5.0 out of 5 stars New poetry
I am normally rather turned off by poetry, but these are a wondeful a refreshing bunch of poems that I have read more than once and enjoyed. There are some hysterically funny poems and some very sad ones. Altogether very entertaining.
Published on 2 Jan. 2006

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my kind of poetry
Representative of the unconvential, self-centred, hedonistic writing that appeals to the less sanguine aspects of the human condition, attractive to those who find stable relationships boring, I suppose.
Published 18 months ago by K L

5.0 out of 5 stars New poetry, 2 Jan. 2006
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Did I mention the free wine?, 20 Oct. 2004
MR MARTIN G BRYANT (Barry, Vale of Galmorgan United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lone Wolf (Paperback)
I was enticed along to an evening of felix's poetry by the promise of free wine,but in all honesty would happily pay to see him again and again!
If all poetry was written with the same passion,humour and senses of nostalgia and morality as Felix's then poetry would once again be one of the foremost art forms in this country.This is poetry for the masses and best of all it is free from the pretentiousness that usually accompanies the medium,and best of all...it actually rhymes!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Poetry for the people, 23 July 2010
This review is from: Lone Wolf (Paperback)
I love all his poems. A delight, a laugh, a sigh. The CD that comes with the book is great for walking to the shops (downloaded onto the ipod. Many if not all his poems can be read on his web site - but it is still worth getting the book for portability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poetry for today, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Lone Wolf (Paperback)
Felix Dennis writes real poetry that rhymes, scans and in some cases sings to the reader. It is thoughtful, funny, provocative and thoroughly entertaining. This book is the perfect introduction to poetry and should be an example to every aspiring poet. To appreciate it fully, read each poem as if you were reading it aloud to ourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book of poetry, 20 Jan. 2012
J. Colin Moss "CM Edinburgh" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Lone Wolf (Paperback)
Felix Dennis poetry is special - accessible, fun, engaging, sometimes poignant, always a great read (or listen).

This version comes with a CD of Felix reading how work, and his voice adds real depth and vitality to these great poems.

Not into poetry reading? Neither was I until I went to one! But I am converted to Felix at least.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very expensive book... in lots of ways!, 5 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Lone Wolf (Kindle Edition)
My intro to FD's poetry books was LONE WOLF and I recognised myself in it! I know where he is coming from. I feel as though I own a very expensive book...in lots of ways. It would be unfair to review each poem one by one as poetry can translate to different people in different ways. What I can say is that Mr Dennis has lived a fuller than usual life, dealt with all manner of people at all levels of life and this has shaped his very insightful view upon himself and also the world around him.

I highly recommend it. In fact, it's that good I also bought it as a present for my Mam. A wise choice for me... she loves it too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Lone Wolf (Paperback)
Good writing and good feedback

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my kind of poetry, 25 Sept. 2013