5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Readable and Very Informative
Published on 16 April 2012 by Graham Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars Earn More Work Less and Get Famous
I just bought this and I have read all the books now on the subject of writing and earning and this is by far the worst of them all. The Author starts off by saying you can make a lot of money writing books 'even if you can't write'. And it shows. Its badly written and completely states the obvious and treats the reader as if they are complete morons.

My advice...
Published 15 months ago by Angus Kennedy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Earn More Work Less and Get Famous, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Earn More, Work Less, Get Famous: Claim Your Share Of The $10 Billion Digital Revolution (Kindle Edition)

My advice is spend more money and read Lets Get Digital by David Gaugham which is a very well crafted book by someone who actually can write and utterly superior. Also read How I sold a Million copies etc by John Locke. I knew when I clicked on this book that I had made a mistake. So if you wish to read about pure writing read On Writing by Stephen King and give this one a wide birth. The author hasnt got a clue. How on Earth people gave it a five star review is totally beyond me??

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be true, or could be a pyramid scheme, 4 Feb 2013
This book describes how to quickly and easily write e-books using other people to do the work, and how to price them low to make more sales. And then there comes the point of realisation when you realise "that's how much I paid for this e-book" and "hmmm, he does recommend 'googling things' very often", until by then end you can almost hear the sounds of his mocking laughter echoing from every page. I can imagine this bringing the birth of a number of other shoddily written books on the same subject, which will then spawn another set of shoddily written books on the same subject, and so on. Well played, sir.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enticed by the excellent cover and positive reviews, 9 Dec 2012
This isn't a bad book, it just didn't contain anything new and exciting for me, so was a little disappointed considering all the positive reviews. I read a lot of books in this genre, but my recent favourites are Choosing The Life You Want & Having It - The Complete eBay Guide(if only for the motivation, but Wow, what a really nice inspiring book), Make A Killing On Kindle (Without Blogging, Facebook Or Twitter). The Guerilla Marketer's Guide To Selling Ebooks On Amazon (which kind of says the complete opposite to this book) and The Kindle Publishers Bible (which is a good book but has such a generic title that I can't find the product link amongst the 109 pages dedicated to the holy bible!)

2.0 out of 5 stars Just another badly written "Me Too" book, 16 July 2013
In this book the author says, I quote: "You're not going to put out a me too book, one that's barely different from all the other books" but that's exactly what this is, another "me too" book. However, one difference between this and other books can be found - it is badly written. I found myself skipping pages after a while hoping the next section was more engaging because it just couldn't keep my attention. Same old, same old.

The idea of using freelance writers or "ghost writers" to write your book is an interesting one but if you're new to this you can easily fall prey to bad writers and end up paying a lot of money for something that doesn't sell. The time taken searching for writers, checking their cv's, reviewing work they've already done & specifying exactly what you want from them you might just as well write the thing yourself!

I did not enjoy this book at all. All those who gave it 5 stars should update their reviews and tell us if they have been successful with the advice in it or not. I often feel people write a review saying these books contain great advice but never actually turn that advice into anything other than hype and optimism! I gave it 2 stars because he did manage to sell the book to me in the first place and at such a low price it isn't worth me trying to get a refund. I don't feel "ripped off" at this price, I just didn't enjoy it.

My advice to anyone thinking of buying this - don't. There are better books which are more than badly written, shallow "me too" books.

That said however, the author has successfully managed to achieve his objective! He is getting his share of the $10 Billion Digital Revolution! You might be able to do the same with an equally poor offering! I am definitely going to give it a go but I will write it myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Readable and Very Informative, 16 April 2012
This book is immediately readable. It is well written and you find you are quickly pressing the next page button on your Kindle. Simon takes you through the reasons why you need to consider digital publishing as a means of income generation, pointing out that the downloadable eBook sector is a significant industry and one that we can all tap into. So, he convinces you of the need to enter this world right away and then takes you through a straightforward step-by-step process to getting yourself published in this digital revolution currently worth a staggering $10 billion. If you follow the advice in this book you are bound to succeed. Not only is it clearly written but it is packed with tips, advice and practical suggestions on how to become a digital writer and publisher. If you want to make money online easily, you really need this book. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent information on how to make money by publishing a book on Kindle, 17 May 2012
This is a comprehensive book on how to make money by creating and publishing a book for the Kindle marketplace and other outlets. Everything is covered from choosing a suitable topic, to creating it (even if you don't really want to write) to marketing. I have purchased other material at much higher cost on the same topic but this is better than most of them. I read the whole thing in one session but will return to it in future I know. Incredible value for anyone considering writing a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise, practical and well-written, 3 May 2012
B. Towns (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Having considered publishing on Kindle for some time now, I came across this eBook via an unrelated website.

It is concise, well-written and, most importantly, practical.

Structured in such a fashion as to make the ideas contained therein easy to absorb and implement, I recommend this eBook as an excellent place to start if you are considering taking advantage of this very lucrative market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good inspiration, 10 Sep 2013
Chris Smith (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I love this book, it's really helped with my blogging and online sales and getting into the whole mindset of how to work more efficiently to get good results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and complete, 25 Feb 2013
Robin Whalley (Saddleworth, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
There isn't much to say other than everything you need is here. Put the advice from this book into practice rather than wasting time looking for more advice. I have now two books and am working on a third. My wife cant believe how they are selling. Thanks for the great advice Simon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly interesting, 18 Jan 2013
A fairly generic book in this genre, but some interesting pockets of new information that I haven't read elsewhere before. Worth skimming through.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›