5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful read to help you make the most of Twitter, 7 Jun 2012
Amazon Customer (Charminster, Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Broadcasting Powerful Messages with Twitter (Kindle Edition)
When I started with Twitter about 3 months ago the basics seemed easy but almost immediately I had a mass of questions, "What am I doing this for?" "What should I tweet?" "How often should I tweet" "Help - I've got a new follower/someone's retweeted me - what should I do".
These are mostly to do with protocol - how do you get this kind of question answered? Linda's book is aimed at the business user but contains really sound, common sense advice for any user and certainly addresses this kind of question and much more in a very easy to read style. She is particularly good at getting you to identify what you want out of Twitter and how to achieve it. She makes the point that it is about engagement and conversations not about broadcasting to the ether so common courtesies are very important. For example, I have been amazed how many Tweeps don't welcome new followers or thank for retweets. She also points out that it isn't a numbers game gathering the largest number of followers without any clear idea of who or why.
I know from my own experience that scanning the home stream in the early days can help identify new Tweeps worth following and doing this even led to referrals for other businesses through being the first to respond to requests for services but it soon becomes unwieldy. Linda addresses this management issue - how to use lists once your home stream becomes too large to monitor.
I recommend this read to all levels of user - there is bound to be a useful nugget there even for experienced Tweeps. For the newcomer it is invaluable.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to know to make Twitter work for business, 25 May 2012
This booklet brings together all of the things you really need to know in order to get to grips with using Twitter for business. It takes the reader through the steps involved in a way that is easy to understand and implement no matter where you are starting from. I thought I knew how to use Twitter to promote my business; that's one of the problems many of us face. It's so easy to get an account and start tweeting that you can find yourself believing you are an expert:) Well, Linda is an expert and it shows.

If you want to be really effective and broadcast truly powerful messages on Twitter then this is the book for you.

Broadcasting Powerful Messages with Twitter