5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for making queso fresco
This was perfect I was able to make cheese just the same as I did during my 30 months in Brazil.
I tried other rennets before and all I got was something like a cream cheese, but with this one my cheese came out just like the 'queso fresco' found in latin countries.
Published 12 months ago by Ms Chonette Taylor

It does what it's supposed to do. why 3 and not 5...
The label was different that what is shown in the picture, the package i got didn't mention how many drops per litter/gallon. I'm still testing my way up to find what is the right balance, right now i'm working with 10 drops for a 6pint (~3.4L) milk recipe and have positive results. what i have done so far:...
Published 9 months ago by D. E. Galavis Borden

3.0 out of 5 stars Dont be fooled by 3 starts... its good and i would buy it again, 22 Aug. 2014
D. E. Galavis Borden "David & Mariana" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Animal Rennet - 50ml Cheese Making (Misc.)
It does what it's supposed to do. why 3 and not 5...

Ricotta (really easy, i think this one is mastered)
Queso Fresco (still working my way around if apply pressure or not to get it to the right moisture)
Mozzarella (quite straight forward... but i still have room for improvement)

UPDATE! 17/10/2014. After doing a little bit more research i got to this place:
I have no relation to the site, and i'm not getting any reward for giving free publicity... but i think for a cost perspective is a better than getting it from amazon. Not planing to buy this one again.

UPDATE 19/10 To give a clear reference in terms of milk, and times I use...
I'm working with short duration full fat milk, I do not add calcium chloride, but I do know it can help... Starting next week I will start working with full fat raw milk from a local farmer. Make an update then of raw vs what you buy from a sainsburys.
When I do queso fresco I use about 12drops per 6pints, and i wait at least 3h at 30c.
When I do Gouda I use 7ml for 24pints, and I wait about 50min at 30C.
WARNING, the Americans are too dumb to understand the IS, and tent to forget they a gallon is an open unit that doesn't always mean the same... So to avoid making the same mistake I did, be sure that when you are following a recipe from Internet and converting units, to add the "us" gallons

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for making queso fresco, 5 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars oldenburg, 28 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Animal Rennet - 50ml Cheese Making (Misc.)
it was a small enough amount for for me to have a go at making some cheese at a low cost thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is great, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Animal Rennet - 50ml Cheese Making (Misc.)
The product is very good. I use it to thicken some home made yoghurt. It really works.
Thank you for sending it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product., 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Animal Rennet - 50ml Cheese Making (Misc.)
Not much to say here except that it works exactly as it should and seems to be fresh and hygenic.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a little cheesy, 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Animal Rennet - 50ml Cheese Making (Misc.)
Used for a science experiment to make cheese - the cheese was very good, so this must have worked just fine! Top marks for the science project, so happy son and happy mum.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't as good as the usual rennet that I buy at my ..., 11 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Animal Rennet - 50ml Cheese Making (Misc.)
Wasn't as good as the usual rennet that I buy at my local health food shop. I thought I would try and see how it compared to it. Unfortunately, I ended up using twice as much of this brand to make my usual amount of cheese

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 7 May 2015
This review is from: Animal Rennet - 50ml Cheese Making (Misc.)
I've made cheese many times however this product did not work and no instructions were given.

4.0 out of 5 stars but the mixing quantities had to be adjusted to obtain a good cheese., 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Animal Rennet - 50ml Cheese Making (Misc.)
Generally OK, but the mixing quantities had to be adjusted to obtain a good cheese.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Animal Rennet - 50ml Cheese Making (Misc.)
Good quality rennet with quick delivery

Animal Rennet - 50ml Cheese Making