Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 27 December 2012
I just bought this and I have read all the books now on the subject of writing and earning and this is by far the worst of them all. The Author starts off by saying you can make a lot of money writing books 'even if you can't write'. And it shows. Its badly written and completely states the obvious and treats the reader as if they are complete morons.

My advice is spend more money and read Lets Get Digital by David Gaugham which is a very well crafted book by someone who actually can write and utterly superior. Also read How I sold a Million copies etc by John Locke. I knew when I clicked on this book that I had made a mistake. So if you wish to read about pure writing read On Writing by Stephen King and give this one a wide birth. The author hasnt got a clue. How on Earth people gave it a five star review is totally beyond me??
on 4 February 2013
This book describes how to quickly and easily write e-books using other people to do the work, and how to price them low to make more sales. And then there comes the point of realisation when you realise "that's how much I paid for this e-book" and "hmmm, he does recommend 'googling things' very often", until by then end you can almost hear the sounds of his mocking laughter echoing from every page. I can imagine this bringing the birth of a number of other shoddily written books on the same subject, which will then spawn another set of shoddily written books on the same subject, and so on. Well played, sir.
on 9 December 2012
This isn't a bad book, it just didn't contain anything new and exciting for me, so was a little disappointed considering all the positive reviews. I read a lot of books in this genre, but my recent favourites are Choosing The Life You Want & Having It - The Complete eBay Guide(if only for the motivation, but Wow, what a really nice inspiring book), Make A Killing On Kindle (Without Blogging, Facebook Or Twitter). The Guerilla Marketer's Guide To Selling Ebooks On Amazon (which kind of says the complete opposite to this book) and The Kindle Publishers Bible (which is a good book but has such a generic title that I can't find the product link amongst the 109 pages dedicated to the holy bible!)
on 16 July 2013
In this book the author says, I quote: "You're not going to put out a me too book, one that's barely different from all the other books" but that's exactly what this is, another "me too" book. However, one difference between this and other books can be found - it is badly written. I found myself skipping pages after a while hoping the next section was more engaging because it just couldn't keep my attention. Same old, same old.

The idea of using freelance writers or "ghost writers" to write your book is an interesting one but if you're new to this you can easily fall prey to bad writers and end up paying a lot of money for something that doesn't sell. The time taken searching for writers, checking their cv's, reviewing work they've already done & specifying exactly what you want from them you might just as well write the thing yourself!

I did not enjoy this book at all. All those who gave it 5 stars should update their reviews and tell us if they have been successful with the advice in it or not. I often feel people write a review saying these books contain great advice but never actually turn that advice into anything other than hype and optimism! I gave it 2 stars because he did manage to sell the book to me in the first place and at such a low price it isn't worth me trying to get a refund. I don't feel "ripped off" at this price, I just didn't enjoy it.

My advice to anyone thinking of buying this - don't. There are better books which are more than badly written, shallow "me too" books.

That said however, the author has successfully managed to achieve his objective! He is getting his share of the $10 Billion Digital Revolution! You might be able to do the same with an equally poor offering! I am definitely going to give it a go but I will write it myself.
on 16 April 2012
This book is immediately readable. It is well written and you find you are quickly pressing the next page button on your Kindle. Simon takes you through the reasons why you need to consider digital publishing as a means of income generation, pointing out that the downloadable eBook sector is a significant industry and one that we can all tap into. So, he convinces you of the need to enter this world right away and then takes you through a straightforward step-by-step process to getting yourself published in this digital revolution currently worth a staggering $10 billion. If you follow the advice in this book you are bound to succeed. Not only is it clearly written but it is packed with tips, advice and practical suggestions on how to become a digital writer and publisher. If you want to make money online easily, you really need this book. Thoroughly recommended.
on 17 April 2012
I picked this up on kindle last night and although I am already familiar with Simon's Many other digital products and I was expecting nothing but good value, but for a book that cost so little the value was super enormous.
I am also fairly familiar with kindle publishing and have bought quite a few other products priced 100 times more , and therefore I was expecting quick great value, nonetheless a fairly quick read, but I was wrong.
Simon really has outdone himself with a fantastic resource on how to start publishing on kindle with every conceivable resource at your fingertips weather you are a total newcomer or have written for publication before.
In this book I loved the fact that he started right from the beginning and goes through to more advanced ways to build a great income through Amazons massive marketing.

All in all an amazing read, written with great style. I started yesterday meaning to read a couple of chapters everyday but as I started reading, I simply had to read through from start to finish in one read last night.

This book will benefit anyone thinking of starting a solid book empire, or even if you have a book or two that have been either not published or have been rejected by the traditionAL Publishing outlets.
In fact if you are a budding writer starting out I highly recommend this book as it will lay solid foundations not only for the book publishing but as Simon has covered an enormous amount on how to get your book to the best sellers lists, with his enormous marketing knowledge that I have come across many times in the past in other forms of digital media.

What's more important is that he covers the promotion of the books, once it is published, in the many ways that you can utilise with Social media, and other networks in the publishing world that would be open to do joint ventures with,

What more important is that almost anyone can get their books published with ease with the information and resources that are laid out for you.

Fantastic book.
Hamant Keval
on 17 April 2012
I really did approach this book with some trepidation. After all, a title like "Earn More, Work Less, Get Famous" tends to make one assume that the book is going to be full of hype! I couldn't have been more wrong! Rather than the fluff filled, hyped up book I was expecting it is so chock full of critical and genuinely useful information that I have re-read it TWICE! I really thought I had a handle on digital publishing but only realised how much I was NOT clued up after reading this book - There is so much I simply didn't know.
Simon's writing style is clear, fluent and friendly. He somehow manages to present useable and essential information in a concise manner whilst also interjecting humour. There are step-by-step methods in here that WILL (if you follow them) allow you to make a genuine, tangible and profitable business out of digital publishing. It doesn't matter if you are a "Newbie" or more advanced (like myself) - There is information here that will benefit everyone. There are many methods detailed in "Earn More, Work Less, Get Famous" that I will be putting into practice straight away, it would be just plain old stupid of me not to!
A quick note, also, on presentation: I know that the actual CONTENT is the most important factor of any book such as this but, for me at least, great presentation makes a difference. The one thing that dissapoints me with many Kindle books is the terrible organisation and presentation. Not so with this one! It is beautifully and professionally presented, well laid out and superbly structured.
Now... I think I will go for my third read - There is so much in here that I am bound to have missed something LOL!
If you DON'T read this book then you WILL miss out - I cannot recommend it highly enough and, in a bookshop, I would expect to pay between £19.99 - £29.99 for this in softcover!
on 22 April 2012
I am subscribed to Simon's list and have bought some of his products before, so I kind of knew I was probably going to like this book! However, there is a lot being published on this topic so I retained some scepticism. I have a couple of books on Kindle so wanted to see what Simon had to say...and he delivers! This is a very easy gobbledygook, no fluff..very straight forward, easy enough for a newbie to grasp the concepts. What sets it aside from other similar books is the detail. Simon doesn't leave crucial information out..unlike others who want to upsell you to another product. He gives you a practical approach but includes the nuances too, like how do you really understand a trend and how to check it, so you don't go off in the wrong direction.

The other aspect of this book that is good is the ABSOLUTE realism Simon brings to it. No, you won't get rich off one book...this is a plan for the long term and he doesn't make wild promises, just gives you the right approach and all the tools.

I am re-reading the book right now, changing the way I do my research, planning a series of books...on my way to earning watch this space!
Seriously, this book is priced so anyone has the opportunity to learn. It's a no-brainer, if you have a spare couple of dollars, buy it, read it, take action.
on 16 April 2012
This is a very well written Kindle book which takes you the reasons why you should be publishing digitally online instead of going down the traditional paper book route. It gives great case studies and then takes you by the hand to guide you through the process of researching the best topics to cover and also how to write and publish the book to give maximum value to the reader. If you follow the system that Simon Hodgkinson has outlined in the book, I cannot really see how you could possibly fail to succeed in becoming an established author of how many books you choose to write. There is no doubt that there is significant financial gain to be benefited from in this field of publishing and anyone taking the steps that Simon lays out in this book stands to earn a hefty income from the process. There are some nice bonuses thrown in including links to video tutorials as well as other cool online resources. For the price that this is being offered at it is really a no brainer and I can recommend it one hundred percent. As far as I'm aware, this is Simons first book, so I can't wait to see what he comes out with next. Good Stuff indeed.
on 24 April 2012
Have you noticed that most of these reviews are from previous customer's of Simon? Why is that do you think? I'll tell you - it's because the guy is damned good at what he does, and this book just adds to his top flight reputation.
Erm - yes, I'm also a long standing customer so I had a good idea that I wouldn't be disappointed with the content.
If you're new to Kindle publishing (like me) then there is no need to feel intimidated by the 'how To'. Simon lays it all out in an easy to read format, from the initial niche idea brainstorming, through every facet of creating a successful ebook and finishing with interesting and varied ways to promote your Kindle ebook.

You still reading? Wow - I'd have thought you'd have bought way before reading this review. So what are you waiting for, go buy it now! AND, don't forget to register your purchase with Simon so that you can have lots of bonuses in the coming weeks.
I've just finished reading mine on the new Kindle Touch Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display