WARNING - This is not for everyone. I've been weight training for years and I've done Triathlon for 2 years but still found it very difficult at times. Doing over 120 pull ups in one session along with all the other exercises involved is very tough.

Published 22 months ago by James Alliss

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as P90X
Having been a great fan of P90X and wanting something new to try I opted for P90X2.

Published on 23 July 2012 by Ben Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars No Pain, No Gain - If you want to feel better and do more BUY This!, 9 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Beachbody P90X2 Base Kit (Sports)

There were times when I was literally collapsed on the floor in a pool of sweat but it was worth it in the end.

ANOTHER WARNING - You will need to eat well, buy some vitamins and follow a regular sleeping pattern otherwise the intensity of the course will more than likely cause you to feel run down and eventually ill. I don't recall managing to complete more than 6 days in a row for 3 weeks at a time before I had to stop and rest for a week.

You'll need to be very disciplined to commit to 6 days a week but when you see the results, you'll realise all the pain is worth it in the end. You will also need to purchase weights, a pull up bar and a medicine ball to get the most out of this.

I'd also like to mention that I had some support issues with Beachbody in the beginning but they got everything sorted so I'd like to praise their Support.

Although I've completed the course, and it took me longer than 90 days, I will continue to use it for years to come by mixing up the exercises.

Overall, a great product and a great company.

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficult third album, 18 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Beachbody P90X2 Base Kit (Sports)
After completing P90X I found I was getting bored with the routine. I was on my third round, made amazing changes to my physique and health but I was struggling to complete the workouts because they just didn't challenge me the way they did on day 1. So I turned to P90X2, and I really am glad I did.

Before anyone starts with 'oh it's a Horton fanboy chiming in against the negative reviews (and there's been a fair few floating around various sites which shows the devisive nature of the program) X2 is NOT an ideal workout. It's hard. Far harder than P90X. In no way is it an alternative, it's a program to do after if you are looking for more. Beachbody make 2 programs like this: Insanity The Asylum and this one. it's 5 days rather than 6 because its so hard. The warm up routines are short because you're expected to use a foam roller extensively regardless of what the guys on the DVD are doing. Many people coming to this will say it isn't as hard as P90X because the routines are much simpler and shorter but if you can't hold warrior 3 well enough to lift challenging weights (yes, bicep curls in warrior 3 folks) or can't maintain form during side arm balance on med balls this isn't for you.

The biggest fault of the DVDs is the constant barrage of Beachbody products. It's understandable because it is a BB product itself but not to this degree. That said everything needed for the workout can be got hold of other ways (hey: Amazon!) easy enough and the program doesn't require specific brands to complete. Tony's just as good/bad as always depending on your taste.

So why 4 stars? Because that's what P90X would get. If you complete P90X and have the strength, form and desire to go further then X2 is ideal. I'm in far better shape than I was on day 1, far better shape than I would have achieved after another 90 days of P90X. I would very likely have failed to complete another round of P90X but as it stands I'll have reached day 365 shortly before the end of this routine and will be ready for my next challenge. Undoubtedly I'm in better shape because of this, and ultimately that's what i bought it for.

It's the marmite of exercise routines. Still better than a gym and a PT for me, but not for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not "P90X" , It's The Next Level ...., 20 Jan. 2013
Geoff (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beachbody P90X2 Base Kit (Sports)
Kinda frustrating that people seem to think that it's not "P90X"....maybe they are missing the point? It's called "P90X2" and it's the next level!

The whole premise of the original programme was to get big...get strong...get fit. The fun stuff was the "Yoga X" and the "Kempo X"....the rest? Tough going, for the 90 days...

For "X2" the whole concept is to keep the individual off balance....to make the core work overtime....so as to have the base stronger so as to be able to complete the rest of the programme.

There's more equipment needed, not just dumbbells and the pullup bar....you'll certainly need a stability ball, that is a must, likewise medicine balls/footballs/basketballs for some of the moves. They're not just gimmics, they are pretty essential....

Another new thing is the concept of foam rolling....just like self deep massage. Have a try...see how you feel afterwards....my betting is you won't believe how much difference it makes!

Finally, the new concept of 'Post Activation Potentiation'....a new form of training...bloody hard...but feels great afterwards...

So.....for 90 days you work out....you work to your max....the workout is split up into 3 phases, the first being the 'Foundation' stage, the next being 'Strength', and then finally 'Performance'...

It works....you'll gain muscle....gain strength....and get toned...

Love it!

Geoff xx

5.0 out of 5 stars P90X2 - ITS GREAT, 19 May 2015
This review is from: Beachbody P90X2 Base Kit (Sports)
Love P90X2 so much, im a p90x1 and x3 grad and if you got all the equipment to make this work for you then get ready for something new! This workout is very diffrent to the other programs and thats what makes it great. Plus its in blu-ray!!

5.0 out of 5 stars different..but great results, 30 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Beachbody P90X2 Base Kit (Sports)
Having done P90X twice I was looking for another level of challenge and found it in P90X2. If you are more than a weightlifting meathead, want to find out what your body is capable of and like to add finesse and body control to a workout, then this is for you. The first phase of the programme focuses on building core strength... and boy does it! You don't necessarily feel it whilst you are working out, but you see it and feel it as the weeks go by (I did it for five weeks). The second phase is just like P90X...but harder, and more focussed on building the 'glamour' muscles as Tony calls them. Have not yet done the third phase but already notice significant improvement in not just how I look, but in my strength and fitness levels, which were already pretty good. Just know that when I go back to P90X I am going to find it too easy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as P90X, 23 July 2012
Ben Stewart - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beachbody P90X2 Base Kit (Sports)

It isn't a patch on the first, it does give a good workout however it feels like Tony Horton has pulled exercises out of his backside in an effort to shoehorn in as many beach body products as possible. Exercises that I don't feel are working you to your best and many that are downright dangerous even when properly stretched and warmed up.

If you haven't already blown the £100+ on it I would stay away there are better out there like beachbodys own Insanity or the original P90x

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 21 April 2015
You could do the training in much less time. Beachbody P90 is much better

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good collection!, 14 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Beachbody P90X2 Base Kit (Sports)
I am training like this collection since six weeks. And it works!!! So i only can recommend this collection to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout product!, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Beachbody P90X2 Base Kit (Sports)
I really like this, I been in gym for a while, home exercise was not look much to me as effective but have to admit after just 30 days workout I can see visible results. The work outs are great also the planning what you do and when. The nutrition plan is awesome! Highly recommending to all!

Beachbody P90X2 BluRay Base Kit