5.0 out of 5 stars Best coffee maker yet
We bought the Tassimo after seeing one in action at the BBC Good Food Show and sampling a few coffee types. Even at that stage, we were still sceptical as we have had a number of other coffee makers, most of which ended up unloved in the back of the cupboard due to slowness, difficulty of cleaning etc. The T55 is designed and built by Bosch with Tassimo itself being a...
Published on 13 Jan. 2013 by Cheshire Cat

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product and i do love Costa Coffee. However only lukewarm which sadly disappoints.
I would recommend this product, especially if you love Costa Coffee. However I also love my coffee very hot. Sadly this product only produces a lukewarm coffee. I have also discussed this with other uses who also agree. The best option is to also boil your kettle and add some hotwater to your coffee. This isnt really ideal and the Tassimo should produce the "ultimate...
Published 24 months ago by craig abrahams

‹ Previous | 16 7 821 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works. Perfectly., 19 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Bosch Tassimo T55 TAS5542GB Hot Drinks & Coffee Machine - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this as a replacement for a DG machine that has a few hiccups developing.

It has worked perfectly. Leaving aside the t-disc cost for the moment the machine itself has the Britta water filters (which need replacing at seemingly set intervals) which in the area I live actually makes the water somewhat drinkable! I did deliberate for a while over whether this would be a good idea or not but given my friend has the model without the filter I feel the slightly higher cost is offset somewhat by the better quality drink.

It's well built, looks good in the kitchen and the footprint is smaller than I would have thought. It produces the drinks effortlessly and heats the water fast. The bar code scanner needs a regular wipe and some descaler will be needed to clean it every few months.

The only gripe I have it with the t-discs themselves. The Tassimo website lists a decent selection of them but the shops seem to stock a limited range. It's a little hit and miss with the variety available and, with the cost of the discs, it takes away half the pleasure of owning a machine like this which is to see those flavours you would like in the future - something I would have thought that Tassimo would have considered in offering samples or such like.

Still a great product and it has even got my wife having the odd cup of coffee!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well German engineered coffee machine. However let down by the coffee imgradient!, 19 Feb. 2014
Chuan Li (Kenilworth, U.K.) - See all my reviews
Basically what the title implies: The machine itself is very well designed - quality build, simple to operate, maintance cycle is long, nearly no dropping of liquid from the nozzle after finish a drink.
I just couldn't find any TASSIMO coffee dics that suits my taste after trying a hefty number of them. I returned this machine and went for the Verismo System 580 machine which is not as good quality as Bosch, but at the end of the day, the taste of the coffee is all that matters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch Tassimo TAS5542GB Multi Hot Drinks Machine, 10 Feb. 2014
Ian Reid (Wantage, Oxon..) - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic machine and make's delicious coffee. The only reservation I have is the price of the coffee, quite expensive from Amazon, much cheaper in Tesco's. Having said that, I would certainly recomend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, 9 Feb. 2014
ann (high peak, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with this coffee machine it make a good variety of drinks simple and easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 7 Feb. 2014
I can see why everyone raves about these machines. So quick and easy to use and the drinks' quality is really very good. I bought this item as "used" and the description basically said that the packaging was damaged. It was exactly as described and in A1 condition. Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tassimo T55, 31 Jan. 2014
Bought this after Christmas, Loved it so much bought 2 more for my daughters who love the coffee it makes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does so much more than coffee, 31 Jan. 2014
R. Meldrum - See all my reviews
This was a Christmas present for my wife, as she had been dropping subtle hints all year about our friends various coffee machines and she is the real coffee drinker in our house.

I chose this one as it already had good reviews and also had a wide range of drinks to go with it. We have spent a small fortune on loads of coffess, chais (!), lattes, hot chocolates and even teas, but it has been worth it. We all love the different permutations and now the whole family are using it every day.

Supermarkets don't have a massive selection of drinks, but Tassimo have their own website and Amazon have also benefitted from our orders.

Excellent value for money!

One reviewer was saying that their one started leaking - it happened once on ours and we found out why - if you insert a pod but it doesn't get recognised by the bar code reader, be very careful to put it back in exactly the same place. Otherwise you get another pair of holes pierced in it, which then have the hot liquid squirting out of them when the brew starts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, 21 Jan. 2014
Saves time when making coffee. Can be doing other jobs while waiting for the Tassimo to make an excellent cup of coffee and all the family love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Machine and brilliant coffee, 10 Jan. 2014
I bought one of these as a treat for myself for Christmas. I love it, it makes perfect coffees and there is a broad range to choose from. You can also buy teas and hot chocolate. Only downside is the price of the discs, but hey oh, what can you do. This machine is very easy to clean with dishwasher safe parts and easy to use service t-disc makes it a doddle. I would recommend this to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Jan. 2014
E. Edwards (UK) - See all my reviews
This is brilliant and is used every day unlike, previous machines. There is no mess, it's easy to use and the drinks are excellent. Have recommended it to all my family and friends.

‹ Previous | 16 7 821 | Next ›