5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book For Older Children Who Like To Cook!
I could not decide between The International Cookbook for Kids and Emeril's There's a Chef in My World!: Recipes That Take You Places, so I ordered both of them and am very glad that I did.

Published on 11 May 2013 by Grandma

1.0 out of 5 stars American measures
I was so tempted by this, not just because I love recipe books but mainly because it looked ideal for using in the classroom to model instruction writing. It may be a great book, but all the measures are American making it unsuitable for an English child. Buyer beware!
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book For Older Children Who Like To Cook!, 11 May 2013
Grandma (Vermont, USA) - See all my reviews

Locricchio does a bang-up job of introducing youngsters to the Big 4 cuisines of the world (French, Italian, Chinese & Mexican) while teaching children excellent foundation skills that will last them their entire lives. You won't find canned broth or bouillon cubes in The International Cookbook for Kids. Locricchio teaches them to make a variety of base stocks from scratch. You will find no mixes and no prepared foods here, just real food for real kids, heavy on the veggies and very light on the snack material.

Emeril ranges further afield and includes foods from most regions of the world. He emphasizes good taste and uses a variety of cooking techniques. Nearly all of Emeril's recipes are things that I have been making myself for years and most of his recipes are so close to mine that I know they're good.

You can't go wrong with either book. Better yet, do as I did and just buy both.

Note: Neither of these books are suitable for the 4-8 age group as specified in the publication details.

1.0 out of 5 stars American measures, 15 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The International Cookbook for Kids (Kindle Edition)

The International Cookbook for Kids