on 26 July 2013
Caught this late at night and thoroughly enjoyed it, extremely informative and if you've bought the movie then this is an ideal DVD companion for it.
on 1 June 2013
I have a real love of horses and it is sad to see how abused these honest and willing animals were used.
on 21 March 2014
This is really a mixture of history and observation. It contains much original black and white footage. I bought it to share with my granddaughter. She is having to work on poetry of the first world war.

So by looking at this material it not only conveys some real history in picture or film form but also give a major insight to the scenes that poets and of course many others had to see and live through. This was as indicated a TV documentary but well worth watching, if only to watch politicians or military mistakes or decisions in action and the results.Not meant as a political comment, just an observation of the reality many brave people had to face whatever their nation
on 26 June 2013
I was told to watch this film actually by some friends in the US! I am glad I did for I liked it very much. My Dad was in the 1st WW so know all about the trenches and hardship they all endured.
on 28 March 2014
A worthwhile - but not outstanding - background to the film and the period it portrays. Very much a good second-class production of Television work, not matching the best of BBC, ITV or Channel 4. But I also found the film (NOT the play)
less striking than did many of my friends.
on 22 November 2014
This film was magic, I could watch it again and again. Director and Acting was superb and will tell people what a fruitless war WW1 was. Mixed emotions,tears and joy. But it did have an happy ending. What can I say. I loved it.
on 30 March 2014
So sad how man has misused these beautiful creatures. Excellent as a commentary on war generally, WW1 particularly, war in general terms. Brilliantly produced and acted.
on 16 February 2014
Very well presented this document, but it does have weepy bits. There are some scenes where it maybe upsetting, but it is very interesting.
on 9 October 2014
Bought this as a gift for a male relative and he was very pleased with it.
on 27 October 2014
I have watched this so many times it was lovely