5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Fun Book
Published 20 months ago by Dr. Bojan Tunguz

1.0 out of 5 stars Alright
It was alright it was a bit babyish for me but my brother enjoyed it
I would give it a six an a half out o ten by Sarah l Thomson is a good writer and should keep up th goo work
Love to hear and read another adventurous story by Sarah
From Billy
Ps keep on going :p
Published 9 months ago by Kim

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Fun Book, 10 July 2013
Dr. Bojan Tunguz (Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Pirates Ho! (Paperback)
Ever since becoming a parent I've bought and read more children's books then I thought possible. And all of this before by son has learned how to talk properly! I've realized that with the wealth of titles and content out there it can be hard for parents to decide which books would be best worth their time and money. However, of all the books I've gotten this far I don't think I've personally enjoyed any single one more than this book about Pirates. Pirates are, of course, one of the little boys' favorite characters, but even as an adult I was able to really enjoy going through this book. It's written in verse, and a pretty good verse at that. There is really no plotline as such, but I am not really bothered by it. The narrative voice is very original and authentic. The book manages to strike the perfect balance between the fearsome and ghoulish on one hand, and innocently playful on the other. This is probably one book that I see myself rereading often over the next few years.

Another thing that I really loved about this book are the illustrations. The characters are both whimsical and mildly menacing looking. I love the crisp illustrative style of this book a lot, and will probably look into other works illustrated by Stephen Gilpin.

I only wish that I got the hardcover version of this book. My paperback edition is already showing too many signs of wear and use.

Overall, this is a wonderful children's book that can be fun to read for both the parents and the children. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 24 Jun. 2014
It was alright it was a bit babyish for me but my brother enjoyed it
Love to hear and read another adventurous story by Sarah
From Billy
Ps keep on going :p

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Pirates, Ho! (Kindle Edition)
I bought this for my Tab to entertain my grandson age 3. He loved the pictures but is still waiting for the 'sound to come on' he understands real books and dvds but hasn't grasped the concept of the tab! I will try again in a few months, he may appreciate more when a little older.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for toddlers, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Pirates, Ho! (Kindle Edition)
Both my grandsons loved this book and joined in when I shouted out Pirates Ho!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not designed for Kindle, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Pirates, Ho! (Kindle Edition)
This doesn't work on Kindle Fire....the text is too small to read and can't be enlarged...pity, as the illustrations are lovely.

Pirates, Ho!