more of Peter :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Three fantastic dark, twisted tales in one book, 26 April 2012
L Lamb (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
Being a big fan of Matt Shaw's work, I have already brought these three books individually. But if you're new to Matts writing then this trilogy is a bargain and a great introduction to his work. I can't rate this collection highly enough. The first book "Happy Ever After" was a best seller on Amazon recently and is a fantastic read. If you enjoy horror with a hint of humour then this is a must. The main character Peter is a total nutter and does dreadful things but still I couldn't help but like him and feel sympathy for him. The prequal "G.S.O.H Essential" takes us back, and cronicles Peters search for the illusive love of his life. His methods not exactly being the norm. Then "A Fresh Start", which carries on directly from where "Happy Ever After" left off, completes the story.
It's a great read (well three great reads actually) and once you start reading Matt Shaws books you will be hooked!