5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning...
Background:

Published 19 months ago by N. A. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Not studio sound but ok being mobile etc
I am quite impressed with these ill break it down what I found Sound : using my iphone 5 quite good but lacking bass I use will and britney song scream and shout for testing all round ,highs and lows I'd say 6 outta 10 ,bass 6 outta 10 Then I used my cmoy amp from jds labs and this shifted the sound to 8 or 9 outta ten for all sounds ,comparing to my other set I have...
Published 13 months ago by Justin M. Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning..., 17 Sep 2012
N. A. Smith - See all my reviews
Background:
============

I spent some time researching on-ears (supra-aural) headphones before buying the V-Moda M-80 as I was looking for something that had excellent sound, good build quality and would work well both unamplified and amplified. The headphones must also be portable, i.e. not full size, over-ears (circum-aural) headphones, must be comfortable for long periods of time and provide sufficient isolation from outside noise, without leaking sound and annoying others around me. They also must work well with all my portable devices (HTC One X, iPod Video, Sansa Clip Zip, Colorfly C3)

My musical tastes run from classical right through pop, rock, metal and dance and trying to find headphones that suit all genres, and that sound equally well on all devices, is difficult. I typically listen to portable audio in either high bitrate (320k) MP3's or FLAC. Having read extensive reviews of the M80's on the head-fi forums, on here and on other websites/forums, I felt confident enough to take the plunge and purchase them.

So, on to the review...

================
Pack contents:
================

Comes in a high quality box, sealed with a ribbon that you have to cut to open. Within the box is an even higher quality hard case that contains the headphones, two different cables for them (one for Apple devices, one for everything else) and a lanyard clip for hooking the carry case onto a belt loop or rucksack. The inside of the carrying case is finished in a red velour type of material that will keep your headphones secure and scratch free.

Build quality:
===============

The headphones have a solid steel band. Quite the most robust I have ever seen on a pair of headphones and videos I have seen of V-Moda and others stressing the headband by twisting it into all sorts of shapes and stretching it out flat, show just how robust the headband is. The headband is finished at the top with a nappa style leather and some ventilated cushioning. Earpieces are well moulded from a heavy duty plastic and have removable metal faceplates on them that can be customised (I'll come to that later). The headphones take a removable, standard 3.5mm male jack/jack cable and the two different ones provided are thick, kevlar re-inforced cables that will take some considerable abuse. Nonetheless it is nice to have removable cables just in case you do damage one. The earpads fit on your ears (not over them) and have a soft leatherette covering over the top of soft foam. Please note that these headphones do not fold up as some portable headphones do, but their compact size and excellent carrying case, really make this a non-issue for carrying them round in a rucksack or other bag.

=======================
Comfort and isolation:
=======================

Very comfortable. They sit on the ears nicely, with just sufficient clamping force to keep them in place and I can wear them for hours on end without any discomfort. The robust steel headband can easily be adjusted to fit almost anyones head.

Isolation levels are good, with little or no sound intruding from outside, and this is impressive for on-ears headphones. How good the isolation will be for you, will depend on how well they seal against your ears, but for me, they sealed very well. These headphones are considered to be closed back, but in fact do contain small vents at the bottom of each earpiece that will let a tiny bit of sound leak out. In practice I find that anyone sitting more than an arms length away, cannot hear any sound from them at all, and I suspect the only time you might have an issue is if you are sitting right next to someone on a plane and had the volume turned up to very high levels.

Sound Quality:
===============

Superb. They have a well rounded and full bodied sound, that is smooth, yet balanced and punchy and delivers at all levels. Bass is well defined and extends well, and kick drums sound like they are trying to break the bridge of your nose from inside of your head. Don't get me wrong, these headphones are not bass monsters like the awful 'Dre Beats' range, what they are instead, is capable of delivering all the bass you need in a controlled,punchy and deep manner, without sacrificing the mids and trebles in order to do so. Mids are balanced and well presented for both male and female vocals, and trebles are crisp and again balanced with the rest of the sound without any sibilance. The headphones work well across all my devices without using a headphone amplifier and have an impedence that makes them easy to drive by any device I have.
Not only are they one of the best headphones I have ever heard, but if you use them with an external DAC/Amplifier (such as the Fiio E7) connected to your PC, then they step up another level again. They even manage to make Spotify streaming music sound good on my laptop/PC, which is no mean feat and is a testament to how good these headphones are when used with external DAC's/amplification.

========================
Additional information:
========================

V-Moda allow you to order (from their website)customised headphone plates in a variety of different colours and that can be printed with logos and/or simple art and your name. These can then be used to replace the metal plates on the side of the headphone earpieces, in order to give you a totally unique and customised set of headphones. A really nice touch I thought, and I have ordered and recieved a set of these myself.

=========
Summary:
=========

Superb quality headphones at a keen price. I would defy anyone to find something that sound or look as good as these at the same price. Their only real competitor is possibly the Sennheiser HD25-1 II, but the Sennheiser is more expensive, and in my opinion, not quite as good. It is evident to my eyes and ears, that V-Moda have gone to a great deal of effort in both the design and the sound of these headphones, to deliver something that is at the top of its particular field. So, in summary, the positives and the negatives...

[+] Excellent sound quality
[+] Excellent build quality
[+] Top quality accessories in the box
[+] Customisable
[+] 2 year warranty

[-] Relatively unknown brand name that may put off some people that value a well known brand name

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, 9 Mar 2012
PROS:
- unbelievable built and finish quality
- nice "V" shaped sound signature for those who likes crisp trebles and deep basses (deep but not too "beats style" deep)
- good passive external sound isolation
- impressive soundstage for a closed back small headphone

CONS:
- headband pressure pending for the strong side but still confortable though
- the carrying case do not fit the headphone with the cable attached, adding unnecessary stress to de plug conector

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 19 April 2013
This review is from: V-MODA Crossfade M-80 On-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphones - White Pearl (Electronics)
Excellent product! Sound quality is amazing just love them!so comfortable on the ears, I had Bose q3 on ear phones before but these are so much better and noise reduction is excellent and you don't even need any batteries etc.... Would recommend definitely and brilliant value too.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING...I only have one issue, 29 Mar 2013
I've had these headphones for over 3 months now, so they've had hundreds of hours of burn in time.

-Design/Build -
If you're looking for headphones that can survive a nuclear strike, you've found them! I know a lot of people have said this already but they really are built like a tank! You would expect that since they have been tested under a US Military standard.
I really love the design. They don't scream "LOOK AT ME!!" like your typical Beats by Dre but they have a much more conservative but still sleek and stylish look. If you don't like the standard black you can always get custom shields to change up the style. You get 2 detachable cords, one black one red, which are both extremely durable and everything fits neatly into the hard case that comes with the headphones.

-Sound -
I tested out dozens of headphones before I finally decided on these. It was a bit of a leap of faith since they aren't sold in shops so there's nowhere to test them out. I like a bit of bass from my headphones and although these aren't bass heavy they have just the right amount, and the bass goes really deep. The best part about the sound is probably the mids. Vocals sound really good on these headphones, and shine through on tracks like Adele's "Someone Like You." Make sure you burn them in for 20-30 hours before you make a judgement on them, because the sound will change.

-Comfort -
For me this is the only real issue. When i put these headphones on they fit great and feel pretty comfortable with just the right amount of clamp. After about 45-60 minutes though my ears really start to ache. I think comfort is going to be different for everyone to be fair. I gave these to my mum for a day and she had them on for a few hours and didn't have any complaints. If there is any way you can test these out before you buy them do it because if the comfort isn't there you'll hate your headphones however good they sound. I don't usually tend to keep my headphones on longer than 1.5 hours, and that's only really when I'm at the gym.

-Summary/Verdict-
Despite my small gripe with these headphones, they are still an incredible set of on-ears to have. My advice is (if you can afford it) get these headphones for when you're on the go and look for a pair of over-ears (circum-aural) if you want to listen to your music for extended periods of time. I think the sound signature of these headphones will appeal to a lot of people though so I still recommend them highly!

5.0 out of 5 stars V Moda, 23 Mar 2013
Beautiful pair of headphones that reveal so much of the music - used from an iPod classic and a FiiO E07 they are lovely. No EQ, loud and clear and crisp.
They look great, and are very well built.
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant tech, 25 Dec 2012
I got these headphones after doing a little bit of research on what where best on the market. I didn't want to go for the latest M-100 as they seemed to me to be to large in comparison to these. I felt these would be more compact and less bulky to carry around when I am walking around.

Firstly and most importantly the sound quality is brilliant! I did try out some "DJ beats" headphones at a store and in comparison these are by far better.

Secondly, they are sturdy! you wont have the scare of dropping these headphones and worry about them being damaged (as long as you aren't dropping them from a 5 story building)

For the price, the quality is brilliant! as a added plus since i live in the great snowy Scotland, these also keep your ears nice and warm!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb audio and build quality, 21 Nov 2012
I tested several on-ear headphones from Beats, B&W P3/P5, Bose - before opting for these V-Modas on the basis of reviews that I read online from both users and audio pro reviewers. Bit of a risk purchasing without a test myself, but the reviews were very positive and, I'm glad to say, entirely valid.

These V-Moda headphones deliver outstanding audio quality across a diverse range of music - connected either to my iPod Touch or iPad. I am delighted with them. Far better than the Beats phones, which I found too bass heavy. I also prefer the sound quality to the B&W and Bose offerings. They are still far from cheap (I paid 115) but the quality/value is superb compared to the more expensive offerings from B&W and Bose. The build quality is also superb, these will not be damaged easily.

For those who care about such things (I don't), they look good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Headphones I have Ever Used, 8 Nov 2012
JTJ (Florida, MO USA) - See all my reviews
There is no words to describe these. A perfect balance between bass and acoustics, a beautiful design and robust. The perfect earphones. It does not get better.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing buy.., 3 Sep 2012
R. Pasha (London, UK) - See all my reviews
bought them after reading positive review on head-fi, amazond.com and i was not dissapointed. They sound superb and look good too. These are my first audiophile headphones and I am very happy that i made the right decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound on a nice package, 3 May 2012
I bought this headphones to replace my Monster Turbine (in-ear) buds. Although in-ear headphones are easier to carry around, the sound quality always lacks compared with "bigger" headphones.
So far, and after a month, I can say that I find the V-Moda an awesome choice. They have very good sound. I can easily ear Tiesto, Armin van Buuren, or something more like FUN., Orichas or even some lounge music.
I would recomend this to anyone.

ARRAY(0xae2fdde0)