on 4 January 2013
I really struggled to get into this novel. It was a reasonably good story line but I found it difficult to stay in touch with the plot. It seemed to lack depth and I struggled to engage with the various characters within this story.
on 28 November 2012
Really enjoyed this, an ideal bed time read. Amusing, many of the characters are unlikely, however they are well portrayed in this thriller set in Baja California and I thoroughly enjoyed the book, I will order more ...
on 11 December 2012
If you're a Carl Hiaasen fan, you'll love this!

Great sense of humour, I hope to read lots more from Shaun Morey!!

When's the next coming out Shaun??
on 10 December 2012
Another good tale, Atticus is a great character, i love the dry humour and the story goes along at a good pace. An easy read with good characters and plot.
on 10 December 2012
A great read, I do advise both books read them in order as several characters reappear in the second novel. Overall an entertaining read.
on 14 January 2013
El Dorado Blues
Very different from my usual reading matter. An interesting insight into a different lifestyle. An enjoyable read.
on 9 December 2012
aA slow burner but worth persevering with. Not sure if I would buy another book by this author. It is okay.
on 22 November 2012
billed as appealing to fans of Carl Hiasson this was frankly a big let down.
The plot was interesting in its concept , but the characters were badly drawn and not believable.
the action sequences were very formulaic and in the end I gave up two third of the way through.
on 8 December 2012
The reading of this book was abandoned after reading 30% . It would probably be suitable reading for children in their early teens.
on 23 January 2013
I had heard of the main character of this book and decided to try it.
I found the book distressing. I was mainly distressed by the
unethical and violent leanings of the main character and have not
even finished the book.