4.0 out of 5 stars A jolly good product that does its job very well
I have had many styluses (stylii?!) for my iPad, and without doubt, this is the best.

It is the most robust and the stylus tip is stronger than any other I have used. To that, add the fact that you can replace the nibs (although I've had mine a few months and can't see any signs of wear or weakening) and you have a very good product.

The other,...
Published 20 months ago by Readingfan

3.0 out of 5 stars Losing my lid!
The fact that this stylus comes with a built in pen was what attracted me to it. Brilliant for taking virtual and real notes for those of us that haven't quite severed the connection to paper.

Published 8 months ago by LegendaryMrDude

4.0 out of 5 stars A jolly good product that does its job very well, 20 Aug 2012
This review is from: Wacom Bamboo Duo Stylus (Electronics)

The other, 'pen', end is good - the ink in the pen is smooth and it writes well.

It's not cheap - I grant you - but it is the best stylus I have used, and with the pen as well, I would thoroughly recommend this product.

The only reason I give it 4/5 stars is the cost - but I should add that it has been worth the cost to me. And if you're using it on, and can afford, an iPad, the price is probably not the deciding factor.

It is a well made, good quality bit of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Sep 2012
This review is from: Wacom Bamboo Duo Stylus (Electronics)
Decided to move to paperless at work and yes I know no one can do it totally, but this stylus combined with bamboo notes really does get you as close as you can do. Good quality stylus, easy to use, the nib is smaller than others I have tried to use and that makes it more precise. Have been using it everyday for the last month and no issues at all - well worth the extra money over some cheaper versions I've seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't do without, 23 Aug 2012
A. R. White - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wacom Bamboo Duo Stylus (Electronics)
As usual the service was excellent. This stylus is really the bees knees. It feels nice to use and works perfectly. I feel lost without it. My advice is get some spare nibs straight away. As you will eventually need them.
Brilliant.

3.0 out of 5 stars Losing my lid!, 23 July 2013
LegendaryMrDude (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Wacom Bamboo Duo Stylus (Electronics)

It's a nice size and a good weight, whether writing with the pen or using the stylus, it feels well constructed and nicely balanced. The body has a nice cold feel to it, hinting at quality. It's pretty discrete too, looking mostly like a regular pen. The lid usually sits over the pen end, keeping the ink dry and protecting it from writing over whetever's in your pocket. It can also be swapped to the stylus end to protect the fairly sensitive rubber tip.

In use, the stylus is excellent. It gives fine control and works well with a number of freehand drawing apps, either for sketching, marking up documents or even "hunt-and-pick" typing using the keyboard. The tip has a reasonable level of resistance on the screen, just enough to give good control, not so much that it's a battle to draw anything. The rubber feels fairly soft, and will eventually wear out. I have seen other reviewers commenting on how easy it is to tear and I can imagine it but haven't encountered any problems in the last month of ownership. That said, you can pick up a pack of replacement tips for a fiver, so it shouldn't be a big problem.

My only real gripe is with the pen - the ink takes an age to come through and if the paper you want to write on has been anywhere near a colour laser printer, you don't stand much of a chance of writing anything on it. The closest you will get is using a pencil to reveal the furios scribblings you etched into the paper while trying to get the pen to "do SOMETHING!!!". That and the fact that the lid is held on by rubber o-rings which have a tenuous grip at the best of times.

Expect to lose the pen lid, accidentally draw over everything in your bag that you'd rather you didn't draw on and get frustrated at not being able to draw on the things you wanted to !

While it's a nice idea in theory, the practice of this particular model would lead me to recommend buying the dedicate stylus and keeping a separate pen for when you really need to write on stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than a 5 option!, 21 Feb 2013
Gerry "Say something about yourself!" (Great Yeldham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wacom Bamboo Duo Stylus (Electronics)
Purchased a couple of days ago, after trying out a 5 stylus.

This is a great product, which is worth the extra money. I use it with Bamboo and Penultimate notebooks and it writes really well after a bit of practice. I use notebooks a lot for work - especially during meetings. The ink pen also writes really well, and takes standard mini refills (such as the Lamy M21). The size is just about right too, not so small as to make your hand hurt after a while, not too big to make it unwieldy.

It is nicely weighted, is robust and well made, is well finished and feels and looks like a quality product.The cap is a snug fit on either end, and the clip is firm enough to clip on a case or in your jacket pocket.

The supplied rubber tip is quite soft - and I would imagine will wear out with extensive use - especially if you bear quite hard when writing. So I have now fitted one of the hard types you can get on Amazon for 10 for 3. This has made a big difference for me, giving more control of writing. The tip is also smaller than others I have tried, which again helps with precision in writing and drawing, and if used on an ipod/iphone (which I also use) helps to locate and actuate their smaller icons.

All in all a highly reommended product - and if you want to use your Ipad Mini as a notebook - as I do a lot - worth every penny - and much better than using your finger!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very very good, but at a price, 8 Nov 2012
Nick Flynn "NickF" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Wacom Bamboo Duo Stylus (Electronics)
Thi is probably the best stylus I have used, and is particularly effective with my ipad.

Nicely weighted, and the pen end writes very smoothly indeed.

I also use it on my Wacom Bamboo tablet, in preference to the supplied pen.

I do like the fact that you can get replacement nibs, and I find this Wacom Duo has better feel than cheaper pens.

All good then, a quality tool, but knocking on 30 quid is too steep.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pen aspect is poor quality and pen top falls off too easily, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: Wacom Bamboo Duo Stylus (Electronics)
Have previously used Griffin but found the nib 'wore out'. Decided to invest in bamboo. Very disappointed. The ink pen is poor quality. If you picked up this pen in shop and tried it, you would most definitely not buy it. I like to put my pen in my inside jacket pocket. The pen top does not fit sufficiently well and sturdy enough to hold the pen. Before I got in the car the pen had dropped away from the top. So despite me hoping this duo system would eliminate one instrument from my pocket, it is lying dormant in the house and I' m back to griffin and decent pen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Wacom Bamboo Duo Stylus (Electronics)
I have purchased a number of these types of pen and found them to be wanting. This is the only one that works for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Make of Stylus for the iPad, 16 Mar 2013
This review is from: Wacom Bamboo Duo Stylus (Electronics)
I use Bamboo notes on my ipad all the time and this pen is the best I have used, it is well balanced, feels good in the hand and without doubt is the best to write with. Whilst accepting its not cheap and most people will want to pay far less you need to consider that the tips are available to replace, it's a high quality product which works and works excellently.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stylus, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: Wacom Bamboo Duo Stylus (Electronics)
Bought this in my constant hunt for a really good stylus. This one has gotten quite a bit of great reviews, and while it is good it is still quite a bit from pen and paper.

+ Long
+ Doubles as a pen
+ One of the best styluses I've tried

- The pen could have been more fluid (while ink it acts and looks more like a lead pencil
- I would like it even a bit longer, and perhaps a bit thicker
- Probably not the styluses fault, but still quite a bit from using real pen and paper

Used on an iPad 2 and iPad Mini.

ARRAY(0xb2f31cc0)