4.0 out of 5 stars Great CD Player, But No UK Mains Lead
I purchased this as I needed a new CD player & it's a great little compact CD player with great sound & is very easy to use.

The radio can be preset to your favourite radio stations & I found the quality of the product overall is excellent barring one thing.

Published 8 months ago by Timelord-007

3.0 out of 5 stars item did not have uk compatible power lead
Published 10 months ago by alison leith

4.0 out of 5 stars Great CD Player, But No UK Mains Lead, 17 April 2014
Timelord-007 (The Eccentric Wanderer) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sony ZS-S10CP Portable Stereo ( CD Player,MP3 Playback ) (Electronics)

This comes with a US 2 pin power cable but doesn't come with a 3 pin UK mains cable which is very annoying considering the price, I had to purchase a UK mains cable separately & nothing on Amazon's product description says the UK mains cable is not included.

Is this to become like Blu ray players now when the HDMI cable is not included or the Kindle Fire without the AC adaptor as I feel this is ripping off customers by not including the cables & accessories with the items.

The actual product of the portable CD player however I can't fault it as it delivers excellent quality sound & clear radio broadcasts considering it's non DAB radio.

Great product minus a star for the non inclusion of the UK mains cable.

3.0 out of 5 stars item did not have uk compatible power lead, 8 Feb 2014
the item arrived in good condition and well packaged but I could not use it due to the lack of uk power lead. I was not aware that this item would not have a uk power lead because this was not stated anywhere in the product description on Amazon website. Having looked at similar products on Amazon some of them did state that uk power lead not included and in these instances Amazon offers to provide an adapter free of charge. I do not know why the item I purchased was not offered with free one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 25 April 2014
I really love this. I'm using it to learn a musical score at choir and I can play the same few bars over and over when I come to a tricky bit rather than having to play the whole movement . .

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 19 May 2014
T. Porter (London) - See all my reviews
Great little unit that does what I need it to do, namely play CDs. Has a good depth of sound, recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boogie box for a boogie girl!, 29 May 2014
Looks great,sounds, great. Just the thing for all my wonderful cd's - can't stop buying them despite the techno revolution!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 3 Dec 2014
I bought this stereo for my five year old son for Christmas, as he is always asking me to put certain songs on - don't worry, it has been thoroughly tested with a range of CDs! It has it's good points, but to my ears it doesn't really match up to the review scores, the price or the name badge. It's just one opinion, but I will attempt to justify my low score.

Let's start with the positives. The controls are well positioned, clear and well laid out - perfect for a five year old or your average technophobe. The stereo has a robust feel and the CD tray feels solid and reliable - you would it expect it to last.

However, while the build quality is what you would expect of Sony, the sound isn't. I'm not expecting much for the price, but my daughter's £30 stereo is better. I paid £50 for this one. The speakers don't reproduce the bass at all and the lower mid frequencies are lacking too. The overall sound is clear but rather harsh sounding at anything above 'easy listening kitchen' volume and lacks any depth. Careful placement does help a little, e.g. a wooden surface can help warm the sound up.

I wouldn't rule this stereo out completely if you're not a music aficionado.My mother-in-law would not be able to hear anything wrong with it and the build quality and ease of use would be a definite selling point. It's clear sound is fine for putting on a bit of Jack Johnson or Elvis and singing along while doing something else. Teenagers, dance fans and rock fans will expect more than this can deliver, though.

I've just noticed it is now on at £82. That price is not even remotely warranted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Great sound for the money. Very happy with the product and the service

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs more bass, 21 Aug 2014
Good with what it can do, but needs more bass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 13 Dec 2014
C Fox - See all my reviews
Great piece of kit. The only thing is, the advert said it comes with continental plug and advised on buying a UK plug at an extra price, which I did. The radio arrived with a UK plug. Although the extra plug didn't cost much, it was annoying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 Dec 2014
J. Graham - See all my reviews
Excellent portable cd/radio at a reasonable price