5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant - Again!!!, 30 May 2012
This book is so easy to work through and yet has a profound effect once you complete it. It is written with the humour and extensive expertise that Simon Middleton uses in his other books (which I have also read and had real benefit from)
By working though each section, so much became clear to me and I realised what I had been doing and now what I really needed to be doing. Once I 'crafted my brand story, past present and future' I felt like I really knew what my purpose is now. I loved the tree metaphor.
I enjoyed the details of other company's brands and some disasters. I learned a lot in many areas from reading this book. I also love the way Simon exposes himself (in writing) to being human, having dreams, things not always going according to plan, and how he achieved what he finally set out to do. He doesnt take himself too seriously, he doesnt brag about being the best, he is just honest and gives so much.
You have to read this book if you want to achive more in your life, career or business (but I also found it worked for my relationships too)
I dont want to put pressure on but I am really looking forward to the next book............these books are life changing and I am so grateful for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and life changing ..., 6 Sep 2012
I was waiting with much excitement and anticipation as to the arrival of my first-reads giveaway prize from Goodreads of `Brand new you' by Simon Middleton, that combines marketing and business strategies with original logic to reinvent ourselves. Applying this reasoning to ourselves as individuals is truly fascinating, giving one a new perspective on how you think and your viewpoints on life. I have never encountered anything so intensely mind blowing with such remarkable viewpoints as to fascinate and intrigue. This book reaches out to not just the professional business person but to anyone, who wants to reinvent their work, life and general self through the power of personal branding. If you are seeking employment then this is an indispensable guide, if you are pessimistic about a relationship(s) or have low self-esteem and lacking confidence then this book is an essential read. After reading this book I felt truly uplifted and positive, encouraged by those instructive words of advice that was both enlightening and meaningful. With the concept put into action I was astonished as to how dramatic an effect it had, with such a result as to delight and overwhelm regardless of how small or supposedly trivial the object may be.

Stepping out of ones own skin and evaluating how you analyze a situation, you are able to see both the positives and negatives making clarity evident. When you are able to discover and reveal your own identity, and position yourself correctly one is then capable of achieving your own personal and professional brand objectives. It is not a book about how to pass an interview or how to think in a significant situation, but rather it is about self-assessment by crafting and telling your own life story to then implement. Simon Middleton is a knowledgeable expert who pours his revolutionary ideas into a single volume that has the potential to change your life. His original and truly unique concept verges towards the pioneering, groundbreaking marvels that transform readers' lives. Innovative, modern and fresh this book is inspirational, by an author who has truly excelled himself by surpassing and exceeding all expectations with something of such high caliber. Complete with diagrams, charts, bullet points and boxouts that bring his visionary, inspired ingenuity to life. I was more than impressed by this book that was a joy and a pure delight to behold; hence accomplishing your goals is made easier and quicker with this handbook, which gives you honest advice as you strive for fulfillment; no one is perfect but succeeding at your very best and thriving is within reach. I cannot highly recommend it enough to all readers' who are looking for something different and quite exceptional. I would like to thank the author for holding a giveaway of his book that I consider myself most privileged and fortunate to have read, that has certainly impacted on my way of thinking hence remaining on my mind for a long time to come.