5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
To say I enjoyed this book is an understatement. I LOVED it! I found myself checking the progress bar at the bottom of the page on my Kindle and hoping there was still loads left to read.

I then found myself wondering how there could be so much left to read when there had already been so much action!

I'm a big fan of movies like Jason and the...
Published on 10 Aug. 2012 by Michelle Ashmore

3.0 out of 5 stars Percy Jackson (Rick Riordan) meets Stargate SG1
A good enough read if you are looking for something simple with nonstop action, and are not too worried about the plot. The two hero character are the perfect foil to each other, one outrageously rebellious, confident, and able; the other the nerd who comes good when the chips fall.
Published on 14 Dec. 2012 by Dryfly

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 10 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

I'm a big fan of movies like Jason and the Argonauts and Clash of the Titans so this book was a perfect read for me.

There was enough description of the people and places to enable me to see everything clearly in my mind. I was swept into the different worlds and felt the pain of the rift right alongside Talbot and Wes.

I can't wait for the next book in the series. As soon as it's released I'll be having it sent to my Kindle :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling from start to finish, 1 May 2012
This review is from: Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is a thrill from the very onset, once started i couldn't put it down until i had finished and that for me is the mark of great writing, the story starts off at a great pace and maintains that till the very end, great characters who develop throughout the story and the plot itself is fantastic, i'm trying not to give away any details of the story itself but this is a must read, if you like Stephen King books you will love this, Luke Romyn takes you on a journey through several worlds introducing you to an endless stream of wonderous characters with non stop action and an epic battle what more could the reader wish for. Five stars all the way from me highly recommend in fact i have just purchased Luke Romyn's other 2 books and can't wait to get stuck in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, pretty good execution, 14 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this book. The idea - Greek Mythology being based on misreported real events - is inventive and appealing. An approach not unlike the way that Bernard Cornwell looked at the Myths of King Arthur.

The action flows along nicely with plenty of twists and turns. Yes, there were a few cliches and some stretching of coincidence, but it made for an enjoyable, undemanding read.

The characters lacked development but, as the first book in a series, maybe that will come later. All in all, Beyond Hades is not great literature but serves very well as a way to pass the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars On my signal, unleash Hell.., 23 Mar. 2013
What if mythology isn't myth? The ancient Greeks told fabulously detailed stories involving unbelievable creatures - monsters dominating all tales from that time. Were they just highly imaginative, or was their inspiration from somewhere else?

This is a question I have asked myself before too. I have long been a firm believer that where there is smoke there is fire. And in line with that I doubt all these creatures are things of myth. There has to be substance to the stories and a basis to the legends that have stood the test of time. Therefore I am grateful that someone has delved into this mythology and given us a fantastic story that will also stand the test of time. I studied ancient Greek history at university and love all areas of Greek mythology. Indeed it would not be inaccurate to say that of all the mythologies of all the civilisations in the world, current and extinct, none grab the attention quite the same way as that of the Greeks. Therefore, when I saw the title: Beyond Hades, I was already sucked in. But it is about what lies beyond the underworld of Greek mythology that we are dealing with here. Yes it is Tartarus.

It would suffice to say that many know of Hades and the River Styx where Achilles' mother submerged him to make his body invincible, though forgetting the backs of his ankles.. the place the Greeks believed you went when you were dead. But Tartarus is the place where they sent the wicked to punish or imprison them. As you can imagine Zeus was responsible for sending all manner of hideous beast there.

Enter Luke Romyn. He opens this world to us and educates us in depth at the horror that is Tartarus, the horror that dwells Beyond Hades. The US military has opened a gateway to this realm and unleashed these immensely powerful forces onto an unsuspecting world. The pace with which this guy writes is incredible, a real adrenalin rush. He throws us headfirst into his vision and delivers so many twists and turns at the speed of light, which never allows us a chance to take a moment to get our breath back.

I absolutely love the way he incorporates the legends of Atlantis and blends it with new elements to the myth of Olympus and the role Zeus played in protecting the world over several millennia. The characters, real and mythical, have real depth and you can't help but care for them and experience their tribulations. It is a riveting and clever piece of fiction with too many twists to count that deserves global success. I reckon it will happen because the cream always reaches the top, in every aspect of life. The day some big shot movie producer reads this book, Luke Romyn will be a household name.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant journey into a new world., 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is the first Luke Romyn book I read and I was hooked by the first page. It starts out fast paced from page one. I had downloaded the second book by a quarter of the way in! The blend of modern and myth combined with brilliant characters, you know who I mean Wes, and a very new twist on who all the Greek Gods are. Great plot and a must read.
You will be desperate for more and just as well you have Slaves of Valhalla to follow up with.

3.0 out of 5 stars Percy Jackson (Rick Riordan) meets Stargate SG1, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
An amalgam of Percy Jackson (Rick Riordan) meets Stargate SG1 (various authors) this story has the gods and creatures of Greek mythology as actual beings from another dimension of time and space that is accessible through gated rifts in the barrier. With of course the inevitable villain in Promethius there has to be a suspicion that these books were written with one eye on the movie or games series.
It is just too blood-thirsty and graphic in places with over-ample sprinkling of bad language, sexual innuendo and sexual oriented insults to make it suitable for the 14 year old boys it would likely be well suited to.

5.0 out of 5 stars please read, 8 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
dont let this slip by you
i have enjoyed all simon scarrow books and would say this is just as good
i dont usualy write reviews but this really deserves a read as it is truly entertaining as good as any conn books or ludlum

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't know if I liked this or not!, 12 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book was a wierd one for me. I almost stopped reading it a couple of times in the beginning half. The idea for the book really appealed to me. It started off good then suddenly I wondered where it was all going. Then it picked up, then it dropped off again. It was a bit of a roller coaster until about half way through then I could't put it down.

Some of the characters were a little stereotypical and, at times, over the top. Well, they were in the first half of the book anyway. After that point the same characters were suddenly more believable. It was confusing.

Anyway, once you got past half way it was a really good, solid read. Would I recommend it? Yes .... and no! See, confused!

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic story with a whole army of vicious monsters, 20 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Luke has written an epic story that I really enjoyed. He starts with the questions: What if the creatures of Greek mythology were real? Could we stop them if they invaded our world?

This fast-paced novel tells of man's battle against the worst and most vicious of the creatures from mythology. Doctor Talbot Harrison has to travel through a rift in time and space to go into the creatures' own worlds in an attempt to stem the tide of the monsters. Luke describes these creatures in full revolting detail and makes them seem very real. He also gives us vivid descriptions of the other worlds that Talbot visits. His story has a number of twists and turns and all is seldom exactly as it may seem.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a little confusing, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
So many things, entities, gods, myths in doorways, dimensions, being killed by one or two amazing Australian men. Hmmm... I quite liked the starting out, but then got bored with the endless classical confusions.